Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 07:02:51 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Tim Tebow is garbage.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 Print
Author Topic: Tim Tebow is garbage.  (Read 138864 times)
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #495 on: January 16, 2012, 12:40:46 pm »

I think it was Dan Patrick I heard this morning say that Belichek didn't take Denver for granted, they game planned them to death.  And as EK implied it was probably NE's best defensive showing all year long.

To me its not even that; Tebow's last 4 games heading into New England, he was beyond god awful in 3 of them. And in the other game (Pitt) he had a lucky quarter and 1 decent simple pass in overtime where the WR did 90% of the work. The odds of Tebow being god awful again last Saturday vs the Pats were very high.

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #496 on: January 16, 2012, 01:22:49 pm »

Yeah but I am looking at QB's they faced to judge their pass defense.
So which QBs did CLE (#2 pass defense), HOU (#3), BAL (#4), or NYJ (#5) face?

When you get right down to it, how many teams played against a bunch of elite QBs in one year?  The Redskins?

MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #497 on: January 16, 2012, 04:43:30 pm »

So which QBs did CLE (#2 pass defense), HOU (#3), BAL (#4), or NYJ (#5) face?

When you get right down to it, how many teams played against a bunch of elite QBs in one year?  The Redskins?

Oh I am sure the other teams near the top of pass defense rankings are in a similar situation as Pitt. And I'm not saying many teams play a murderers row of elite QB's. But I am just pointing out Pitt played a lot of crap QB's this  yearand caught huge breaks by not having to face Bradford, Cassle, Peyton...etc and got some even worse back-ups to go against. Pitt really just faced Brady.
Landshark
« Reply #498 on: January 16, 2012, 05:09:28 pm »

Oh I am sure the other teams near the top of pass defense rankings are in a similar situation as Pitt. And I'm not saying many teams play a murderers row of elite QB's. But I am just pointing out Pitt played a lot of crap QB's this  yearand caught huge breaks by not having to face Bradford, Cassle, Peyton...etc and got some even worse back-ups to go against. Pitt really just faced Brady.

And when they did, they flat out stepped up and punched him in the mouth.  Plus, Tebow is not an elite quarterback.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #499 on: January 16, 2012, 05:15:16 pm »

Plus, Tebow is not an elite quarterback.

Couldn't agree more!
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #500 on: January 16, 2012, 05:24:21 pm »

And when they did, they flat out stepped up and punched him in the mouth. 

Sorry, just giving equal billing since half the quote was left off. Carry on. -EK
Landshark
« Reply #501 on: January 16, 2012, 11:05:46 pm »

Sorry, just giving equal billing since half the quote was left off. Carry on. -EK

Excuse me.  I gotta go take a shit.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #502 on: January 16, 2012, 11:11:35 pm »

Well, without looking at the stats at all, I would guess that the average passer rating of the QBs PIT faced (excluding the games in which they played PIT, of course) would be significantly above the league average.

MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #503 on: January 21, 2012, 11:44:48 am »

http://www.randomfail.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/tebow.jpg

Look at what this guy did.
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #504 on: January 21, 2012, 01:02:09 pm »

That's nuts. Regarding Tebow- apparently he played the second half of the Pats game with torn cartilage in his sternum and a bruised lung. I'm not saying that's any kind of indicator for his play, just that it's pretty damn tough. -EK
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #505 on: January 21, 2012, 02:59:25 pm »

That's nuts. Regarding Tebow- apparently he played the second half of the Pats game with torn cartilage in his sternum and a bruised lung. I'm not saying that's any kind of indicator for his play, just that it's pretty damn tough. -EK

excuses!

Either you are healthy enough to play or you aren't. The excuses are tough to take. He played the same crap game in the 2nd half vs NE and put up the same crap numbers in that half,just like he did 90% the time he played this year. Just excuses!
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #506 on: January 21, 2012, 03:12:55 pm »

MikeO you are missing the point. 

It isn't an excuse for why Denver lost.  The game was well in hand for NE by the time Tebow got injured. 

But the injury would have sidelined most players, put he kept playing even at that point the game was unsalvagable.  That takes guts. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #507 on: January 21, 2012, 03:25:28 pm »

MikeO you are missing the point. 

It isn't an excuse for why Denver lost.  The game was well in hand for NE by the time Tebow got injured. 

But the injury would have sidelined most players, put he kept playing even at that point the game was unsalvagable.  That takes guts. 

Lots of players play hurt and play through injuries, that's the point. Tony Romo with a collapsed lung and fractured ribs played half a game and won (yes WON) the SF game this year. My point is people and the media want to give Tebow "extra credit" for playing hurt. Tons of guys play through injuries they don't go around making it public and trying to pass it off as an excuse. Lots of players in this league have guts and play through much worse injuries than Tebow had last week. They don't get national media attention giving them "extra credit" for gutting it out and playing through it. That's the point. The Tebow-Mania SPIN machine was in full force on this.

You are a Pats fan, remember 2007 when Phillip Rivers with a torn ACL played the entire AFC Championship game limping around. He didn't have the media machine to pump out the "excuses" for him. He didn't get extra credit for it like Tebow is getting. It's silly. God forbid anyone say Tebow was bad or had a bad game, now its he was injured and isn't he so special he played through injuries. Damn near the whole league is playing through injuries and some have had far more impressive performances with worse injuries. Sorry if I don't stand an applaud Tebow for playing a little banged up.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #508 on: January 21, 2012, 10:29:50 pm »

Hey, wasn't the media just bashing Roethlisberger for playing injured at the end of the season, when PIT has healthy QBs behind him?

Somehow, I doubt the same angle will be taken with St. Timothy...

MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #509 on: January 21, 2012, 10:42:01 pm »

Hey, wasn't the media just bashing Roethlisberger for playing injured at the end of the season, when PIT has healthy QBs behind him?

Somehow, I doubt the same angle will be taken with St. Timothy...

EXACTLY!
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray