Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 12:17:49 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Dolphins lose draft picks. Ross fined
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Dolphins lose draft picks. Ross fined  (Read 2972 times)
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« on: August 02, 2022, 12:16:40 pm »

Dolphins lose their 2023 first rounder and 2024 third rounder and Ross is fined $1.7 million for violating the integrity of the game.   Not sure exactly what happened but it shows how much of a buffoon Ross is.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2022, 12:25:22 pm »

This was for all that stuff with Brady and Sean Payton.

Ross is a bozo.

Oh, also Ross is suspended through October.

I drink your milkshake!
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2022, 12:32:07 pm »

NFL suspended Dolphins owner Stephen Ross until October 17 and stripped the team of their 2023 first-round pick and 2024 third-round pick for tampering violations.

Ross is also barred from any league meetings until the Annual Meeting in 2023, has been removed from all league committees, and was fined $1.5 million. The report found the Dolphins "had impermissible communications" with Tom Brady in 2019, 2020, and 2021 as well as former Saints coach Sean Payton in January of 2022. Neither person ended up working for the organization. Miami was also investigated for tanking after former coach Brian Flores claimed Ross offered him $100,000 per game to intentionally lose in 2019. The league found that comment "was not intended or taken to be a serious offer."

This came as a shock and man, that really sucks for us as we wanted that extra 1st rounder as Tua insurance. Now, our draft hopes are on the Niners tanking.

What is going to be lost in this is that they investigated Flores' claims about being paid to tank and found they had no merit. I don't know if that means nothing Flores said was right or just this one thing for now. I guess we'll hear more in the future.

Either way, time to dump Ross.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2022, 12:35:26 pm »

We deserve this, by the way.

Can't be running shit like a mob boss....poorly at that.

I drink your milkshake!
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2022, 12:46:08 pm »

We deserve this, by the way.

Can't be running shit like a mob boss....poorly at that.

Yeah, the team suffers for his own stupidity. There are things to admire about Ross, but this was so stupid and I'm sure left the NFL no choice but to fine us. However, Ross should really be suspended for a year or more, don't just make our loss of draft picks the big thing. That won't hurt a billionairre in his 80s.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2022, 12:46:37 pm »

TAMPERgate

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2022, 12:48:59 pm »

Ross just released a statement and among the things he said was that the NFL cleared them of any wrong doing in regards to Brian Flores and all his allegations. Not shocked by this to be honest. Good to at least put that to bed.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2022, 01:11:48 pm »

Keep your mouth shut and don't put anything against the rules in writing. Why is this so hard?
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2022, 01:14:12 pm »

Fortunately we have another 1st round pick. Ross has done a lot of good things for the franchise so I'm not going to be too quick to judge. All teams tamper so I'm guessing this was a compromise of sorts.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2022, 01:29:11 pm »

Doesn't sound like Flores is too happy with how things turned out.

Flores - I am thankful that the NFL’s investigator found my factual allegations against Stephen Ross are true. At the same time, I am disappointed to learn that the investigator minimized Mr. Ross’s offers and pressure to tank games especially when I wrote and submitted a letter at the time to Dolphins executives documenting my serious concerns regarding this subject at the time which the investiagtor has in her possession. While the investigator found that the Dolphins had engaged in imperimissible tampering of “unprecedented scope and severity,” Mr. Ross will avoid any meaningful consequence. There is nothing more important when it comes to the game of football itself than the integrity of the game. When the integrity of the game is called intro question, fans suffer, and football suffers.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2022, 01:47:01 pm »

Doesn't sound like Flores is too happy with how things turned out.

Flores - I am thankful that the NFL’s investigator found my factual allegations against Stephen Ross are true. At the same time, I am disappointed to learn that the investigator minimized Mr. Ross’s offers and pressure to tank games especially when I wrote and submitted a letter at the time to Dolphins executives documenting my serious concerns regarding this subject at the time which the investiagtor has in her possession. While the investigator found that the Dolphins had engaged in imperimissible tampering of “unprecedented scope and severity,” Mr. Ross will avoid any meaningful consequence. There is nothing more important when it comes to the game of football itself than the integrity of the game. When the integrity of the game is called intro question, fans suffer, and football suffers.

Tell that bitch to stay mad. The only factual claims the NFL proved was that Ross made a joke about wanting a better draft pick and stopped making that joke once Flores wrote a letter. The NFL would love to get all the bad stuff out of the way at once so if there was any merit to his claims, they would've suspended Ross for even longer or worse. They didn't because there is nothing there.

This is what we get for not rightfully firing a coach who starts the season 1-7 in his 3rd year.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2022, 01:53:26 pm »

TAMPERgate

Funny how the Dolphins never were accused of cheating until they allowed a former Patriots coaching staff member into their organization.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2022, 03:05:13 pm »

Looks like it's now ride or die with Tua for the next several years, unless the 49ers absolutely implode this season.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2022, 03:18:46 pm »

Looks like it's now ride or die with Tua for the next several years, unless the 49ers absolutely implode this season.
If traianing camp is any indication that won't be an issue. He and his recievers are having a ball out there right now. Waddle even looked pretty good against really good coverage from Howard.

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2022, 03:27:05 pm »

Pretty sure it was going to be that way regardless. Even if Tua doesn't break out into a Top 10 QB this seaosn, it's ALMOST impossible to not put up "good enough" numbers with Hill/Waddle/Wilson/Gesicki plus our very likely improved O-Line and Running Game. He would have to Josh Rosen the season for management to make the decision to move on in the offseason.

I don't see the Niners imploding but if Trey Lance isn't ready to lead that team, they will definitely miss the playoffs.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray