Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:30:19 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Mike Greenberg: Dolphins will go 3-13 this year
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Mike Greenberg: Dolphins will go 3-13 this year  (Read 16719 times)
jtex316
Uber Member

2011 NFC East Champions!

« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2011, 11:40:21 am »

You guys are so great.

Anytime anyone says something negative about the Dolphins, like "you're going 3-13 this season", you all brush it off and insult the person. If I was looking at TDMMC posts to try to find out who the best announcer / TV host / Radio personality is for sports, I wouldn't find anything because according to all of you, they're idiots and don't know shit and are bad hosts and are "lucky to even have a job".

This goes back to the "Dolphins Fan Ego" thing, where, for whatever reason, Dolphins fans in general have this very large ego about their team, as if their team has done shit in the last 10 years. The Dolphins in the last 10 years have been a complete joke of a football franchise - everything from QB controversy, ownership changes, players quitting on the team, players calling out coaches / GMs / owners, bad on-the-field play and an owner who doesn't know shit from shit has happened - yet Dolphins fans still go around chanting "1972!" and "we're going 12-4 and at least the AFC title game" this year.

...which is why I love the Anti-Fins section. The more of this nonsense you provide, the more material I have. Garbage in, Garbage out.

For the record, Mike Greenberg is WAY OFF on his 3-13 prediction. The Dolphins are going 0-16 this year, which is 3 full wins from Greenberg's insane prediction and 4 to 6 wins away from Golic's outlandish, ludicrous forecast.

Giants: '56 NFL Champs; Super Bowl XXI, XXV, XLII Champs
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2011, 12:41:35 pm »

We love you too man!  Evil

What exactly do you expect? I'm sure if I went to a NY Giants fan forum, the fans would be pro Giants, that's to be expected. What's also expected is that if I showed up as Dolphins fan and started tossing around the idea the Giants were gonna be 4-12 this year, I'd get a few responses that I was crazy.

Lets talk again after week 8 and see how your 0-16 prediction is shaping up.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2011, 03:22:13 pm »

I heard Mike Golic back up and punt this morning on his earlier 4 win prediction for Miami. Apparently he realized that the number of losses he was giving Miami on their schedule had to coincide with the number of wins he was giving to their opponents on their schedules and he realized he'd made a mistake. Today he said that Miami would win 6 games and said the reason he believed that was because he had zero faith in Henne and hasn't since Henne joined the league and the fact that they had to play both New England the the Jets twice. He then conceeded that if Henne actually started to show him something that 6 win total would change because he does believe that Miami has a top 10 defense and that Bush and Marshall are enough on the offensive side of the ball as long as Henne plays better this year than last year.

I figured as much. When Golic took a REAL look at Miami's schedule and wasn't just throwing out something for shock value he added 2 wins and the potential for a couple more. That's not that much different from what I have projected for them.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 11:48:01 am by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
BigDaddyFin
Uber Member

watch me lose my mind, live and in full color.

« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2011, 05:49:31 pm »

BigDaddyFin: Mike and Mike in the Morning will get a .0000000004 rating this year.

Hey... what's in the bowl bitch?
bsmooth
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2011, 06:14:46 pm »

You guys are so great.

Anytime anyone says something negative about the Dolphins, like "you're going 3-13 this season", you all brush it off and insult the person. If I was looking at TDMMC posts to try to find out who the best announcer / TV host / Radio personality is for sports, I wouldn't find anything because according to all of you, they're idiots and don't know shit and are bad hosts and are "lucky to even have a job".

This goes back to the "Dolphins Fan Ego" thing, where, for whatever reason, Dolphins fans in general have this very large ego about their team, as if their team has done shit in the last 10 years. The Dolphins in the last 10 years have been a complete joke of a football franchise - everything from QB controversy, ownership changes, players quitting on the team, players calling out coaches / GMs / owners, bad on-the-field play and an owner who doesn't know shit from shit has happened - yet Dolphins fans still go around chanting "1972!" and "we're going 12-4 and at least the AFC title game" this year.

...which is why I love the Anti-Fins section. The more of this nonsense you provide, the more material I have. Garbage in, Garbage out.

For the record, Mike Greenberg is WAY OFF on his 3-13 prediction. The Dolphins are going 0-16 this year, which is 3 full wins from Greenberg's insane prediction and 4 to 6 wins away from Golic's outlandish, ludicrous forecast.

Yes because the homeric rantings of angtsy Mc Troll with the continued 0-16 prediction year after year is so much more insightful.
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2011, 05:35:54 pm »

Would love nothing more than to be able to email M&M on Tuesday morning with a single line: "2 more to go!"  -EK
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2011, 05:04:29 pm »

Would love nothing more than to be able to email M&M on Tuesday morning with a single line: "2 more to go!"  -EK

Still have three more to go. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2011, 05:08:17 pm »

Methinks Greeny overshot his prediction by 2-3 games...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
tubba marxxx
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2011, 08:01:28 pm »

You guys are so great.

JTex looks more and more like a genius every week..and unfortunately, he's also right about the Dolphins fan ego. 
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2011, 09:17:42 pm »

^^^ Mercy, don't encourage him. J-Tex reheats and throws the same stinky pile of shit against the wall every year before the season starts, in the hope that one of these years it sticks. It finally looks like it might stick - halfway through the season - and you break out the genius tag? Hell, he doesn't actually buy it when he writes it...he just is looking to get a rise out of Phins fans.

If you really want to stretch the term and call him genius, then at least do it for something worthy, like the book he wrote on SEO...not for the same "guess" he makes every year.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
jtex316
Uber Member

2011 NFC East Champions!

« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2011, 07:48:05 am »

^^ God dammit Sunstroke it's not on SEO it's on Analytics! Smiley

Giants: '56 NFL Champs; Super Bowl XXI, XXV, XLII Champs
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2011, 08:43:52 am »

Dammit, JoeTex, I write about football, not sports!  Smiley

~ Micah Leggat
tubba marxxx
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2011, 08:49:40 am »

HAHAHA oopps  Lips Sealed
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2011, 11:41:48 am »

This thread is humbling.  We should keep it around.

I drink your milkshake!
BigDaddyFin
Uber Member

watch me lose my mind, live and in full color.

« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2011, 08:00:17 pm »

This thread is humbling.  We should keep it around.

It would be if it didn't come from Mike Greenberg.  Otherwise it's like me getting up and announcing to my facebook page BigDaddyFin: Mike Greenberg has the anal fissures.  Actually I think my facebook page reaches more people than his show does so it's all good.

Hey... what's in the bowl bitch?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray