Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:31:32 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  (Renamed) Official new logo and uniforms
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 28 Print
Poll
Question: Now that the logo and uniforms are official:
I love them.  Vast improvement.   -3 (9.4%)
They are just as good as before.   -3 (9.4%)
I disliked them at first, but I'm coming around.   -9 (28.1%)
They suck and I hate them.   -17 (53.1%)
Total Voters: 28

Author Topic: (Renamed) Official new logo and uniforms  (Read 142239 times)
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #135 on: April 14, 2013, 10:29:47 am »

No its a slight change. Is it still a Dolphin jumping through a sunburst...
No, now it's a Dolphin posing for a picture....at seaworld. Didn't you see the pictures that Spider posted? Smiley

I just love how you and Spider are trying so hard to justify the new logo while at the same time claiming that no one should care. Spider started the thread with "Discuss" and now that we are he doesn't like what we are saying. LMAO.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 10:36:39 am by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #136 on: April 14, 2013, 11:21:55 am »

^^^Not justifying the new logo. Everyone can like it or not like it. It wouldn't have been my first choice but whatever. It's a matter of personal taste. But some things AREN'T debatable...like it is a slight change to the old logo They made a slight change, that's not debatable.

Whether it's like a seaworld logo or not, honestly I don't see a big deal! Sorry. And I think a bunch of grown/straight men complaining about color schemes and logo's is kinda weird. But whatever!
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #137 on: April 14, 2013, 11:58:06 am »

I think the logo is bigger than a slight change.  I think the Seahawks is a slight change.  The 49ers is a slight change.  I think that this is a similar concept, but they changed the colors, some of the elements, the pose, the aspect ratios.  I even dispute that it's "jumping".  It's a swimming dolphins in front of a sun burst.  I don't think the two logos look alike at all.  Granted, it's not as much of a departure like the Patriots or Bucs, but it's still considerable.

I drink your milkshake!
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #138 on: April 14, 2013, 12:06:54 pm »

You know what?  I give a shit about this.  I care....a lot.  I hate this logo more and more every day.  It's to the point where I'm angry when I look at it.  Football really makes no sense.  We're taking pride in the physical accomplishments of others.  It's really like a gang mentality.  You get behind it so that you can rep your clothes, be proud of your affiliation, and bond with your brethren.  And things like this logo change make me not want to do that.  I'm embarrassed that I would be asked to wear that on clothing.  It makes me ashamed of the team.

I got a piece of mail from the team yesterday and it had the new logo on it.  I gritted my teeth. 

I hate it so, so much.  I just don't see myself getting over it.  I really hate it that bad. 

I drink your milkshake!
stinkyfish

« Reply #139 on: April 14, 2013, 12:27:42 pm »

You know what?  I give a shit about this.  I care....a lot.  I hate this logo more and more every day.  It's to the point where I'm angry when I look at it.  Football really makes no sense.  We're taking pride in the physical accomplishments of others.  It's really like a gang mentality.  You get behind it so that you can rep your clothes, be proud of your affiliation, and bond with your brethren.  And things like this logo change make me not want to do that.  I'm embarrassed that I would be asked to wear that on clothing.  It makes me ashamed of the team.

I got a piece of mail from the team yesterday and it had the new logo on it.  I gritted my teeth. 

I hate it so, so much.  I just don't see myself getting over it.  I really hate it that bad. 

I kind of feel the same way. Everyday that goes by and as the season gets closer, the more I hate this new logo. I kind of see this as a turning point for the team and they will not ever be the same from this point forward. Even if they win the Superbowl for the next 3 years straight it just won't be the same for me for some reason. For those of you that like the new logo, good for you, I'm happy for you. However, judging by the majority of posts on different forums and social media, the majority of people hate the new logo also.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #140 on: April 14, 2013, 12:39:41 pm »

I'll get over the logo, but that's not the point. The point is that I'm not happy with the change because I think it's a step backwards rather than a step forward. They could have left the Dolphins logo just as it was as it really didn't NEED to be changed. This is REAL simple. This was Ross taking over the team and deciding that a change to the logo needed to be made and he's the owner so that's his right, but he got the logo wrong. I'm sorry, he just did. It won't change how I feel about the Dolphins. It probably won't even change whether or not I buy their gear, it's not like I was really much of a gear person in the first place, but I don't like the logo. It's not like we don't discuss every other damn thing that's Dolphins related, why not the logo.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 12:43:44 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #141 on: April 14, 2013, 01:45:45 pm »

Even if they win the Superbowl for the next 3 years straight it just won't be the same for me for some reason.

This is funny. Even if the Fins won 3 Super Bowls in a row you wouldn't be happy because of the changes made to the logo! lol lol

WOW!
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #142 on: April 14, 2013, 05:04:12 pm »

I just love how you and Spider are trying so hard to justify the new logo while at the same time claiming that no one should care.
I'm not saying no one should care.  I think it's incredibly hypocritical for CF to accuse me of posting "crap that doesn't matter" on page NINE of a thread he has made double-digit posts to.

To many people, this seems to matter a great deal.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #143 on: April 14, 2013, 07:26:14 pm »

I just think the pics you posted are a reach and you know it. I think that's the issue that seems to run people the wrong way. You will argue something that really doesn't matter to the conversation. Can you find pictures of the opposite? Yes you did but are they really common images in the average persons mind? Probably not. I say probably because now you will counter that I have no scientific poll to prove my theory and that my experience isn't relevant to the topic or the mere fact you found the pictures is enough to prove I am wrong. I'll surrender the point. It looks just like a dolphin and in no way resembles a whale to me.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
stinkyfish

« Reply #144 on: April 14, 2013, 09:29:05 pm »

This is funny. Even if the Fins won 3 Super Bowls in a row you wouldn't be happy because of the changes made to the logo! lol lol

WOW!

No, you're twisting my words. I never said that I wouldn't be happy. I said that it wouldn't be the same for me. Pretty soon this team will be unrecognizable and only the dolphins in name. This is just Ross trying to do everything to make a winner except actually win something. Seems I remember orange carpets, clubs, and washed up celebrity owners. Now add a crappy logo to that list. Point blank, the logo sucks.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #145 on: April 14, 2013, 10:30:54 pm »

I hear the Browns are changing their logo, it's now gonna be a "mocha" color to go along with their new Starbucks sponsorship.  Cleveland fans are up in arms!
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #146 on: April 15, 2013, 12:11:46 am »

The Browns are changing their logo from orange to brown?

SIR, I SAY THEE NAY.

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #147 on: April 15, 2013, 12:39:49 am »

I'm a little surprised of the outrage about the new logo.  I didn't like it at first because I thought there were better options.  I don't like it now, but I don't hate it either.  It's a little generic, but also a little more modernized.  At least it's an actual dolphin now and not some cartoon that looks like its going to drop an anvil on your head.
DZA
Uber Member

3rd Infantry Division Veteran

« Reply #148 on: April 15, 2013, 02:36:32 am »

I may sound a little petty here and it may not solve anything,  but hey dont support the LOGO by not buying anything with the aweful design on it.

I say protest, Miami Dolphin fans are the most passionate in the league and many of us are not afraid to publicly voice opinions.

How do we contact Mr. Ross or Mike Dee ?  Not like it matters, but maybe if enough disgrutle mail go to them they may listen.

Thundergod
Uber Member

« Reply #149 on: April 15, 2013, 03:09:25 am »

^^^Not justifying the new logo. Everyone can like it or not like it. It wouldn't have been my first choice but whatever. It's a matter of personal taste. But some things AREN'T debatable...like it is a slight change to the old logo They made a slight change, that's not debatable.

Whether it's like a seaworld logo or not, honestly I don't see a big deal! Sorry. And I think a bunch of grown/straight men complaining about color schemes and logo's is kinda weird. But whatever!

Well well, look at the almighty himself declaring what's not debatable. Who died and made you lord of all that's right and wrong? Like Dave said, the Seahawks, and 49ers were a slight change. The Lions, Cardinals, Falcons and, hell, the Dolphins back in '97 were all slight changes. This wasn't. But hey, it's your world. You see at as slight, whatever.

And nice little knock there at the end. You may not give two rats asses about the logo change, cool, that's your thing. Put a Dolphin in a tutu and change the color scheme to pink, you don't care as long as the team wins, I get it. But there are some, (if you read Dave's post) that do care. Some more than others. Not to mention that it's being discussed in a thread that, wait a minute, is ABOUT the change. Yeah, we're grown/STRAIGHT men talking about this shit.

Sometimes I wonder about the time and effort SOME lonely? MEN here put into following every damn thing the Miami Dolphins do 24-7 and how weird IT is, but hey that's their thing, and this is a Dolphins message board. I keep it to myself, read what I want, and don't want.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 28 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray