Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 08:11:29 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Ryan Tannehill
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Print
Author Topic: Ryan Tannehill  (Read 18861 times)
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #60 on: December 03, 2019, 12:31:13 pm »

I totally get that from the team's perspective but boy does that screw Tannehill. At his age he only has one contract left and if he was to get franchised three times that will really hurt him.  Well ... as much as a millionaire losing out on a few more millions.

After what just happened with Nick Foles, I doubt any team is going to give him a big money deal for multiple years. The franchise tag for QBs I think is like $25 Million so that's a great payday for one season. Even if he sucks next year, he will always be able to find a job, just like Fitzpatrick.
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #61 on: December 03, 2019, 01:00:33 pm »

If he actually was franchised over the next three years he would make more money than if he signs a three year deal.  The Titans are not the Redskins, they make better fiscal choices.  They won't do this.

Don't be shocked to see Ryan wind up in Denver next season. 

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #62 on: December 03, 2019, 07:00:48 pm »

Yeah, if Tanny can successfully get franchised 3 years in a row, he would receive more guaranteed money than any contract he could possibly sign now, and likely the most guaranteed money of any player in the league.

For example, if Tanny had been franchised this year, he would have made $24.865M.  That would escalate to $29.838M in 2020 and $35.806M in 2021, for $90.5M guaranteed over 3 years.  Even with those older numbers, the only player with more guaranteed money than that is Matt Ryan ($94M in his 2018 contract).

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #63 on: December 04, 2019, 09:15:32 am »

Tanny is a decent QB, but he would need to seriously improve for a team to invest a second tag on him never mind a third.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #64 on: December 04, 2019, 10:45:25 am »

Jets/NFL columnist  Manesh Mehta was on the Joe Rose show this morning and Joe brought up how Gesicki and Parker have flourished since Gase was let go and he quickly pointed out how Tannehill is the breakout star of the former Gasers ... LOL.  The consensus was Gase holds players back because of his ego with Le'Veon Bell being his latest victim.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #65 on: December 09, 2019, 09:34:39 am »

21 for 27; 391 and three touchdowns.

In the last three games Ryan has a passer rating over 130 and a completion % above 75.  Only one QB in history has done it in three straight games; Aaron Rodgers.

I wish Miami could land a QB like that. 

Wink

-Voltaire
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #66 on: December 09, 2019, 09:56:16 am »

Great tackle by Tannehill as well. Looked like a linebacker to me!! hahaha

https://youtu.be/xM0vYHf6RjY

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #67 on: December 09, 2019, 10:00:31 am »

^ Pretty sweet tackle Tannehill made on the interception after the batted pass. Not often you see quarterbacks run down players and make solid form tackles like that.

One thing Tannehill has always needed is a better sense of when to throw the ball away, instead of taking a sack, or throwing into a jumping lineman, or throwing as he's hit. There were *a lot* of turnovers off those sacks and tipped balls during his 6 seasons in Miami.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #68 on: December 09, 2019, 10:10:02 am »

21 for 27; 391 and three touchdowns.

In the last three games Ryan has a passer rating over 130 and a completion % above 75.  Only one QB in history has done it in three straight games; Aaron Rodgers.

I wish Miami could land a QB like that. 

Wink

So what you are saying is that who a quarterback plays with and against is a factor in his success and in his team's success?

Who would have believed that?  Roll Eyes

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #69 on: December 09, 2019, 11:00:44 am »

No.  I'm saying that I've always thought Tannehill was talented and did not have the coaching around him. 

Tennessee's schedule has nothing to do with his success this year.

-Voltaire
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #70 on: December 09, 2019, 11:49:31 am »

Ryan was always a talented QB, very tough and a good teammate.He just worked with horrendous O-Lines and had numerous bad coaches. I don't think he will ever be putting up Drew Brees numbers, but he can absolutely be a Superbowl winning QB if the situation is right. He just can't lead the wrong team to the championship.

And he plays the Texans twice out of the next 3 weeks, meaning he can knock them out of the playoffs, win the division and get us a better draft pick.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #71 on: December 09, 2019, 10:55:14 pm »

I'm rooting for Tannehill and Wake to go far with the Titans this season.

DZA
Uber Member

3rd Infantry Division Veteran

« Reply #72 on: December 11, 2019, 08:58:42 am »

Same here, Rooting for Tanny and Wake. Felt that their careers were handled very poorly

MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #73 on: December 11, 2019, 09:15:33 am »

Agreed.  I've mentioned the Titans on this board a few times.  I think they have a shot in the AFC to make some noise.  Not to get out of it, frankly I don't think ANYONE can beat the Ravens this year.  But I think they can make the title game.

-Voltaire
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #74 on: December 11, 2019, 11:16:40 am »

Unfortunately, Wake is injured and out for the year.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray