Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:05:57 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Tim Tebow is garbage.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 35 Print
Author Topic: Tim Tebow is garbage.  (Read 137159 times)
Landshark
« Reply #405 on: January 06, 2012, 10:05:08 pm »

Brady Quinn getting HALF (yes HALF) the 1st team snaps this week in practice.  Before a playoff game! WOW! Unheard of!! Looks like the coaches have little faith in Tebow at this point.

That Steelers defense is gonna eat him alive.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #406 on: January 07, 2012, 12:25:07 am »

If Fox is smart, he will let Tebow play the entire game.

Brady Quinn is not going to take you anywhere anyway.  Best to take your Tebow medicine and get the media monkey off your back; if Tebow has an epic stinker, Fox may be allowed to bring in a decent QB to compete for the starting job next year.

bsmooth
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #407 on: January 07, 2012, 03:46:02 am »

I thought what Ben had to say about the whole Tebow hype was spot on. He felt bad for Tebow. People are saying it is Tebow against the Steelers, and it is the Broncos vs the Steelers,
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #408 on: January 07, 2012, 06:44:14 am »

Brady Quinn is not going to take you anywhere anyway.  Best to take your Tebow medicine and get the media monkey off your back; if Tebow has an epic stinker, Fox may be allowed to bring in a decent QB to compete for the starting job next year.

I agree with this. Let Tebow sink or swim. And if he throws out another god awful performance then you have no problem moving on from him in 2012 and this offseason.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #409 on: January 07, 2012, 07:18:01 am »

Brady Quinn getting HALF (yes HALF) the 1st team snaps this week in practice.  Before a playoff game! WOW! Unheard of!! Looks like the coaches have little faith in Tebow at this point.

Tebow emphatically denied this. He said he usually gets a few snaps during the week and that's all he got this week.

What's more interesting is that he's been throwing with receivers after practice.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #410 on: January 07, 2012, 07:58:58 am »

Tebow emphatically denied this. He said he usually gets a few snaps during the week and that's all he got this week.

What's more interesting is that he's been throwing with receivers after practice.

Yeah and Quinn denied it to to Jeff Darlington, but then it leaked out last night the Broncos have specific packages for Quinn this week on 2nd and 3rd and long situations and he has gotten half the snaps this week in practice no matter what Quinn is saying. They just don't want Pitt to know that and that is why they are denying the reports. Trying to catch Pitt off guard. Which I get, but everyone around the Broncos team is saying Quinn got half the snaps this week.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #411 on: January 07, 2012, 11:23:26 am »

In a playoff game? Fox would get roasted for not putting in Quinn. You can't "take your medicine" in a playoff game, you just can't.

Here's what I do. I tell Quinn you got the 1st half to show me. If you are playing poorly, don't be surprised I pull you to give Quinn a shot, but Quinn will only have about a quarter to turn things around. If he's not playing well by the 4th quarter, you're coming back in to try your 4th quarter magic.  And then you stick to that plan.

That's giving your team the best possible shot to win the game while still giving Tebow every oppportunity to win the game for you.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #412 on: January 07, 2012, 04:51:19 pm »

Nice, if any of it was true. It isn't though. Team sources beyond Quinn himself deny the report.

"Three Broncos team sources, however, said Quinn has not received any more practice reps than usual — which isn't many.

"The backup quarterback always gets reps," said a team source. ""It's no different this week. It's normal for the backup quarterback to get a few reps."

Quinn received zero reps — zero — during the first team's pivotal game-plan installation Wednesday, according to a team source. He took two first-team reps Friday — which isn't unusual."

Read more: Broncos' Brady Quinn routine normal despite Tebow's struggles - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_19690080#ixzz1ioO0LcRT
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

From ESPN: "ESPN’s Ed Werder reported Friday that Quinn has received a few more repetitions in practice this week than unusual. Werder reported that Quinn has had eight repetitions with the first-team offense in practice this week. He usually gets two reps with the starters. Thus, that minimal amount doesn’t necessarily translate into Denver pressing Quinn into action." 

That hardly equals HALF the first team reps. From what I've read from multiple sources, and what has not been denied by anyone (like Quinn himself) is that the team MAY use him in certain third and long situations, if the situation "is desperate." -EK

« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 04:59:58 pm by EKnight » Logged
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #413 on: January 07, 2012, 06:24:00 pm »

In a playoff game? Fox would get roasted for not putting in Quinn.
John Fox is going to get "roasted" for... not putting in Brady Quinn?  Think about what you just said.

fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #414 on: January 07, 2012, 07:47:11 pm »

then it leaked out last night the Broncos have specific packages for Quinn this week

Quinn said in his denial that they would practice specific packages just for him leading up to EVERY game. So nothing new here either.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #415 on: January 07, 2012, 07:50:41 pm »

Quinn said in his denial that they would practice specific packages just for him leading up to EVERY game. So nothing new here either.

Total BS. Don't believe Quinn for a minute. Everyone reporting this can't be wrong. No "back-up" gets that many snaps with the 1st team in a week of a playoff game with a healthy starter.

Quinn is lying.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #416 on: January 07, 2012, 08:54:21 pm »

John Fox is going to get "roasted" for... not putting in Brady Quinn?  Think about what you just said.
IF Tebow is playing horrible and giving them no chance to win, yes. If Tebow is playing decent or the game is close because your defense is keeping you in the game, than of course you stick with Tebow and hope he can pull it out, but if not and you're down by a couple scores and you have to pass to get back in the game, then you have got to try something else. You can't just keep sticking Tebow out there and say "Well we gave him a shot and you see, we LOST." You WILL be destroyed in the press. You can do that in the regular season, but not in the playoffs. You have to try to win no matter what you have to do.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 09:01:59 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #417 on: January 07, 2012, 10:28:53 pm »

Total BS. Don't believe Quinn for a minute. Everyone reporting this can't be wrong. No "back-up" gets that many snaps with the 1st team in a week of a playoff game with a healthy starter.

Quinn is lying.

Who is "everyone." EVERYONE I've read says the story is untrue, "leaked" by one person. I linked two sources refuting the entire thing; neither was Quinn. Obviously "everyone" is not reporting your story. -EK
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #418 on: January 07, 2012, 10:33:27 pm »

Who is "everyone." EVERYONE I've read says the story is untrue, "leaked" by one person. I linked two sources refuting the entire thing; neither was Quinn. Obviously "everyone" is not reporting your story. -EK

Look who came back to the thread. Been a few days. Spider asked you a question the other day you have yet to answer. So before I answer YOUR questions I would like you to answer his!
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #419 on: January 08, 2012, 02:13:15 am »

EKnight, if, according to you:

- Sanchez's best season "still makes him a bad quarterback," and
- Sanchez and Tebow are "basically the same player"

...does this not mean that Tebow is a bad quarterback?  Please do explain.

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 35 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray