Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 10:00:13 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  The beginning of the end for the Patriots?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print
Author Topic: The beginning of the end for the Patriots?  (Read 10381 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2018, 01:42:16 pm »

Word is McDaniels' agent, Bob LaMonte, "told the OC that he's making perhaps the biggest professional mistake of his career by backing out of this Colts job at this point". The guy didn't even call his coaches the Colt's had already hired. Colt's fans have one more reason to hate New England. 

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2018, 07:24:00 pm »

^^^ I'm sure his agent is pi$$ed about the money he just lost when his client backed out of the deal.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2018, 07:59:26 pm »

It's not about the money on that deal.  It's the fact that McDaniels, who already had a poor rep from his botched stint in Denver, has just proven to the world that he's still just as immature and unprofessional as he was then.  So now his agent knows that whatever NE offers in the future is what McDaniels will have to take, because he's poison to the rest of the league.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2018, 08:13:30 pm »

His former agent is also the agent for the GM of the Colts.  His agent is pissed because another client is pissed.  Bit of a conflict of interests.  Not uncommon in the NFL, it was also a conflict of interests for Brady and Jimmy G to have the same agent.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2018, 09:48:53 am »

His former agent is also the agent for the GM of the Colts.  His agent is pissed because another client is pissed.  Bit of a conflict of interests.  Not uncommon in the NFL, it was also a conflict of interests for Brady and Jimmy G to have the same agent.
It's more than pissing off a client. Guys left their teams to coach for him and then he quit on them with not even a call. Going to be hard to find great people who trust him in the future.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2018, 12:46:37 pm »

Seems odd he would want to stay with New England when the QB is getting ready to retire while Indy already has a franchise QB .... unless Garapolo is coming back?  Hmmm How pissed would San Fran be if Garrapolo was sent to San Fran to get in some game time while he was waiting to play in New England?

I'm not saying this is in the same line of statements (it's close) - but NE fans up here say similar things about Jimmy.  It's almost as though folks don't understand SF, for all intent and purposes, own his rights until they don't want to (or until a work stoppage and new contract brings an end to the franchise tag if he's not under contract by then).  Like Cousins in WAS, if they so desired, SF could simply slap the tag on him every year.

So, sure - NE could get him back.  For a price.

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2018, 01:15:04 pm »

Jimmy Garoppolo will be SF's QB for a minimum of 5-7 years. No tags necessary...Jimmy will have his long-term contract signed before the season starts.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2018, 01:33:43 pm »

^^^Just Announced,So I'd say no chance of Jimmy G going back to the Patriots...
https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/961668166211522561

Mike Garafolo‏Verified account
@MikeGarafoloThe 49ers and QB Jimmy Garoppolo have agreed to a five-year, $137.5 million contract, source says. The biggest deal in NFL history on a average-per-year basis.

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2018, 01:50:12 pm »

^^^ You beat me to the post by 6 minutes...knew that client I was on the phone with was rambling a little long. Grin

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2018, 01:51:36 pm »

^^^Just Announced,So I'd say no chance of Jimmy G going back to the Patriots...
https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/961668166211522561

Mike Garafolo‏Verified account
@MikeGarafoloThe 49ers and QB Jimmy Garoppolo have agreed to a five-year, $137.5 million contract, source says. The biggest deal in NFL history on a average-per-year basis.

Big big mistake.   Way too much

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2018, 01:57:16 pm »

^^^ Thanks, I needed a good laugh.

~ Micah Leggat
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2018, 03:37:45 pm »

The 49ers and QB Jimmy Garoppolo have agreed to a five-year, $137.5 million contract, source says. The biggest deal in NFL history on a average-per-year basis.
It's everything I was hoping for.

Now if he can tank like Matt Flynn, this will be one of the best possible non-MIA outcomes for me in a while:

- Deflategate forces Jimmy G to start
- JG overachieves, due in part to a victory over MIA
- SF loses an early pick trading to NE
- SF makes that NE pick worse by winning
- SF makes JG the highest paid QB in the league
- JG falls apart due to no money for a supporting cast and an incompetent front office, while staying far away from NE's highly-competent front office
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 03:39:21 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2018, 04:23:27 pm »

Dang it man. I liked that conspiracy theory.

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2018, 04:35:59 pm »

It's everything I was hoping for.

Now if he can tank like Matt Flynn, this will be one of the best possible non-MIA outcomes for me in a while:

- Deflategate forces Jimmy G to start
- JG overachieves, due in part to a victory over MIA
- SF loses an early pick trading to NE
- SF makes that NE pick worse by winning
- SF makes JG the highest paid QB in the league
- JG falls apart due to no money for a supporting cast and an incompetent front office, while staying far away from NE's highly-competent front office

Not sure it will help, but you might want to try a good therapist for all that pent-up crapola you've got going on. Wink

~ Micah Leggat
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2018, 06:38:19 pm »

I have no judgement on the deal,IMO If the 49ers believe in Jimmy Garoppolo is their guy,then good for them on actually committing to lock him up.(Unlike Washington with Cousins,going year,to year B.S.)

Albert Breer tweeted something Interesting about his contract

@AlbertBreer: Anyone staring at numbers and wondering how Jimmy Garoppolo got that is missing what drives deals. It's not merit, it's leverage. The Niners were gonna have to put the exclusive tag on him at about $26 million. Based on that, $27.5 million per is a fair market deal.

https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/961743461371215872

Modified to add tweet link
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 06:41:04 pm by DaLittle B » Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray