Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 03:32:09 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Tim Tebow is garbage.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 Print
Author Topic: Tim Tebow is garbage.  (Read 139405 times)
Landshark
« Reply #465 on: January 10, 2012, 08:58:16 am »

Tebow made himself $25 million in advertisements with that one pass in OT.
bsmooth
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #466 on: January 10, 2012, 06:37:25 pm »

He also set the twitter record
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #467 on: January 10, 2012, 07:21:42 pm »

Really? I'm honestly shocked that Flacco played that well against them. Having said that, 316>224, 3TDs=3TDs, 50>0. I don't see how Flacco (with more offensive plays, even without the OT) passing for less yards, rushing for less yards, and totaling the same number of TDs is "better." -EK
What were Tebow's stats through 4 quarters, again?

You're punishing Flacco because he played well enough to win the game without going to OT.  Give him a 5th quarter and I'm sure he could have padded his statistics more.

EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #468 on: January 10, 2012, 07:37:12 pm »

Who's punishing anybody? Tebow had more passing and rushing yards and equal TDs; he also had a better QB rating. In what world does that make Flacco the better QB between these two games? CF is right- you guys are ridiculous. Tebow could win the Superbowl and you'd still find something to bitch about. All year long all I heard was how he couldn't throw, and he torched the Steelers, but you're still bitching. Enough already. -EK
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #469 on: January 10, 2012, 08:04:27 pm »

Who's punishing anybody? Tebow had more passing and rushing yards and equal TDs; he also had a better QB rating. In what world does that make Flacco the better QB between these two games? CF is right- you guys are ridiculous. Tebow could win the Superbowl and you'd still find something to bitch about. All year long all I heard was how he couldn't throw, and he torched the Steelers, but you're still bitching. Enough already. -EK

Funny how you went into hiding the previous 3 weeks when Tebow was beyond horrible vs bad defenses and were nowhere to be found on this topic. Then all of a sudden you show up pumping your chest after Tebow plays one decent game. My god. You are analyzing these numbers like it was the greatest game ever played by a QB. It's like nobody has ever thrown for 300 yards before.
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #470 on: January 10, 2012, 08:46:46 pm »

3 weeks? Really? Damn, not only are you too stubborn to know when to shut up, you're apparently so bad at math, you don't know the difference between 3 weeks and 4 days. BTW, how'd that whole Brady Quinn thing work out? Oh, right... -EK
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 08:49:00 pm by EKnight » Logged
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #471 on: January 10, 2012, 09:15:54 pm »

Who's punishing anybody? Tebow had more passing and rushing yards and equal TDs; he also had a better QB rating.
Not through four quarters, he didn't.  Flacco didn't get another quarter to increase his stats, because his team won in regulation.

masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #472 on: January 10, 2012, 09:50:17 pm »

Tebow made himself $25 million in advertisements with that one pass in OT.

Plus his contract calls for a $250K bonus for every playoff win, so he's earned that bit of extra.  Wonder if he'll drop it in the collection plate this Sunday??
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #473 on: January 11, 2012, 09:59:34 am »

Personal attacks between MikeO and EK removed.  Knock it off guys. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #474 on: January 11, 2012, 10:10:45 am »

Not through four quarters, he didn't.  Flacco didn't get another quarter to increase his stats, because his team won in regulation.
Um... Yes he did. The only stat he had less than Flacco before OT was the one TD. He still had more passing yards (236), more rushing yards (50) and a higher QB rating before the overtime. Those are the numbers. They are what they are; I didn't create them. You're mistaken. -EK
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #475 on: January 11, 2012, 04:50:04 pm »

Um... Yes he did. The only stat he had less than Flacco before OT was the one TD. He still had more passing yards (236), more rushing yards (50) and a higher QB rating before the overtime.
You claimed that Tebow had more passing yards, more rushing yards, equal TDs, and a better passer rating at the end of regulation.  This claim is false.  Full stop.

Tebow had more passing yards and rushing yards, true.  He had less TDs (1 rush, 1 pass vs. 3 pass) and a worse passer rating (105.4 vs. 117.6).  These are all concrete facts.

EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #476 on: January 11, 2012, 05:09:19 pm »

And you claimed Flacco had a BETTER game than Tebow. He didn't. I had different numbers for QB rating. Flacco total QBR was 85.2. Tebow finished at 97.3, so unless that ONE PASS was worth nearly 13 QBR points, then you're incorrect there. Even having said that, more passing yards and more rushing yards means in exactly half of those categories Tebow was better than Flacco. He also FINISHED with better stats than Flacco. So how does that make Flacco more successful against the Steelers. I didn't ask for an example of a guy who was equal, I asked for one better. At the end of the day, IMO the OT is a weak argument because it was ONE play. You keep discounting it, but I'm failry certain if Tebow would have fumbled the ball at the 20 allowing the Steelers to win, you'd be sure to include it in your assessment of his performance. But even if you discount it, Flacco's numbers are not better. At best, he had a slightly better rating (which Tebow surpassed) and one more TD (which Tebow equaled). That's NOT better; at most it's even. Full stop. -EK
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 05:40:07 pm by EKnight » Logged
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #477 on: January 11, 2012, 05:42:16 pm »

And you claimed Flacco had a BETTER game than Tebow. He didn't.
I have supported that claim.  Flacco had more TDs, a better passer rating, and (using the favorite metric of Tebow supporters) his team won in regulation, without being subjected to the tender mercies of an overtime coin flip.

I had different numbers for QB rating. Flacco total QBR was 85.2. Tebow finished at 97.3, so unless that ONE PASS was worth nearly 15 QBR points, then you're incorrect there.
Reading is fundamental.  I have cited passer rating (a stat which we can calculate ourselves), not ESPN's QBR (which has a secret, proprietary formula, making it impossible to calculate Tebow's rating through the end of regulation).

You have no clue whatsoever what Tebow's QBR was at the end of regulation.  Your claim that it was "better than Flacco's" is pure speculation and wishful thinking.

Even having said that, more passing yards and more rushing yards means in exactly half of those categories Tebow was better than Flacco.
Flacco was better in passer rating and better in TDs (they both had 0 turnovers).  His team won comfortably in regulation (an important metric for the pro-Tebow crowd).  That sounds like a better game to me.

He also FINISHED with better stats than Flacco.
After an extra quarter, sure.

But even if you discount it, Flacco's numbers are not better. At best, he had a slightly better rating (which Tebow surpassed) and one more TD (which Tebow equaled).
So winning by a wide margin in regulation is no longer a factor?

EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #478 on: January 11, 2012, 05:47:12 pm »

That's fine Spider. You're right. The entire rest of the sporting world is wrong in their assessment of his performance. All of them. Every one. -EK
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #479 on: January 11, 2012, 07:39:55 pm »

Your apparent belief that "the entire rest of the sporting world" is unanimous (all of them!  every one!) in their evaluation of Tebow says more than I could hope to about your mindset.

There are some people, like yourself, that praise him after a good game and apologize (or disappear) after bad games.  There are others who are non-believers.  Surely you don't need me to cite them to prove that they exist?

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray