Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 04:21:55 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Rebuilding question/Climate Change
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Rebuilding question/Climate Change  (Read 6450 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: September 08, 2019, 09:23:26 pm »

When does the team plan to be a contender again.

Given all the horrible things going in this world in terms of climate, it's possible the US and football won't exist in 5-10 years.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2019, 09:56:55 am »

The odds of the US and Football not existing due to climate change and politics are about the same as Miami running the table and winning the Superbowl this season.

So, don't worry about it.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2019, 02:41:14 pm »

I think that Miami is making a mistake here.  I don't think it's like the old NFL where you rebuild from the bottom.  The way that free agency works, you alienate your good players and they leave before you can stockpile picks and get a good team around your veterans.  I think it's way easier to build from the middle.

And our culture is screwed up.  We've not had any consistency in leadership, players and fans both don't trust the direction things are going.  We fired our coach to bring in another guy to fail under the worst of circumstances.  The QBs here have no chance.  And   

I still think, in some way, we have the stink of the Incognito debacle all over us.

I drink your milkshake!
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2019, 02:53:13 pm »

I wish we had Incognito right now! hahahaha

We have 6 picks in the first three rounds (and many afterwards) and 130 million dollars to spend. We could have a whole new team in just one year.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
miamid45
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2019, 02:55:44 pm »

Agreed....no leadership whatsoever on this team.? Wake Alonso and Stills would have at least brought some passion and drive to this team and we’d still have all those picks.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2019, 03:00:30 pm »

I wish we had Incognito right now! hahahaha

We have 6 picks in the first three rounds (and many afterwards) and 130 million dollars to spend. We could have a whole new team in just one year.

I wish that were true, but that is so rarely the case.

You need a mix of young talent and veterans looking for a new chance, and old school culture guys to set the tone.

It's hard to ask these current young players to put their bodies on the line to get messed up.  They're going to either be damaged and not progress, or they're going to want out.  Who are your veterans to show these new players the ropes?  Or are we just going to throw more players to the wolves to get abused?

And what Free Agents are going to want to come here after something like this?

Even if you hit on a bunch of these picks (which you probably won't anyway), but you'd have a bunch of guys with no support or experience all coming up on a big payday at the same time and no way to keep them.

I drink your milkshake!
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2019, 04:03:08 pm »

I think that Miami is making a mistake here.  I don't think it's like the old NFL where you rebuild from the bottom.  The way that free agency works, you alienate your good players and they leave before you can stockpile picks and get a good team around your veterans.  I think it's way easier to build from the middle.

And our culture is screwed up.  We've not had any consistency in leadership, players and fans both don't trust the direction things are going.  We fired our coach to bring in another guy to fail under the worst of circumstances.  The QBs here have no chance.  And   

I still think, in some way, we have the stink of the Incognito debacle all over us.

We haven't had a franchise QB since Marino. It's time to spend a #1 pick on one. That's the biggest step of the rebuild that we never do. I see your point about rebuilding from such a low point that it's hard to get back up, but we have attempted to rebuild from the middle since 2004, it just doesn't work for us.  Time for something new.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2019, 04:46:10 pm »

Tannehill was that franchise QB.   It didn't work out, but they picked a guy that was high on the list and stuck with him with the intention of him becoming the guy.

Prior to that, though, I agree. 

I even question if a franchise QB is what wins, long term.  I think a good contract player wins long term.  The best QB situation in the league is KC.  Good player, young, good contract.  If he goes the Brady route and takes less money to stay good, they'll be good for a long, long time.  If he goes the Flaco or Wilson route and gets paid, unless he's an A+++ player, they'll dwindle.

You have to build a strong core to your team so that you can get guys to take less money, so that you can take on butthurt free agents who will play on a short leash and that you have the power to cut if you need to.  We're nowhere near that.

I drink your milkshake!
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2019, 04:50:47 pm »

I like Tannehil and think we screwed up his development with the constant change in OCs plus the O-Line play. That being said, I don't think his ceiling was ever Best QB in the league. I do feel that we need one of those guys and hopefully Tua is it.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2019, 04:50:58 pm »

Every team is potentially a SB winner in 3 to 4 years.  Given roster turnover, FA, injures, draft, trades etc, it doesn’t take much to rebuild a team, much quicker than in baseball.  

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2019, 04:52:38 pm »

How many top QBs in the league today were #1 overall (as opposed to first rounders)?

Even if you exclude Brady, Brees, and Russell Wilson, there are a LOT of good QBs like Big Ben, Rivers, Rodgers, Wentz, Watson, Mahomes that were not picked #1.

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2019, 09:55:10 pm »

Only one person actually spoke about my main point in the thread.

Massachusetts has felt the effects of climate change, though we are still very well sheltered from it so far.

How has it affected Florida?

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2019, 10:06:06 pm »

Your main point in the thread was rather ridiculous, which is why it wasn't addressed.  Not even the most pessimistic environmentalist believes the United States of America will cease to exist before 2030 due to climate change.  (Whether we cease to exist due to other reasons is perhaps another story.)

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2019, 10:34:09 pm »

Your main point in the thread was rather ridiculous, which is why it wasn't addressed.  Not even the most pessimistic environmentalist believes the United States of America will cease to exist before 2030 due to climate change.  (Whether we cease to exist due to other reasons is perhaps another story.)

When do you think it will happen?

You live in CA, right? have you felt the effects yet?

Over here, we have had some droughts, and our winters have been more mild.

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2019, 10:35:19 pm »

Diminishing water supply definitely will affect the NFL

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray