Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:43:08 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  (Renamed) Official new logo and uniforms
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 Print
Poll
Question: Now that the logo and uniforms are official:
I love them.  Vast improvement.   -3 (9.4%)
They are just as good as before.   -3 (9.4%)
I disliked them at first, but I'm coming around.   -9 (28.1%)
They suck and I hate them.   -17 (53.1%)
Total Voters: 28

Author Topic: (Renamed) Official new logo and uniforms  (Read 142186 times)
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #390 on: May 09, 2013, 02:21:25 pm »

I guess if "accredited media outlet taking pictures with professional equipment" is interchangeable with "schmoe with camera phone," sure.

bsmooth
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #391 on: May 09, 2013, 04:20:03 pm »

If that is baby blue, the US Army infantry guys are going to be pissed.
phinphan
Uber Member

dcphinsphan dcphinsphan
Email
« Reply #392 on: May 10, 2013, 02:27:31 am »

COME ON MAN ! I have not been this excited about the dolphin prospects since Dan Marino was running the offense. If we do well it wont matter what we are wearing and new uniforms and logo's will sell off the shelves. It is what it is deal with it........
phinphan
Uber Member

dcphinsphan dcphinsphan
Email
« Reply #393 on: May 10, 2013, 02:32:02 am »

PS If I am wrong I will come back and apologize because obviously it was the uniforms and logo that ended our run.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #394 on: May 10, 2013, 08:36:43 am »

If that is baby blue, the US Army infantry guys are going to be pissed.
Not even close to the same color as far as I can tell although I'm sure someone will disagree.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #395 on: May 10, 2013, 11:07:07 am »

It is what it is deal with it........

Why do people keep saying this?  No, it's not "what it is".  These logos can change back if they aren't supported.  There is precedence for this decision.

I drink your milkshake!
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #396 on: May 10, 2013, 11:27:23 am »

Not even close to the same color as far as I can tell although I'm sure someone will disagree.

I agree.  One of those is clearly blue while the other one is not even remotely close to baby blue.

I think someone on this thread has been saying otherwise, though...

Diehard_Dolfan

Dolphins,Canes,Heat

jmd161@hotmail.com jmd161
Email
« Reply #397 on: August 09, 2013, 09:25:26 pm »

I like the white uni's but they're very bland and remind me of Penn State.  While they are bland they sure look better than the Jags uni's!  That two toned helmet with black dull stealth paint and glossy gold is awful!  The gold stripe around the collar and the overall mix of colors are just bad!
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #398 on: August 09, 2013, 09:39:25 pm »

I like the white uni's but they're very bland and remind me of Penn State.  While they are bland they sure look better than the Jags uni's!  That two toned helmet with black dull stealth paint and glossy gold is awful!  The gold stripe around the collar and the overall mix of colors are just bad!

Jax has the worst uniforms I have ever seen. They look like total USFL garbage from the 80's. Have a minor league look to them

The Fins in ALL WHITE look nice. Classic look. Nothing flashy which is nice. Nothing crazy. A simple look that works really really well. The Penn St comparison is a good one with the look. Sometimes "less is more" which is what Miami has and I like the all white look
DZA
Uber Member

3rd Infantry Division Veteran

« Reply #399 on: August 09, 2013, 11:30:29 pm »

I was at tonight's game. The white/white combo looks good.

Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #400 on: August 10, 2013, 04:19:15 pm »

At least on tv...

The white of the helmet is more "yellow" than the white of the jersey.  It looks awful.  Also, the aqua numbers don't match the helmet stripe or aqua in the logo.  I wish they could get this color matching stuff in line.  It would look more polished.  I'm sure its because the helmet is high gloss metal flake or something, as opposed to the matte jersey fabric.  It just looks bad.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #401 on: August 11, 2013, 01:08:32 am »

The white of the helmet is more "yellow" than the white of the jersey.  It looks awful.  Also, the aqua numbers don't match the helmet stripe or aqua in the logo.  I wish they could get this color matching stuff in line.  It would look more polished.  I'm sure its because the helmet is high gloss metal flake or something, as opposed to the matte jersey fabric.  It just looks bad.

Silver on helmet does not match silver on pants, blue on helmet does not match blue on jersey.  So amateurish!

Meanwhile:

Doesn't look like cloth matches fiberglass there either, but I guess I must be wrong.

Also:  Let us have a moment of silence for the clown collars.  They have been hunted to near extinction, with only NO, STL, and CIN keeping them in 2013.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 01:21:56 am by Spider-Dan » Logged

Diehard_Dolfan

Dolphins,Canes,Heat

jmd161@hotmail.com jmd161
Email
« Reply #402 on: August 11, 2013, 08:51:13 pm »

Also:  Let us have a moment of silence for the clown collars.  They have been hunted to near extinction, with only NO, STL, and CIN keeping them in 2013.

Jags still have the collar also....
kidDyn0mite

« Reply #403 on: August 12, 2013, 12:43:10 pm »

Cry Cry Cry

those uniform are awful...

the 49'ers were forced to change back to the old ones a while ago... if i were in Miami i would be protesting.

it's even worse on TV..sad to see

everyone's laughing at them too... Embarrassed
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #404 on: August 12, 2013, 04:11:30 pm »

Cry Cry Cry

those uniform are awful...

the 49'ers were forced to change back to the old ones a while ago... if i were in Miami i would be protesting.

it's even worse on TV..sad to see

everyone's laughing at them too... Embarrassed
You are right. Not a good sign when everyone has to defend wearing it. 

You'll get the "let them laugh after we win the super bowl" crowd  but in reality I think most people realize it was a mistake. I wonder how much it had to do with Mike Dee leaving seeing as it was his choice?  Look for the Dolphins to do some retro games and then just make the change after a year a few years. They will squeeze what they can out of it first.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray