Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:33:08 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Tim Tebow is garbage.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 35 Print
Author Topic: Tim Tebow is garbage.  (Read 137187 times)
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #375 on: December 29, 2011, 10:07:48 pm »

Curious and why off subject (sorry),but 26 pages... almost 400 replies...is this the longest thread in TDMMC history?  Impressive?  Say what you will about Tebow, I can't remember a thread ever generating this much talk for this long!

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #376 on: December 30, 2011, 04:31:05 am »

Curious and why off subject (sorry),but 26 pages... almost 400 replies...is this the longest thread in TDMMC history?  Impressive?  Say what you will about Tebow, I can't remember a thread ever generating this much talk for this long!

Someone in this thread called Tebow a "one in a million talent"  .....so its not surprising when you are talking about such greatness it generated such a response  ....ha ha ha!
bsmooth
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #377 on: December 30, 2011, 04:59:13 am »

Divine inspiration?
jtex316
YJFF Member
Uber Member

2011 NFC East Champions!

« Reply #378 on: December 30, 2011, 09:42:35 am »

"Are you saying Jesus Christ can't hit a curve-ball??"

Smiley

Giants: '56 NFL Champs; Super Bowl XXI, XXV, XLII Champs
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #379 on: December 30, 2011, 05:18:21 pm »

"Are you saying Jesus Christ can't hit a curve-ball??"

Smiley

ha ha ha ha, great line from a great movie!
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #380 on: December 30, 2011, 08:00:12 pm »

Yo, Pedro! Jo-Boo needs a refill!  Evil

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Landshark
« Reply #381 on: December 30, 2011, 10:17:17 pm »

Oh sure, now you come around.  He is not fooled.
bsmooth
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #382 on: December 31, 2011, 03:50:21 pm »

On a side note. If the Broncos lose this week, how much off season turmoil will this cause?
Landshark
« Reply #383 on: January 01, 2012, 12:55:02 am »

I can say this much about Tebow:  The guy knows how to win.  At Florida, he threw somewhere around 90 touchdowns and only 16 or 17 picks.  Not to mention he had some serious talent around him.  Aaron Hernandez, Louis Murphy, Percy Harvin, and Riley Cooper to name a few. 

Granted, he is not your prototypical NFL quarterback and he has a different kind of windup/delivery than most NFL quarterbacks.  I say put the type of talent around him from Florida and see what he does before passing judgment on him.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #384 on: January 01, 2012, 01:26:29 am »

On a side note. If the Broncos lose this week, how much off season turmoil will this cause?

a lot. All of the "good feeling" and "winning" will be forgotten and only the miserable finish will be in the minds of those out there
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #385 on: January 01, 2012, 08:44:30 am »

Not much.  The excuse will be that the games that Orton lost cost them the division, and that If Only Tebow Had A Full Season, The Broncos Would Have Made The Playoffs.

Tebow has locked himself in as next year's starter, regardless of this week's result.

EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #386 on: January 01, 2012, 09:47:44 am »

Not much.  The excuse will be that the games that Orton lost cost them the division, and that If Only Tebow Had A Full Season, The Broncos Would Have Made The Playoffs.
Tebow has locked himself in as next year's starter, regardless of this week's result.

How is that an excuse? Seems pretty accurate to me. Orton was 1-4 as the starter. The worst Tebow can finish is 7-4. That's .636. Over the span of the season, it's 10-11 wins, which easily wins that division. Plus, two of the losses Orton had were against the Raiders and Chargers, who Denver beat with Tebow at QB; don't forget, too, they almost beat SD when Tebow was put in in the 4th quarter. He accounted for 2 TD's in what- 10 minutes? They would have actually won that game too, had his receiver not dropped a pass int he end zone to win the game. I get that you guys all hate Tebow for whatever reason, but the record pretty much speaks for itself. It's no excuse to say they would have had a better record if he started from week one. -EK
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #387 on: January 01, 2012, 10:20:32 am »

Ironically Orton can cause them to miss the playoffs form both ends of the spectrums. He sucked for the Boroncos and succeeded for the Chiefs! How often has this ever happened?

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #388 on: January 01, 2012, 05:40:35 pm »

How is that an excuse? Seems pretty accurate to me. Orton was 1-4 as the starter. The worst Tebow can finish is 7-4. That's .636. Over the span of the season, it's 10-11 wins, which easily wins that division.
Thank you for proving my point.

If the Broncos fail to make the playoffs, no one will make Tebow take responsibility for three straight losses to end the season, including a home finale against a 6-9 team.  Instead, they will blame Kyle Orton.

EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #389 on: January 01, 2012, 06:43:47 pm »

They won't fail to make the playoffs though. Whether they win or lose today, Oakland is getting whooped, thus your "point" is moot. At the end of the year, it was Tebow who got them where Orton couldn't- whether they backed in, bribed their way in, or whatever. End of story. -EK
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 35 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray