Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:43:58 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Divisional Weekend
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Divisional Weekend  (Read 4717 times)
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« on: January 21, 2022, 01:32:48 pm »

Titans over Bengals
Packers over 49ers
Rams over Bucs
Chiefs over Bills

The line on the Bucs/Rams game is flopping like a fish out of water.   It opened with the Bucs -3.5, then went to the Rams -2, and now it's back to the Bucs -2.5.  I'm guessing there's heavy action in Vegas on this one.  
« Last Edit: January 21, 2022, 01:34:20 pm by ArtieChokePhin » Logged
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2022, 02:02:07 pm »

It opened with the Bucs -3.5, then went to the Rams -2, and now it's back to the Bucs -2.5.  I'm guessing there's heavy action in Vegas on this one. 

That doesn't appear crazy to me at all.  1.5 variance at its greatest point is a small change.

Opening lines mean little because of variables, COVID, weather, etc.  As you get closer to the game, lines close in.  To open at line at 3.5 and have it at 2.5 at kickoff is nothing.

I drink your milkshake!
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2022, 02:26:04 pm »

That doesn't appear crazy to me at all.  1.5 variance at its greatest point is a small change.

Opening lines mean little because of variables, COVID, weather, etc.  As you get closer to the game, lines close in.  To open at line at 3.5 and have it at 2.5 at kickoff is nothing.

It swung 5.5 points according to the numbers quoted.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2022, 03:40:48 pm »

There isn't any team playing this weekend that would surprise me if they did win. Looks to be 4 good games.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2022, 04:18:23 pm »

There isn't any team playing this weekend that would surprise me if they did win. Looks to be 4 good games.

I would be very surprised if the Niners won or even kept it close. Beating the Cowboys in the playoffs is not very hard, notorious chokers. The Packers are just a much better team. The other 3 games are coin flips as far as I'm concerned.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2022, 09:55:35 pm »

How are the Bucs NOT favored?  This is a much a forgone conclusion as there can be.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
raptorsfan29
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2022, 11:31:20 pm »

Titans
Packers
Bucs
Bills

Although i feel wanted thinking the bills will win is more of a hope than a realistic thought. Along with the Rams since i would like to see Stafford win but will err on the side of caution with that game and pick the defending champs.

Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2022, 04:26:32 am »

How are the Bucs NOT favored?  This is a much a forgone conclusion as there can be.

Tristan Wirfs being injured and his backup being shaken up has some people questioning if Brady will be standing up long enough to throw the ball. The ones who aren't betting on the Bucs are guessing that Donald, Miller and co will have a good day sacking and pressuring him.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2022, 07:49:18 am »

Tristan Wirfs being injured and his backup being shaken up has some people questioning if Brady will be standing up long enough to throw the ball. The ones who aren't betting on the Bucs are guessing that Donald, Miller and co will have a good day sacking and pressuring him.

That's why I picked the Rams.  The Bucs, who were really banged up defensively when these two teams met the first time are now really banged up offensively.  They are missing their top two runners, two of their top three receivers, and their right tackle and center are both hobbling.   That being said, it was still a tough call.  The Rams, for all the star power they have, are inconsistent.   They are playing on a short week, flying cross country, and Stafford has never gone this far in the playoffs.   If the game is close late, Brady will find a way to pull it out.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2022, 01:45:30 pm by ArtieChokePhin » Logged
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2022, 05:21:49 pm »

It’s the same pattern with Brady every year.   His team looks overmatched so nobody thinks he can win.  But because his opponents do stupid things and his teammates play out of this world, he wins the super bowl. 

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2022, 06:39:08 pm »

Our boy Tanny is making Kyler Murray look like Joe Montana right now.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2022, 08:23:17 pm »

Our boy Tanny is making Kyler Murray look like Joe Montana right now.

Typical Tanny.  Needing to put together a decent drive to win, he shits the bed
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2022, 08:34:13 pm »

Typical Tanny.  Needing to put together a decent drive to win, he shits the bed

He could never win it for you, just maintain the success from the rest of the team. There is certainly a value to that but it becomes a glaring weakness when you need a GW drive and he throws a pick instead.
DenverFinFan
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2022, 10:12:00 pm »

End of the line of Tanny it looks like. Much respect to the man but it he is an above average QB at best and at worst can actively lose the game for you.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2022, 11:04:12 pm »

End of the line of Tanny it looks like. Much respect to the man but it he is an above average QB at best and at worst can actively lose the game for you.

I think I read that the way his contract is structured, he won't be leaving them any time soon.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray