Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:53:37 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  This weekend will determine if the Dolphins made a mistake with Tannehill
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: This weekend will determine if the Dolphins made a mistake with Tannehill  (Read 6637 times)
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2020, 08:38:23 am »

That's really not fair to Tannehill. Maybe you could say that the Dolphins mistake with Tannehill was not knowing how to use him. Obviously Tannehill was a victim of poor coaching in Miami and being in the wrong system.

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2020, 09:20:18 am »

That's really not fair to Tannehill. Maybe you could say that the Dolphins mistake with Tannehill was not knowing how to use him. Obviously Tannehill was a victim of poor coaching in Miami and being in the wrong system.
BINGO. They took a vote on the Joe Rose show and over 70% (of like 1500 responses) said they were happy to have Tannehill in the Super Bowl. I really don't get the hate of him from the other almost 30% ... many who completely blame him for all the issues we've had.

Kenny Stills had this to say about Ryan ...

"All the stars are aligning for Ryan right now. It's not just because of Derrick Henry. Ryan's a great player, too. The change of scenery has helped him a bunch," Houston Texans receiver Kenny Stills, who played with Tannehill in Miami from 2015 through 2018, told ESPN. "If you're a football fan and pay attention to the details of the quarterback position, then you appreciated Ryan," Stills said. "If you're a Dolphins fan and don't have respect for him, I don't know what football you were watching.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 10:50:11 am by CF DolFan » Logged

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2020, 10:51:30 am »

He can throw 19 picks on Sunday and it's still obvious that he could succeed under the right environment and that was not what we provided for him here in Miami. He set franchise records for sacks, had little offensive talent surrounding him and we switched up coordinators and coaches all the time while he was here.

I hope he wins the Superbowl and gets paid $35 Million a year in the offseason. He is a great guy and teammate, we screwed this up.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2020, 11:36:20 am »

The blog post on the main page of this forum is calling for Tannehill to be benched, just say’in.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2020, 11:45:30 am »

The blog post on the main page of this forum is calling for Tannehill to be benched, just say’in.
...to protect him from getting hurt. Just say'n. Smiley

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2020, 12:56:53 pm »

Regardless of this weekend Tannehill has proven to be a capable QB, and Gase has proven to be a moron.

I don't know why Gase gets the blame for Tannehill.  IMO it was Philbin that really screwed up Tannehill's development.  Under Gase, I blame Tannehill for not having surgery to correct his injury the first time, I don't think Gase can be blamed for that.

Don't get me wrong I liked Tannehill while he was here, and I like him with the Titans.  But he's still the same 15th best QB in the league, maybe he's moved a little up the list but he's not a top 10 QB.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2020, 01:00:27 pm »

The Dolphins jettisoned Tannehill with the logic they needed a franchise QB to lead them to the promise land. Tennessee is the team everyone said Tanny needed to be successful while KC is led by one of the most prolific QBs in the league. Basically whoever wins this game will prove which theory is correct. Should be fun either way.

I don't believe this is entirely accurate.  His contract was up and Miami would have had to pay him a very large sum of money to keep; when management knew they were not going to be able to compete for the playoffs during this period.  I believe letting Tannehill go was more about creating cap space to build from the bottom up.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2020, 01:20:45 pm »

His contract was not up.  He was traded to TEN.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2020, 01:32:38 pm »

I don't believe this is entirely accurate.  His contract was up and Miami would have had to pay him a very large sum of money to keep; when management knew they were not going to be able to compete for the playoffs during this period.  I believe letting Tannehill go was more about creating cap space to build from the bottom up.
Like Spider said ... we traded Tannehill and even paid 5 million of his salary this season in order for them to take him.  No matter what happens Sunday ... Tenn made out like bandits on the trade.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2020, 03:06:55 pm »

He set franchise records for sacks, had little offensive talent surrounding him and we switched up coordinators and coaches all the time while he was here.

This is how you ruin a young QB

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2020, 03:09:07 pm »

This is how you ruin a young QB

"Did you guys say my name?" - Josh Rosen
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2020, 03:16:29 pm »

"Did you guys say my name?" - Josh Rosen

Murray could do more with the same teamates.  Fitzpatrick could do more with the same teammates.  Maybe its you.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2020, 03:21:48 pm »

I have always been a fan of Tannehill and thought he was a good player.

So, were the Dolphins right about Tannehill or is he great?  Maybe both.

We were in a position where we kinda had to move on.  He wasn't developing here, with our staff, players, and contract structure.  We were going to have to pay such a price for him that we'd likely stay bad, anyway.  I don't blame the Dolphins for cutting bait, but I'm also glad he's doing well in Tennessee.  It's a good thing for him.

I drink your milkshake!
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2020, 03:25:23 pm »

Murray could do more with the same teamates.  Fitzpatrick could do more with the same teammates.  Maybe its you.
yes, because comparing 22 year old Rosen to two QBs who are known to have extremely good escapablilty, especially one who is 37 and been around the block a few time is fair....

It's like you forget how young some of these guys are.  Not saying Rosen is good, he's been far from it, but until this happens again next year, you're just jumping the gun at this point.  If he still sucks after sitting for a year behind a proven veteran, then I will give him the bust label.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 03:27:07 pm by Tenshot13 » Logged
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2020, 07:31:08 pm »

Tannehill was set up to fail in Miami. Rosen is set up to fail too unless the dolphins put some blockers in front of him.

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray