Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 11:31:49 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Gase/Ross and player protests
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Print
Author Topic: Gase/Ross and player protests  (Read 15306 times)
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #60 on: October 17, 2017, 01:22:40 pm »

No they aren't. Not even close. That's idiotic
First of all I said "in a sense", that is what you conveniently overlooked. It's amazing that out of my whole post, that's the only thing you picked to quote and respond to. It's very telling.

Second of all, the fans pay the NFL and Team owners. Who in turn pay the players. So therefore, ultimately everyone is paid by either the fans or the advertisers who are targeting the fans. So without the fans, no one is getting paid, that's the bottom line. That's why, "the customer is always right". Because they keep the business open and viable. This is pretty much common sense. Why are you being so obtuse?

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #61 on: October 17, 2017, 02:26:28 pm »

So if some NFL customers object to the player protests, and other NFL customers support the protests, which group should the owners acquiesce to?

I mean, the owners could just stay out of it and let each player speak for himself.  But I think there are a lot of owners who are happy to shut down this kind of discussion of uncomfortable topics, and the anthem is the mechanism for doing so.  Let a player stand for the anthem while holding a picture of "obvious criminal" Tamir Rice and we'll hear about some new protocol to shut the players down.

Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #62 on: October 17, 2017, 03:34:31 pm »

Great you found the one outlier.  Roll Eyes

Doesn't change the overall point that for 31 of 32 teams the fans aren't the employers of the players on the team

Technically right is the best kind of right
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #63 on: October 17, 2017, 04:29:31 pm »

Technically right is the best kind of right
Unless it's far right...

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #64 on: October 17, 2017, 04:46:34 pm »

^^^ I loved that guy in Groundhog Day...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #65 on: October 17, 2017, 05:29:36 pm »

^ this whole discussion has a very Groundhog Day feel to it.
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #66 on: October 17, 2017, 05:34:33 pm »

^ this whole discussion has a very Groundhog Day feel to it.
Round and round we go...

Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #67 on: October 17, 2017, 05:59:40 pm »

First of all I said "in a sense", that is what you conveniently overlooked. It's amazing that out of my whole post, that's the only thing you picked to quote and respond to. It's very telling.

Second of all, the fans pay the NFL and Team owners. Who in turn pay the players. So therefore, ultimately everyone is paid by either the fans or the advertisers who are targeting the fans. So without the fans, no one is getting paid, that's the bottom line. That's why, "the customer is always right". Because they keep the business open and viable. This is pretty much common sense. Why are you being so obtuse?

Actually the network TV money pays the owners and players. Fans money is pennies on the dollar in the big picture. Network TV gets their money from advertisers who want to advertise on NFL games which...guess what, hasn't gone down any cause its still the hottest programming going today and the highest rated. A fan spending $7 for a coke at a stadium isn't paying a players salary

Get a clue
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #68 on: October 17, 2017, 06:03:24 pm »

"In a sense" in the same sense that movie goers are owners of the movie studios.  (Hey I own some Disney stock so I am a part owner of a movie studio, to give the Packers example). 

That is bullshit.  People who attend games (even packers fans) are the consumer of the products.  not owners not employees. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #69 on: October 18, 2017, 04:23:36 am »

Actually the network TV money pays the owners and players. Fans money is pennies on the dollar in the big picture. Network TV gets their money from advertisers who want to advertise on NFL games which...guess what, hasn't gone down any cause its still the hottest programming going today and the highest rated. A fan spending $7 for a coke at a stadium isn't paying a players salary
Get a clue
Season tickets, concessions, merchandise, parking, and not to mention all the money that goes to support the local economy(although that doesn't benefit the players) is a lot more than $7. I'd be interested to see the high, low, and average amount of money that a fan is out of pocket to see just one game at a stadium. I haven't been to a game in years but it's probably close to $150-$200 a head once you figure in all the costs. So that ain't small potatoes like you're trying to portray it to be. I will admit that advertiser money is probably more, but guess what. Who is it aimed at? The same people that the actual game is aimed at, the fans. So if fans boycott the NFL, they are boycotting the advertisers also.

pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #70 on: October 18, 2017, 04:38:13 am »

"In a sense" in the same sense that movie goers are owners of the movie studios.  (Hey I own some Disney stock so I am a part owner of a movie studio, to give the Packers example). 

That is bullshit.  People who attend games (even packers fans) are the consumer of the products.  not owners not employees. 
Of course it's not bullshit. The consumer ultimately dictates the business direction and therefore dictates the business decisions. If you go to the movies and the popcorn bimbo behind the counter decides to push her political/religious/social views on every customer. Then guess whats eventually going to happen the majority of the time? If you don't think that consumers decisions directly relate to business decisions, then you don't live in reality.

Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #71 on: October 18, 2017, 06:46:50 am »

Season tickets, concessions, merchandise, parking, and not to mention all the money that goes to support the local economy(although that doesn't benefit the players) is a lot more than $7. I'd be interested to see the high, low, and average amount of money that a fan is out of pocket to see just one game at a stadium. I haven't been to a game in years but it's probably close to $150-$200 a head once you figure in all the costs. So that ain't small potatoes like you're trying to portray it to be. I will admit that advertiser money is probably more, but guess what. Who is it aimed at? The same people that the actual game is aimed at, the fans. So if fans boycott the NFL, they are boycotting the advertisers also.

nobody is boycotting the NFL that is a joke. You are making up a false narrative to try and prove a point that just isn't there. Get your head out of Trump's tuchus for 5 minutes and look at reality.

Of course it's not bullshit. The consumer ultimately dictates the business direction and therefore dictates the business decisions. If you go to the movies and the popcorn bimbo behind the counter decides to push her political/religious/social views on every customer. Then guess whats eventually going to happen the majority of the time? If you don't think that consumers decisions directly relate to business decisions, then you don't live in reality.

You have just contradicted yourself with this above statement. The consumer's haven't changed anything as there are no mandates that the players "must stand" for the national anthem and players are still kneeling every week. So the business direction hasn't changed one bit and this whole story is a lot to do about nothing.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 06:48:41 am by Baba Booey » Logged
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #72 on: October 18, 2017, 10:20:46 am »

Get your head out of Trump's tuchus for 5 minutes and look at reality.

I'm not entirely sure that Trump can fit a second head up his tuchus...his own head is taking up all the tuchus space.

And again, just because it's fun to type... Tuchus.

Grin

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #73 on: October 18, 2017, 03:04:13 pm »

nobody is boycotting the NFL that is a joke. You are making up a false narrative to try and prove a point that just isn't there. Get your head out of Trump's tuchus for 5 minutes and look at reality.
False narrative? I've clipped and highlighted the relevant part of my post below to help you out little fella. I swear, sometimes I think you people willfully attempt to spin and twist people's words. Either that or you can't read and comprehend the English language. I'm betting on the former rather than the latter. But who knows at this point?
So if fans boycott the NFL, they are boycotting the advertisers also.

You have just contradicted yourself with this above statement.
Contradicted? No, I don't think so. Again, your reading and comprehension skills must be sub-par. Relevant info in my post is again highlighted below to help you understand.

Then guess whats eventually going to happen the majority of the time?

The consumer's haven't changed anything as there are no mandates that the players "must stand" for the national anthem and players are still kneeling every week. So the business direction hasn't changed one bit and this whole story is a lot to do about nothing.
Not yet it hasn't changed direction. However, I don't know what's going to happen with this whole situation and neither do you. We'll let it play out and see. I do know that the NFL, team owners, and a few select players had a meeting about it this week. And if they had a meeting there must be a problem somewhere. And I'm fairly sure that it won't be the last meeting about this issue, but we'll see.

Maybe, just maybe, eventually those top 1% evil billionaires in the NFL and team owners will have to pick between maximizing their business profits OR their employees political and social opinions. Hmmmm, I wonder what they will do? The NBA doesn't seem to have this problem, do they?

Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #74 on: October 18, 2017, 03:53:56 pm »

False narrative? I've clipped and highlighted the relevant part of my post below to help you out little fella. I swear, sometimes I think you people willfully attempt to spin and twist people's words. Either that or you can't read and comprehend the English language. I'm betting on the former rather than the latter. But who knows at this point?Contradicted? No, I don't think so. Again, your reading and comprehension skills must be sub-par. Relevant info in my post is again highlighted below to help you understand.
Not yet it hasn't changed direction. However, I don't know what's going to happen with this whole situation and neither do you. We'll let it play out and see. I do know that the NFL, team owners, and a few select players had a meeting about it this week. And if they had a meeting there must be a problem somewhere. And I'm fairly sure that it won't be the last meeting about this issue, but we'll see.

Maybe, just maybe, eventually those top 1% evil billionaires in the NFL and team owners will have to pick between maximizing their business profits OR their employees political and social opinions. Hmmmm, I wonder what they will do? The NBA doesn't seem to have this problem, do they?

I see you want to take this to the gutter and start with the personal attacks about "reading comprehension skills" and attack people here now.....a sign you know you lost the debate and have no leg to stand on. So you just parrot Trump and his views and now will start with the petty childish name-calling like Trump and act like him too.  Let me guess you are dressing up like Trump for Halloween too?

Your act and agenda is old and tired. You are talking in circles but if calling me names and saying I have low reading comprehension level makes you feel better to prop yourself up, go for it champ.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray