Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 02:24:51 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Reporters continue to stir the pot at Dolphins camp
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Reporters continue to stir the pot at Dolphins camp  (Read 8636 times)
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2012, 10:33:19 pm »

Edwards and Marlon Moore/Wallace play the same position.  The argument makes sense.

But cutting Matt Moore to keep Julius Pruitt does not make sense.

And I doubt you'll find anyone that thinks Pat Devlin is more valuable than Matt Moore.

Matt Moore won't be in Miami in 2013. He even said this past offseason that his goal when he enters free agency next year is to get "Matt Flynn money".

Matt Moore's "value" to Miami IF he doesn't win  the starters job is nill.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2012, 10:54:16 pm »

Speak of the devil, the report is now out

The Palm Beach Post reports the Dolphins have considered carrying Ryan Tannehill as the No. 2 quarterback, making the loser of the David Garrard-Matt Moore battle expendable.

and this....

If Tannehill does play well, it could make either Moore or Garrard expendable. Both are vested veterans, meaning their entire 2012 salary becomes guaranteed if they are on the Week 1 roster.

Moore is in the final year of a two-year contract, and the Dolphins could avoid paying him a $2.75 million salary if it cuts or trades him for a mid-round pick (Moore would still cost $750,000 against the salary cap).

If the Dolphins cut or trade Garrard, who signed a one-year deal this offseason, they could avoid paying him a $2.25 million salary, though they already gave him a $1 million signing bonus and $100,000 workout bonus (Garrard would count $1 million against the cap if cut).
Landshark
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2012, 08:21:31 am »

Speak of the devil, the report is now out

The Palm Beach Post reports the Dolphins have considered carrying Ryan Tannehill as the No. 2 quarterback, making the loser of the David Garrard-Matt Moore battle expendable.

and this....

If Tannehill does play well, it could make either Moore or Garrard expendable. Both are vested veterans, meaning their entire 2012 salary becomes guaranteed if they are on the Week 1 roster.

Moore is in the final year of a two-year contract, and the Dolphins could avoid paying him a $2.75 million salary if it cuts or trades him for a mid-round pick (Moore would still cost $750,000 against the salary cap).

If the Dolphins cut or trade Garrard, who signed a one-year deal this offseason, they could avoid paying him a $2.25 million salary, though they already gave him a $1 million signing bonus and $100,000 workout bonus (Garrard would count $1 million against the cap if cut).

MikeODamus  Smiley
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2012, 10:02:23 am »

Source?

Anyone can type in bold italics, doesn't make it credible.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2012, 10:34:07 am »

Ben Volin - Palm Beach Post staff writer.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2012, 01:44:24 pm »

And now this from Omar Kelly of the Sun Sentinal.

"I went into Dolphins camp concerned about the following issues:

1. Is Ryan Tannehill adjusting to the speed of the NFL game?

Tannehill is doing MUCH better than his OTA and minicamp showing. He's progressing everyday. I'm still noticing too many sacks and interceptions, which would get an offense killed in real games, and he's still tentative when it comes to throwing the ball in the middle of the field. But each day progress gets made.

If that trend continues there's a chance he could catch Matt Moore, moving ahead of last year's incumbent starter, who has erratic practices. But David Garrard is just WAY too polished for the rookie to leapfrog the nine-year veteran on the depth chart before the regular season.

Games haven't been played yet, but I project the depth chart will look like this in a month: Garrard, Tannehill and then Moore."

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2012, 02:16:50 pm »

Games haven't been played yet, but I project the depth chart will look like this in a month: Garrard, Tannehill and then Moore."[/i]

If that is the depth chart it makes little sense to keep Moore.  Sign a rookie or 2nd year player to the PS to have a third QB. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2012, 02:34:08 pm »

If that is the depth chart it makes little sense to keep Moore.  Sign a rookie or 2nd year player to the PS to have a third QB. 
If that is the depth chart, it won't be the depth chart. Moore will be cut and the depth chart will be Garrard, Tannehill and Devlin.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2012, 02:49:26 pm »

If that is the depth chart, it won't be the depth chart. Moore will be cut and the depth chart will be Garrard, Tannehill and Devlin.

I forgot you already had a fourth QB.  Yeah, if Tannehill beats out Moore than cut Moore and keep Pat Devlin. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
bsfins
« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2012, 03:04:21 pm »

YAWWWNNN...Camp reports...Boring as hell... Undecided

my random thought today

My being overly cautious concern with keeping Garrard over Moore,is a 34 year old Qb that has a bad back....Partially (so it was reported) why he didn't play last season...I'd expect Garrard to be better in Training camp he is the veteran,and most experienced QB in camp...

I'm of the mindset I'd rather keep Tannehill on the bench most of this year.More because of the fans,not because of Tannehill,or his abilities

Wake me after the 2nd preseason game...
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 03:06:51 pm by Lil B » Logged
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2012, 04:23:59 pm »

Peter King says Garrard looks more impressive than Peyton currently

After visiting both Broncos and Dolphins camp, SI's Peter King believes David Garrard has been more impressive in practice than Peyton Manning.

Per King, Garrard was "terrific consistently through practice," and "in general, looking extremely comfortable in a West Coast offense." Added coach Joe Philbin, "this guy's got something to him. I like what I've seen. King also says he's "told" Garrard has outplayed Matt Moore and Ryan Tannehill all camp. Most camp reports need to be taken with a grain of salt. It does sound like 34-year-old Garrard is clearly healthy and fresh after sitting out all of 2011.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray