Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 05:33:26 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  The vaccine
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: The vaccine  (Read 5530 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2021, 08:05:56 pm »

So, should I assume you people are NOT telling me that I should get it because you WANT something bad to happen to me when I get it?

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2021, 08:06:42 pm »

I know posting facts can be irritating, but that's just what I do.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2021, 09:07:33 am »

So, should I assume you people are NOT telling me that I should get it because you WANT something bad to happen to me when I get it?

Dude, what are you talking about?

You asked if you should get the vaccine.  Yes, get the fucking vaccine.  What's left to discuss?

I drink your milkshake!
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2021, 09:55:19 am »

Just a note for the "not much worse than the flu" contingent:

The precautions taken have dropped flu cases to virtually zero, yet covid-19 is still rampant, still resulting in hospitalizations and deaths.

The precautions we've taken regarding covid-19 have reduced pediatric influenza-associated deaths to 1 so far this "season" (there is no flu season, but recently pediatric deaths have peaked between week 2 and week 7 in recent years) compared to 195 last year (144 the year before, 188 the year before that).

Deaths attributable flu, pneumonia, and covid-19 as a group (people who die with the flu often die *of* pneumonia) is completely out of wack this year, despite a virtually non-existent flu season:

You want to imagine what that chart would look like WITHOUT lockdowns and other restrictions? I don't.

Get the fucking vaccine and not just for yourself.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly/index.htm
https://gis.cdc.gov/GRASP/Fluview/PedFluDeath.html
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2021, 10:31:50 pm »

"Oh, so now you're saying that frequent hand washing, wearing masks, and social distancing have magically reduced the number of flu infections?  How convenient!"

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2021, 07:06:34 pm »

Got my first dose today

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2021, 08:48:04 pm »

Got my first dose today

Tell us about it.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2021, 09:22:13 pm »

Feeling normal so far

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2021, 10:11:06 am »

Got my first dose today

Good.  Hope you don't experience symptoms.

Anecdotal story: My niece is pretty tough...not a wussy when it comes to pain.  She had some kind of reaction to the vaccine.  ...maybe the hit a nerve or something, but she had such intense soreness on the 2nd day that she couldn't raise a glass.  She was much better the next day and is fine now.  But it was more than just your average after-a-shot achiness.

I drink your milkshake!
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2021, 11:47:41 am »

My wife got hers a few days ago. She's had zero symptoms. I'm registered to get it, but it may be a few more weeks before I get it. Texas is a bit backed up.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2021, 03:18:10 pm »

Feeling normal so far

I'm sorry.  Grin

Joking
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2021, 03:51:50 pm »

When it's my turn to qualify to get it, I'll sign up to get it.  It's a no-brainer, even if my arm gets sore or if i have a headache or whatever.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2021, 05:16:28 pm »

In an announcement that should surprise no one, the Trump Administration lied about having a stockpile for the second dosage.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2021, 10:08:10 pm »

I got a neck stinger a few days later that felt like I do when I overexert myself in the gym, but it's gone now.  I am a little worried about the second dose, but in for a penny, in for a pound.

I wonder, is this going to be like the flu shot, where we have to get one every year?  I wonder what would happen if a flu shot was not developed in time for a year.

stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2021, 10:29:06 pm »

My wife received her second dose this morning. She’s a disaster. Slept all day. 101 temp. Chills. Aches. Major headache. Intermittent bouts of nausea. Hopefully better tomorrow. But at least she’s vaccinated.

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray