Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:19:52 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Do any of you feel any different now than you did on voting day?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Do any of you feel any different now than you did on voting day?  (Read 2206 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« on: June 06, 2022, 10:18:32 am »

I realize I'm going to be accused of baiting but my interest is actually legit. I seriously am perplexed by this. I'm curious if you feel any different now than you did on voting day about Biden and or Democratic policies dealing with the economy. I have friends & relatives that will die on the thought we are suffering because of Trump & Putin and that just blows my mind. According to the latest Gallup polls 4 out of 10 people still approve of Biden.  If that is your beliefs then maybe you can explain it better to me than others have. For the record I also have friends who have made the jump to the conservative side but that makes sense to me.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2022, 10:39:47 am »

I realize I'm going to be accused of baiting but my interest is actually legit. I seriously am perplexed by this. I'm curious if you feel any different now than you did on voting day about Biden and or Democratic policies dealing with the economy. I have friends & relatives that will die on the thought we are suffering because of Trump & Putin and that just blows my mind. According to the latest Gallup polls 4 out of 10 people still approve of Biden.  If that is your beliefs then maybe you can explain it better to me than others have. For the record I also have friends who have made the jump to the conservative side but that makes sense to me.

To answer your totally disingenuously bad faith question:

Do I feel any different than I did on voting day?

Yes, I am even more convinced that Trump is a wouldbe dictator and his followers are indistinguishable from the Germans who supported Hitler in the 1930s.

I think you meant to ask do I feel any different than I did on inauguration  day.  The answer to that is Not really.  Even more convinced Susan Collins is a spineless fool, for her claims she thought Roe was safe.  Never been a fan of Biden and I knew he was inheriting a mess he has done a decent job given the limits imposed by the filibuster.  I wish he had more of a backbone and pushed for ending the filibuster and packed the court, but I never actually expected that.

But please stop with your bullshit.  You want to ask if my opinion has changed just ask.  But we all know your repeated claims of every day another one of your former ultra-liberal friends joining the GOP are total fabrications.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2022, 10:40:55 am »

No, no regrets.

The struggles with the economy, specifically inflation, which is what's on everyone's mind, is not due to the current administration, but a bunch of factors happening all over the world.

Inflation is complicated, probably partially cyclical, but also the cost of staving off depression during tough times like we just had and are continuing to have because of the pandemic and all the related crap that goes with that.

Gas -- same situation.  It's not US policy that makes it expensive.

I drink your milkshake!
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2022, 11:28:06 am »

But please stop with your bullshit.  You want to ask if my opinion has changed just ask.  But we all know your repeated claims of every day another one of your former ultra-liberal friends joining the GOP are total fabrications.
https://thefederalist.com/2022/04/12/while-everyone-else-is-kicking-themselves-for-voting-for-biden-college-educated-women-are-doubling-down/

Not just people I know. Lot's of MSNBC used here to illustrate how every demographic but college educated "single" women are regretting 2020. I've mentioned this before but you might want to get out and meet some actual people.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2022, 12:21:58 pm »

Yes, some folks that voted D in 2018 will vote r in 2022. But that doesn't show a shift of liberals to conservative.  You had conservatives who voted D because of Trump, they are voting for the party they always voted for.  Midterms are always rough for the presidents party.  The one thing the Dems have going for them is most of the 18 and 19 year old new voters are progressive. And the majority of people who removed themselves from the voting rolls by refusing to wear a mask and get the vax are R

raptorsfan29
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2022, 01:18:48 pm »

To answer your totally disingenuously bad faith question:

Do I feel any different than I did on voting day?

Yes, I am even more convinced that Trump is a wouldbe dictator and his followers are indistinguishable from the Germans who supported Hitler in the 1930s.

I think you meant to ask do I feel any different than I did on inauguration  day.  The answer to that is Not really.  Even more convinced Susan Collins is a spineless fool, for her claims she thought Roe was safe.  Never been a fan of Biden and I knew he was inheriting a mess he has done a decent job given the limits imposed by the filibuster.  I wish he had more of a backbone and pushed for ending the filibuster and packed the court, but I never actually expected that.

So..... you claim that "Trump is a wouldbe dictator and his followers are indistinguishable from the Germans who supported Hitler in the 1930s." but yet you would support Biden ending the filibuster and packing the supreme court, basically what a "would be" dictator would do and yet trump is the "would be" dictator. Do you not see the hypocrisy of your actions? Do you not see your connection to those "Germans who supported hitler"

Do you know what a dictator is? or even how it's defined?

I just became a CNA this past April and hoodie, You are making it an interest for me to look into working in a mental health facility so i can understand you a little better, although i will probably stick to the nursing home/rehab center environment for now, but for the future i will give it serious consideration.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2022, 01:26:51 pm by raptorsfan29 » Logged
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2022, 01:21:27 pm »

There are also people that aren't voting on issues and are probably low information.

They just switch back and forth because they are always unhappy with the incumbent.
There are people who vote out the incumbent solely on how the economy is, regardless of the causes of that.
There are some people who who only vote based on whether their personal situation is better or worse, regardless of cause.

But ideologically, the people who I know that voted for Biden because on their stances on issues, still support Biden.

I drink your milkshake!
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2022, 01:43:42 pm »

No, no regrets.

The struggles with the economy, specifically inflation, which is what's on everyone's mind, is not due to the current administration, but a bunch of factors happening all over the world.

Inflation is complicated, probably partially cyclical, but also the cost of staving off depression during tough times like we just had and are continuing to have because of the pandemic and all the related crap that goes with that.

Gas -- same situation.  It's not US policy that makes it expensive.

If you truly believe what you wrote, then I have some mountainside property here in Florida to sell you.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2022, 01:46:38 pm »

So..... you claim that "Trump is a wouldbe dictator and his followers are indistinguishable from the Germans who supported Hitler in the 1930s." but yet you would support Biden ending the filibuster and packing the supreme court, basically what a "would be" dictator would do and yet trump is the "would be" dictator. Do you not see the hypocrisy of your actions? Do you not see your connection to those "Germans who supported hitler"

Do you know what a dictator is? or even how it's defined?

I just became a CNA this past April and hoodie, You are making it an interest for me to look into working in a mental health facility so i can understand you a little better, although i will probably stick to the nursing home/rehab center environment for now, but for the future i will give it serious consideration.

Yes, I know what a dictator is.  I also know what a democracy is.  

A legislative body in which 41 people can overrule 59 is NOT a democracy.

A court of 9 in which a majority of the appointees were appointed by people who lost the popular vote is NOT a democracy.  

There is absolutely nothing democratic about the Garland/Barrett hypocrisy.  

Fixing these undemocratic problems would be a step in the right direction.  

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2022, 01:52:14 pm »

If you truly believe what you wrote, then I have some mountainside property here in Florida to sell you.

Inflation is Biden's fault right?

Here is some recent inflation data....

"The annual inflation rate surged to 5.1% in Q1 of 2022 from 3.5% in Q4, surpassing market estimates of 4.6% and marking the highest reading since the introduction of the Goods and Services Tax in the early 2000s, reflecting soaring fuel prices and surging building cost. Transport prices rose the most since the 1990 Iraqi invasion of Kuwait (13.7% vs 12.5% in Q4), while additional upward pressures came from cost of food and non-alcoholic beverages (4.3% vs 1.9%), alcohol & tobacco (1.8% vs 1.1%), housing (6.7% vs 4%), furnishings (4.9% vs 3.6%), recreation (3% vs 2.1%), health (3.5% vs 3.3%), and insurance & financial services (2.7% vs 2.2%). On a quarterly basis, consumer prices went up 2.1%, the most since Q3 2000, after a 1.3% gain in Q4, mainly due to a jump in cost of new dwellings and fuel."

I am sure you blame all of this on Biden.

\/

\/

\/

\/

So please explain to me what Biden can do to get Australia's inflation under control.   

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2022, 03:41:46 pm »

Ending the filibuster is completely legal and has been done twice in the last decade (first for non-SCOTUS judicial appointments, then for Supreme Court appointments).  If we had ACTUAL filibusters that require Senators to physically speak without stopping to hold the floor, as is prescribed in the Constitution, filibuster reform would be unnecessary.  But because the Senate is full of a bunch of Medicare-aged senior citizens, they adopted a rule that says you can just write "I filibuster" on a piece of paper and that is accepted as equivalent to physically standing and talking.  That's nonsense.

As for "packing the Supreme Court": just as the rules said that Mitch McConnell can refuse to even hold a hearing for Obama's nomination of Merrick Garland, and the rules said that Mitch McConnell can fill a Supreme Court seat while people are literally casting their ballots for president, the rules also say that Congress may add or remove seats on the Supreme Court.  The rules are what they are, right?

None of the above make Mitch McConnell (or Donald Trump) a dictator, or even a wanna-be dictator.  It might be a dick move, but it's completely within the rules.  The things that make Trump a dictator-in-waiting are:

1) he insists that his election loss is illegitimate and pushes relevant state authorities to overturn it
2) when that is unsuccessful, he incites a mob to go invade the Capitol and stop his successor's confirmation by Congress

Those actions are not within the rules; they are the hallmark of an autocracy.  Comparing ending the filibuster or expanding the Court - two things which have previously happened in this country multiple times, peacefully - to a violent invasion of our seat of government, specifically intended to prevent the transfer of power is absurd.  It's not even in the same ballpark.

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2022, 03:47:25 pm »

I'm curious if you feel any different now than you did on voting day about Biden and or Democratic policies dealing with the economy.
On Election Day 2020, Trump had not yet sent a violent mob to overthrow Congress.  So yes, I feel quite different today about the importance of electing Biden than I did then.

I think the more interesting question is: after voting for Trump in 2020 and witnessing January 6th, along with the subsequent invasion of Ukraine by Putin (after Trump illegally delayed foreign aid to Ukraine that had been allocated by Congress), do YOU feel any different about your vote that day?  Or would you happily pull the lever for Trump again?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2022, 03:49:22 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2022, 04:34:43 pm »

On Election Day 2020, Trump had not yet sent a violent mob to overthrow Congress.  So yes, I feel quite different today about the importance of electing Biden than I did then.

I think the more interesting question is: after voting for Trump in 2020 and witnessing January 6th, along with the subsequent invasion of Ukraine by Putin (after Trump illegally delayed foreign aid to Ukraine that had been allocated by Congress), do YOU feel any different about your vote that day?  Or would you happily pull the lever for Trump again?
I would pull it faster. In my mind I completely think we would be in better shape if he was in charge. The guy is an ass but he is a very smart ass ... no pun intended.

As far as your 2 points you made about Trump ... I agree with his whining abou the election and he did pressure people to change the results but I don't know if he did anything illegal. I don;t know if that makes him a dictator as much as a crybaby.  As far as January 9th just like everything else I blame those that were there and broke the law.

stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2022, 04:51:08 pm »

Not related at all, but since I'm a Republican living in Massachusetts I don't bother voting for President because my vote DOES NOT COUNT.

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2022, 04:52:13 pm »

and he did pressure people to change the results but I don't know if he did anything illegal.

Read your own words.  Pressuring people to change the results of an election is a crime.  

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray