Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:50:47 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Mike Greenberg: Dolphins will go 3-13 this year
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Mike Greenberg: Dolphins will go 3-13 this year  (Read 16584 times)
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« on: August 24, 2011, 10:40:56 am »

Mike and Mike on ESPN had Miami and Jacksonville in their 2-a-days segment yesterday.  During this conversation, Greenberg (a lousy Jets' fan) claimed there's no way the Dolphins win more than 4 games this season.

I'm baffled by this comment...

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=6884228
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 10:51:49 am by Brian Fein » Logged
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 10:58:30 am »

Shock value. Greeny is not really a sports analyst. He can talk your ear off regarding sports, but he doesn't really have a clue what the hell he's talking about. Him and Golic get into it constantly over what Greeny says. It makes for some great radio, but from a true sports analyst perspective, Greeny is an idiot.

And he's a Jet's fan, what do you expect?  Evil

I'm curious though, what did Golic say? He's played in the NFL, he knows the NFL and he knows a lot of the current players. He usually has a pretty good pulse on things. I also respect what Stink has to say. Greeny is just a foil.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 11:00:44 am by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 11:03:45 am »

I think Golic said 6-10...

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/rank?versionId=1&listId=1236
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2011, 11:26:53 am »

Mike Golic has a chip on his shoulder from his time playing with the Dolphins; apparently, they treated him poorly and he's carried a grudge ever since.  He has always had a negative/pessimistic outlook on the team.

BTW, Golic predicted 4-12.

bsfins
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2011, 11:28:06 am »

Golic picked 4-12....Yeah I don't really care what they think, I've not cared what they say since about 2004....and I barely cared then....

They did 15 minutes of research (if that) and watched highlights from the past two preseason games...Hardly mentioned the defense till Golic brought it up in the end.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 11:30:37 am by Lil B » Logged
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2011, 12:11:59 pm »

Once we get that official TDMMC "season predictions" thread up, I'm pretty sure my pick for Miami is going to either be 7-9 or 6-10, but before you totally crucify Mike & Mike for lowballing Miami with a 3-13 or 4-12 prediction, consider this...

A 3-13 record would certainly put Miami in contention for a shot at the Andrew Luck sweepstakes.

So, basically, if Miami struggles and is out of playoff contention early - say 2-6 at the midway point - and it appears that Henne hasn't progressed and really is the biggest part of the offensive problem, then maybe I look at a possible 3-13 finish a little bit differently than I do right now. Wink

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
AZ Fins Fan 55
Uber Member

Go Phins!!!!!

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2011, 01:13:09 pm »

Greenberg is a dumbass.....most of the time he is full of shit which is why I quit listening to him. The only way that happens is if the Phins have a lot of injuries. They are not a great team but they are not a terrible team either.

R.I.P. Jarian - 11/17/05 - You will be missed and never forgotten. Thanks for the memories my truest friend!!!!!
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2011, 02:25:35 pm »

BTW, Golic predicted 4-12.

Golic picked 4-12....

I don't remember what was said on the broadcast but if you look at the link, it pretty-clearly says 6-10 under Golic's name.  Not sure where the 4-12 came from...

Am I the only one with positive thoughts about this season?
bsfins
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2011, 02:37:36 pm »

Click your first link, in the Black box..
Mike Greenberg and Mike Golic preview the season for the Miami Dolphins. Greeny predicts a 3-13 season, while Golic says 4-12.

Then after Greenberg talks, Golic says I've only got them 1 better...(like the 3rd time,after they go through the 5 questions thing) about the 4:09 mark

The second link you posted they have it listed wrong....
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 02:41:05 pm by Lil B » Logged
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2011, 04:54:07 pm »

I don't remember what was said on the broadcast but if you look at the link, it pretty-clearly says 6-10 under Golic's name.  Not sure where the 4-12 came from...

Am I the only one with positive thoughts about this season?
no way man.  I'm stoked for the season too.  12-4 baby!
Guru-In-Vegas
Uber Member

I found it cheaper on the internet

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2011, 05:19:04 pm »

I cannot see us winning LESS than 7 games this season.

8-8 will be realistic with those 8 losses being close ones. 

Our defense is going to be the best in years and our offense CANNOT be worse than last year.  I'd be willing to bet our offense despite all the Henne hate is going to be a big improvement from last year. 
BigDaddyFin
Uber Member

watch me lose my mind, live and in full color.

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2011, 07:15:18 pm »

yawn.  another half-assed sportswriter making predictions based on nothing other than his hardon for a hometown team.

Hey... what's in the bowl bitch?
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2011, 08:16:06 am »

In Greenberg's defense ... I've seen him do the sky is falling predictions for the Jets even when others thought differently.  I know he is a Jets fan and has said he hates the Dolphins but I think like all sports writers/talkers, he is subject to what he is exposed to.  He typically goes with the majority opinion and never really has any "inside" scoop on things.  I'd take it for what it is worth ... nothing.  Both of those guys are entertaining but I certainly wouldn't make any bets based on their opinion.   

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2011, 09:26:17 am »

The people who constantly rag on Henne and Sparano would probably "secretly" love to see a 3-13 mark, as it would likely mean that Sparano would be gone, and Henne would be replaced by Luck.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2011, 11:16:55 am »

I'm so sick of hearing about Luck.  He is a LOONNGGG way from being a starting NFL QB.  Happens every year, the guy who reporters clamor would be a #1 pick this year, end up going much later in the draft the following year.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray