Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:35:46 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Where do you stand on Adam Gase?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Where do you stand on Adam Gase?  (Read 8798 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: December 17, 2018, 01:34:55 am »

Up to this game, many sources, (wish I had saved them) were saying Gase had this team overperforming and that they were better than their record.

I disagree.  They should be 9-5.  They blew double-digit leads to Cin and Indy.

He has been nothing more than a really lucky Joe Philbin.

I said it before, and I will say it again.  If Miami does not make the playoffs, he needs to go.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2018, 03:31:56 am »

The Dolphins are -79 in point differential this season.  5-9 would be a better representation of their play than 9-5.

In fact, over the last 3 regular seasons under Gase, the Dolphins are 23-23.  Their combined point differential across those games is -208.  That's just mind boggling.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 03:36:02 am by Spider-Dan » Logged

stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2018, 08:38:01 am »

I think that Gase has had enough time to demonstrate that he is not the right coach for this team.

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2018, 09:02:41 am »

He gets another year.  Firing him after 3 years is stupid.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2018, 09:49:19 am »

I like Gase and hope we keep him around.  I find the play-calling in the NFL to be incredibly conservative and that is magnified because we're not that good.

And we've had a ton of injuries.  I think you just keep at it and hope for the best.  I can't believe we can't block on the O-line.  We just pick these guys over and over and never can protect our QB.

I drink your milkshake!
DenverFinFan
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2018, 10:59:25 am »

If Miami doesn’t make the playoffs he should go.  1-11 in the last 12 road games is unacceptable and we got blown out constantly.
BigDaddyFin
Uber Member

watch me lose my mind, live and in full color.

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2018, 11:08:48 am »

I don't think firing Gase after this year would solve our problem.  We have no offensive line and our defensive line play is horrible.   It doesn't help that we didn't draft for either position.  I'd take a long look at Tannenbaum before I went and fired Gase.  Also a decision needs to be made at quarterback.

Hey... what's in the bowl bitch?
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2018, 11:26:52 am »

I honestly don't care. Until we get someone who can manage our roster we will be mediocre. We've had a shitty O-line for 7 years and now our d-line is just as bad. Until we have a chance in the trenches it doesn't matter who our play makers and coaches are. Ross needs to fire Tannenbaum and hire someone who actually knows football. He should fire him today as there is no reason to keep him around. The next guy can evaluate Gase & Chris Grier and then decide what needs to be done.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2018, 11:39:14 am »

I'd take a long look at Tannenbaum before I went and fired Gase. 

Agree.  I don’t know if Gase is a good coach or not.  But I thought Tannenbaum did a horrible job both in Mia and NY.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2018, 12:06:05 pm »

18 years. 18 freaking years since we had a legitimate team that had a chance to win it all. Dave Wannestedt proved good players could cover for a bad coach. I don't know that we've ever had a coach who could make our players better.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2018, 12:07:26 pm »

Miami is 23rd in the league on points scored. The defense is 27th in the league in points given up. In addition Miami has lost more players to IR on offense then the defense has. The only saving grace for the defense is they have done a good job on turnovers, but that doesn't make up for the number of points they have given up. If Miami had a defense that wasn't a huge liability and could force a punt once in a while the offense would get more chances to score. They need a new defensive coordinator, not a new head coach.

That's just my opinion, I could be wrong.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 12:09:17 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2018, 12:09:14 pm »

Miami is 23rd in the league on points scored. They defense is 27th in the league in points given up. In addition Miami has lost more players to IR on offense then the defense has. The only saving grace for the defense is they have done a good job on turnovers, but that doesn't make up for the number of points they have given up. If they had a defense that wasn't a huge liability and can't stop anyone their offense would get more chances to score. They need a new defensive coordinator, not a new head coach.

That's just my opinion, I could be wrong.
They were saying on the radio this morning that our offense and defense are both ranked 29th and 14th for injuries in the league. I honestly don't know how that makes anyone on our team safe.

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2018, 12:14:22 pm »

They were saying this morning that our offense and defense are both ranked 29th in the league. I honestly don't know how that makes anyone on our team safe.
Those rankings are in yards per game and Miami is actually 30th in yards/game given up. I tend to look at points scored and points given up as a better indicator, but regardless Miami is horrible on defense and Gase isn't a defensive minded coach. Bring in a defensive coordinator worth a damn and let's see if Gase can generate some offense. Part of the reason we were blown out yesterday is because Miami got behind early and could never catch up and was forced to pass and our offensive line can't handle that. They need to be close or in the lead so that the running game can take the pressure off the offensive line. Giving up 2 quick scores to start the game put them behind the 8 ball from the get go. Miami can't win games like that, their offense isn't built to play like that especially with all the injuries it's sustained. The offense didn't help the defense any yesterday, but the defense gave up those 2 quick scores to start the game, that's not on the offense that's on the defense. You can't have that, you just can't.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 12:20:21 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2018, 12:15:09 pm »

give gase a 10 year contract extension .. stop changing coaches all the time .. it doesn't make any difference .. you need consistency in coaches and you need to build through the draft .. you can't build through free agency. it won't work.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2018, 12:19:02 pm »

People thinking we can lure a great defensive coach might be a bit disappointed. It will be hard to get a proven coach to move to coach under Gase as he might possibly be coaching his last year. Going with a new coach is one thing as they are typically going to get three years but the rules change with a lame duck coach.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray