Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 12:59:16 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Comey used a private e-mail account to conduct official FBI business
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Print
Author Topic: Comey used a private e-mail account to conduct official FBI business  (Read 14355 times)
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2018, 10:12:39 pm »

If by sucking up to China you mean he just approved tariffs on $50 billion worth of Chinese imports ... then yes ... he is sucking up.
I'm guessing that Sunstroke was probably referring to something more like this:

Gotta save those jobs in China!

There are hours of video of Obama, Hillary and all the other digbats saying Trump can 't do this, no one can do that etc. and then showing clips of him achieving it.
As long as "it" is "winning the 2016 election" - the same thing Trump still brags about nearly two years later - then sure.  Did you hear about his amazing electoral college victory?  I'm sure he'll bring it up again at his next campaign rally, which is a thing that he never stopped doing even after the election was long over.  But hey, as long as it keeps people distracted from the wall that still isn't being built and the jobs that are still flowing out of the country!  (see: tweet above)

But to get back on topic: the OIG report clearly says that Comey interfered with the election and breached his duty as FBI director with his insubordination to Loretta Lynch and Barack Obama (NOT Trump).  It also clearly says that there was no cause to charge Hillary with any crime, and that there was no political bias in the investigation against Trump.  Yet Trump is still trying to claim that he fired Comey because of how unfairly Comey treated Hillary, and not because of the reason he clearly stated on national television: because Comey refused to end the Russia investigation.

The facts simply don't matter.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2018, 09:32:30 am »

So a tweet supporting China outweighs the fact he actually placed high tariffs on them? That's akin to saying the girlfriend who said some dude was hot is worse than the girlfriend who was actually cheating on you. Sorry ... I just can't wrap my head around that. Actions speak much louder than words .... especially when it comes to Trump as half the stuff he says is just to blow liberals minds.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2018, 09:34:41 am »

...especially when it comes to Trump as half the stuff he says is just to blow liberals minds.

Wouldn't you rather just have a President who told the truth?

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2018, 09:43:53 am »

Wouldn't you rather just have a President who told the truth?
Which president would that be? Most Presidents have had serious moral issues. I don't care that Trump talks crap. I wish he'd stop but I'm more interested in the things he actually does and so far he has been doing the things he promised.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2018, 09:45:46 am »

At this point ... with the way people of the media and celebrity status bully people I don't think anyone without Trump's abrasive behavior would stand a chance. Being as screwed up as he is actually works in his favor.

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2018, 10:36:35 am »

Which president would that be? Most Presidents have had serious moral issues. I don't care that Trump talks crap. I wish he'd stop but I'm more interested in the things he actually does and so far he has been doing the things he promised.

There has never been a President who holds the truth in such complete disregard as Trump. If he wasn't President, you would want nothing to do with someone who lies as much as Trump.

At this point ... with the way people of the media and celebrity status bully people I don't think anyone without Trump's abrasive behavior would stand a chance. Being as screwed up as he is actually works in his favor.

Admitting that he's screwed up is a decent start (also: obvious, late), but realizing that the only reason that every media source rips on Trump except his mouthpiece, Fox, is because he's a lying corrupt misogynistic, delusional piece of shit would lead me to believe there's hope for you after all.

(edited for blatant typo)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 10:41:59 am by Sunstroke » Logged

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2018, 11:36:26 am »

The last truly moral president was Carter, however there is a huge difference between Trump and all other.  A broken campaign promise that was made in good faith, but was broken because of a compromise, change or mistake is not a lie.  E.g. Bush I "no new taxes" or Obama "you will be able to keep your doctor".  And those are most of what people point to when they say all politicians are dishonest.  Most of them for the most part make factual correct statements. 

Bush did plenty and said plenty of things that annoyed me.  And Obama did things that conservatives didn't like.  But both did so to advance an idea that they viewed as a positive, neither was just trying to annoy or piss off the other side. That is uniquely Trump.

All presidents have had an adversarial relationship with the media, but none has attacked them or blocked them from doing their job.

Trump aspires to be treated as NK treat Kim. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2018, 01:19:40 pm »

Trump aspires to be treated as NK treat Kim. 
I disagree. I think he is a narcissist who also knows how to play by street rules. I don't think he even believes half the stuff he says. he is just looking to get a reaction the same way a kid says "my dad can beat up your dad". At the end of the day he has proven he isn't stupid.  Just an arse. 

Cathal
Uber Member

« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2018, 01:25:26 pm »

I disagree. I think he is a narcissist who also knows how to play by street rules. I don't think he even believes half the stuff he says. he is just looking to get a reaction the same way a kid says "my dad can beat up your dad". At the end of the day he has proven he isn't stupid.  Just an arse. 

I don't know... Looking up at an eclipse sounds pretty dumb.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2018, 02:33:15 pm »

You are defending that? 

He is playing by the rules of a street thug instead of the rules of a leader of a democracy. 

Every day this country moves further and further away from being a democracy.  "The press is the greatest enemy of the country."  Parents told their children are being taken away temporarily to take a shower and then the parents never see their children again. (sound familiar) Scapegoating of minorities.  Crushing of dissents.  Propaganda films.  Legitimatizing of hate groups.  ("There are good people on both sides" when talking about neo-Nazis)  He has floated the idea that we should end term limits for the presidency.  The manifestation of a 10 year old who says "my dad can beat up your dad" as president is tyrant with the nuclear codes.     

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2018, 03:09:20 pm »

You are defending that? 

He is playing by the rules of a street thug instead of the rules of a leader of a democracy. 

Every day this country moves further and further away from being a democracy.  "The press is the greatest enemy of the country."  Parents told their children are being taken away temporarily to take a shower and then the parents never see their children again. (sound familiar) Scapegoating of minorities.  Crushing of dissents.  Propaganda films.  Legitimatizing of hate groups.  ("There are good people on both sides" when talking about neo-Nazis)  He has floated the idea that we should end term limits for the presidency.  The manifestation of a 10 year old who says "my dad can beat up your dad" as president is tyrant with the nuclear codes.     

You left out "alienated all of our long-standing allies" and "blatantly uses his office to enrich himself financially"...but I'll let ya slide this time. Wink

~ Micah Leggat
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2018, 05:09:01 pm »

You are defending that? 

I defend the fact he can stand up against the bullying Left which has lost it's mind IMO. He says a lot of stupid stuff but overall he is getting things done. 

I saw this today on a post from a guy who voted for Bernie Sanders and I think it really fits the times. "I feel like the left just sits in a room spinning a bingo wheel cage with problems that have been around for decades ... they pull out one once a month, blame it on Trump, offer no solutions, then act like they are saving the world because they are suddenly upset"

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2018, 05:16:07 pm »

I'm also not worried about the freedom of the press. I'm more worried that we do not have an impartial press. I read CNN everyday and it's so blatant. "Trump wrongly blames Democrats for policy that separates families" and it wasn't an opinion piece. In a real newspaper it would have said "Trump blames Democrats for policy that separates families'. They should put put facts ... whatever they are and allow the reader to make up their own mind. BTW ... I don't care that FOX does it too as they are just as guilty. I get most of my news form the Daily Mail and MSN.com.  I long for the day when you can read something and not know the political opinion of the author.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2018, 05:38:30 pm »

I'm also not worried about the freedom of the press. I'm more worried that we do not have an impartial press. I read CNN everyday and it's so blatant. "Trump wrongly blames Democrats for policy that separates families" and it wasn't an opinion piece. In a real newspaper it would have said "Trump blames Democrats for policy that separates families'. They should put put facts ... whatever they are and allow the reader to make up their own mind. BTW ... I don't care that FOX does it too as they are just as guilty. I get most of my news form the Daily Mail and MSN.com.  I long for the day when you can read something and not know the political opinion of the author.

Fact is Trump falsely accused the democrats for his own policies.  That is the unbiased reporting.  The news have an obligation to provide the facts and context.  "Trump blames Democrats for policy that separates families" is incomplete when it is a fact that it was his policy not the democrats.  The press has an obligation to provide facts and context and not just the report what the president said, but also if what the president said has an basis in reality. Reporting that the president lies is not biased reporting it is fact based reporting. 

pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2018, 05:59:05 pm »

Fact is Trump falsely accused the democrats for his own policies.  That is the unbiased reporting.  The news have an obligation to provide the facts and context.  "Trump blames Democrats for policy that separates families" is incomplete when it is a fact that it was his policy not the democrats.  The press has an obligation to provide facts and context and not just the report what the president said, but also if what the president said has an basis in reality. Reporting that the president lies is not biased reporting it is fact based reporting. 
When you(anyone) break a law and are arrested you are separated from your children if they have no where else to go. Entering the US is illegal and they are supposed to be criminally prosecuted. The laws should be upheld. If you don't want to be separated from your kids don't kill people, don't make meth, don't rob banks, and don't cross the boarder illegally. All criminals are separated from their kids, this is a non issue.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray