Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:57:19 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Shame of the year 2021
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Shame of the year 2021  (Read 9538 times)
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2022, 10:06:15 pm »

My Shame of the Year goes to D4L for posting threads that are easy off base and for running to start the SOTG threads before the game is over.

Just kidding.

Yep I'm going there, and I'm not kidding.

My Shame of the Year goes to D4L, the continual trolling isn't funny anymore - actually it was never funny to begin with.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2022, 02:24:08 am »

It’s not just the result.  We’re not any better at any aspect of the game and he’s not an impressive game day coach either.

Sorry Dave, but to say "It's not just the result" doesn't make sense to me, the results mean just about everything.  This is the first time in 20 years that the Dolphins have had back to back winning seasons, that's fantastic in my opinion.  I respect your opinion, and usually completely agree with you, but I get so sick of the people on here that make excuses for the Dolphins wins not being good enough, that's Bullshit IMO.  It's always "they only won by 3 should have won by 14" "the teams they play aren't any good"  " They only won because they got lucky on a call" etc, etc , etc.   Not to mention nobody has given credit to Flores for the Defense being so good the past two years.

A year or two from now all the people on here that are happy with Flores being fired will be whining that he never should have been fired after Miami completes a couple 7-10 seasons.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2022, 03:22:48 am »

Sorry Dave, but to say "It's not just the result" doesn't make sense to me, the results mean just about everything.  This is the first time in 20 years that the Dolphins have had back to back winning seasons, that's fantastic in my opinion.
It's relevant that you mention the last time the Dolphins had back-to-back winning seasons, as that coach - Dave Wannstedt - also managed to win the division and win a playoff game in his tenure.  And do you remember how he was regarded after those last back-to-back winning seasons?  MIA fans were far less pleased with Wannstedt than they have been with Flores.

There aren't many of us that look back at the Fiedler/Wannstedt days and think, "If only we could get back to there..."

ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2022, 07:35:30 am »

Yep I'm going there, and I'm not kidding.

My Shame of the Year goes to D4L, the continual trolling isn't funny anymore - actually it was never funny to begin with.

I wouldn't call him a troll.  But a lot of his posts are way out in left field and make no sense.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2022, 10:31:26 am »

Sorry Dave, but to say "It's not just the result" doesn't make sense to me, the results mean just about everything.

It's not JUST the result.  But it's the result also.  No playoffs, under .500, from what I can tell, we haven't really won a big game in his entire tenure.

In addition to those things, it doesn't pass the eye test for me.  And on top of all of that, just for my personal preference, he doesn't coach the style that I enjoy watching.

I drink your milkshake!
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2022, 12:31:08 pm »

Three years in a row I have been nominated for the Shame of the Year.

I don't see how my posts qualify whatsoever as trolling.  Just because you guys don't like objectivity and not being a homer doesn't mean I'm a troll. 

In terms of Flores, he failed.  They had a clear shot at making the playoffs, and they failed two years in a row.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2022, 12:54:19 pm »

This is the first time in 20 years that the Dolphins have had back to back winning seasons
Having a winning season was big last year when they went 10-6 despite having a washed up old QB as the starter half of the year. This year going 9-8 with Tua and Brisset and better roster than last year and ending the season with a negative points scored differential despite being above .500 which ONLY happened because they played 17 games instead of 16 is QUITE different. This year was NOT a positive even with a winning record. Miami SHOULD have made the playoffs this year without question with the roster they had and the schedule they had. The only 2 positive wins for the year were the 2 New England games which both may have ended up in losses if not for a big turnover in each game. The number of bad losses to the Raiders, Falcons and Jags plus all the blowout losses far outweighed the positives.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2022, 01:01:58 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2022, 01:33:00 pm »

^ And I don't even give them credit for the 2nd New England game, because it didn't matter anymore and they were playing with house money.

And even then, it's like he was trying to lose, again punting on 4th and inches and squeaking out a game where he had a big lead.  Failure to adjust as the game went on, as usual.

I drink your milkshake!
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2022, 02:21:07 pm »

And even then, it's like he was trying to lose, again punting on 4th and inches and squeaking out a game where he had a big lead.  Failure to adjust as the game went on, as usual.
^^^^ This kind of stuff always drove me crazy. Play to win instead of not to lose!

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2022, 02:34:08 pm »

^ I'm ok with losing.

Sometimes you aren't the better team, you're not going to go get the 1 yard to win the game...whatever.  That's why you play.

But I hate not giving yourself the chance to win and playing, hoping that the other team doesn't make their plays.  It's so infurating.

That shit used to work in the 80s and 90s.  I was a big fan of field position battles and playing the clock and all that, but those days are O-VAH!  The offenses are too heavily weighted, there is so much QB protection, the rules favor offense, so you gotta work that to your advantage.  You can't just kick away and win with defense anymore.

I know these guys aren't dumb.  So why do they do it?

It's basic math.  The odds of getting a 4th and inches on a QB sneak is incredibly high.  The odds of stopping a team from driving the field isn't nearly that much. It's maddening.

I drink your milkshake!
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2022, 03:19:52 pm »

Have to go with Flores, he sunk our season after 8 games and we got blown off the field 4 times this year.

For an on the field player, probably Jesse Davis.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2022, 08:35:35 pm »

It's relevant that you mention the last time the Dolphins had back-to-back winning seasons, as that coach - Dave Wannstedt - also managed to win the division and win a playoff game in his tenure.  And do you remember how he was regarded after those last back-to-back winning seasons?  MIA fans were far less pleased with Wannstedt than they have been with Flores.

There aren't many of us that look back at the Fiedler/Wannstedt days and think, "If only we could get back to there..."

I never liked Wannstedt.  IMO Wannstedt inherited a playoff caliber team from Johnson and made it worse year after year.  Those teams won in spite of Wannstedt.  He kept bringing in players and coaches from Chicago where he was previously the HC, and those Bears teams sucked, and he made the Dolphins suck.  I point to him as being the start of the downfall that Miami has never been able to recover from, that was until the last two years.

With Wannstedt the Dolphins were trending down, with Flores the team has trended up. Big difference.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2022, 08:38:39 pm by masterfins » Logged
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2022, 12:18:37 am »

JJ's last 3 years:
9-7 (0-1 playoffs)
10-6 (1-1 playoffs)
9-7 (1-1 playoffs)

Wanny's first 3 years:
11-5 (division champ, 1-1 playoffs)
11-5 (0-1 playoffs)
9-7 (no playoffs)

Looks like he made the team better, not worse.

Overall record:
JJ- 36-28 (.563), 2-3 playoffs, no division title
Wanny- 42-31 (.575), 1-3 playoffs, 1 division title

Let us also note that when Wanny lost six games in a row to open the season (and 8 of 9), he was fired midseason, unlike Flores who finished the season after a 7-game losing streak.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2022, 09:09:39 am »

Three years in a row I have been nominated for the Shame of the Year.

Maybe you should consider why that is the case.  It certainly isn’t “homerism” as you claim because I am certainly not a Dolphins homer, and I recognize your posts as little more than annoying trolling.  Actually there are only two regular posters here that I would consider homers. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2022, 09:55:51 am »

Actually there are only two regular posters here that I would consider homers.  

[mod edit: changed image size for page formatting]
« Last Edit: January 12, 2022, 12:39:18 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray