Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 08:04:41 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  (Renamed) Official new logo and uniforms
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 28 Print
Poll
Question: Now that the logo and uniforms are official:
I love them.  Vast improvement.   -3 (9.4%)
They are just as good as before.   -3 (9.4%)
I disliked them at first, but I'm coming around.   -9 (28.1%)
They suck and I hate them.   -17 (53.1%)
Total Voters: 28

Author Topic: (Renamed) Official new logo and uniforms  (Read 143315 times)
bsfins
« Reply #165 on: April 15, 2013, 03:12:09 pm »

^^ The tail looks wierd on that one.  Not sure why

White outline disappears on the plain white background..maybe? I just opened illustrator,turned off all the other logos ,resized it,and saved it...

Sorry when I resized it, it changed the background,and the triangles around the sun ( Fixed now)

Dumb question,but Did anyone here vote in the 99designs contest?
How about the one in the Miami Herald?

I didn't even know about it till it was over...I heard about the Herald contest through a retweet....
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 03:24:16 pm by Lil B » Logged
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #166 on: April 15, 2013, 03:31:51 pm »

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, because that logo screams second-tier soccer league to me.
Ouch. The MLS is second tier? In ability yes, but have you seen the logo's of the premier league? Yuck! I'll take any of those you just showed over these:

http://www.thelogomix.com/blog/football-logos-premier-league-10072830.html
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 03:40:17 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #167 on: April 15, 2013, 03:40:04 pm »

When I said "second-tier soccer league," I meant their product.

Although to be fair, "second-tier" is probably a bit too generous.

Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #168 on: April 15, 2013, 03:42:36 pm »

I didn't know there even was a contest until you posted about it here.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #169 on: April 15, 2013, 03:44:23 pm »

When I said "second-tier soccer league," I meant their product.
I knew you did, but there's nothing second-tier about their logo's so I don't know why it would be bad for Miami to have a similar style of logo. Obviously a lot of Americans like the style and judging by the voting, a lot of Dolphins fans as well.

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #170 on: April 15, 2013, 03:59:58 pm »

Oh, there's nothing wrong with their logos, per se.  But their logos (particularly, the extremely common and similar shield element) are identified with... a second-tier soccer league.

That's my point.  That would be a great logo for the Miami Aqua FC or Club Deportivo Miami.  But for the NFL's Miami Dolphins?  It's out of place.

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #171 on: April 15, 2013, 04:14:12 pm »

That would be a great logo for the Miami Aqua FC or Club Deportivo Miami.  But for the NFL's Miami Dolphins?  It's out of place.
Now that you mention it, there is a rather large contingent of americans in Florida that might be more familiar with futbol then football. Smiley Perhaps that explains the voting?

Thundergod
Uber Member

« Reply #172 on: April 15, 2013, 04:50:38 pm »

Wow, just saw Spider's link with all the logo contestants. I agree with Spider, that MLS style monstrosity that won is bad. And the others... holy jeez. Redpin's design is by far the best redesign I've ever seen.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 04:58:42 pm by Thundergod » Logged
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #173 on: April 15, 2013, 06:01:56 pm »

Yeah, there was only one good logo alteration that I've liked, the Redpin one.   (And the new one B Fein posted is OK, but looks a little scrawny).  The winner of the fan contest is too amateurish.

I drink your milkshake!
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #174 on: April 15, 2013, 06:34:30 pm »

So given that everyone likes the Redpin logo, thinks it's awesome, etc., if we take it as a given that Redpin's logo won't be used (because, among other reasons, it lost), which of the remaining logos would have been a better choice than the 2013 logo?

That's kind of my point.  I'm sure more people would have been happier with the Redpin logo, and it's a nice logo.  But the 2013 logo is not too bad as a silver medal, and we certainly dodged MANY bullets with what could have been.

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #175 on: April 15, 2013, 09:47:40 pm »

^ What's your point?  That other logos could suck more?  Yes.  This is true.

I just see this logo we have now as a downgrade to what we already had.  That, in itself, blows ass.  I get little solace in knowing that a fan contest only created 1 better result.

I drink your milkshake!
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #176 on: April 16, 2013, 12:17:40 am »

Well, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on that, too, as I've said from the beginning that I don't see this logo as a downgrade from the previous one.

hordman
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #177 on: April 16, 2013, 07:15:20 am »

I didn't know there even was a contest until you posted about it here.

Same here, I didn't even know about the contest until it was over.  I told my boy, it is what it is, I will root for the team regardless of the logo, but it would have been nice to have a logo that was exciting & instilled pride/character.  This logo isn't completely awful, but it's not the direction I thought the organization would take.

Oh well.  I do hope that the uniform & helmets pull this all together. 

I came across this logo/design doing a google design and liked the use the "D" as  both representing the dolphin and incorporating the first letter of the mascot.   Still would prefer to have the whole dolphin represented in the logo, but thought this was a decent design, though they used the UM Canes font, I believe.

I'd rather be lucky than good.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #178 on: April 16, 2013, 08:34:11 am »

I'm confused about the contest. This was a private contest wasn't it? I mean most DolFans didn't know about it and who selected the winner? Was it the company or did it get voted on. I can't seem to find the answer.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #179 on: April 16, 2013, 11:28:10 am »

I'm nearly positive the contest was not sponsored by the team.  It looks like 99designs is a website that does community redesigns; here is their contest for the New Orleans Pelicans redesign.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 28 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray