Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 02:07:55 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Minkah receives trade permission
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print
Author Topic: Minkah receives trade permission  (Read 8110 times)
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #60 on: September 23, 2019, 10:30:05 am »

I am not an Armando Salguero (Miami Herald) fan at all.  But he has a very good article today about how the Cowboy game was the worst game of the year so far for the Fins.  He made some really good points, including this one that gives me a lot of concern and touches on points I have made here about how much of a disservice the Fins do to Fitzpatrick and the team by having him play practically every position but Nose Tackle.  Most of us knew that Minkah would excel and be an outstanding player when he left Miami.  This quote from Salguero's article jumped out at me (and I watched the Steelers game and Minkah played really well the whole game).

"Fitzpatrick, playing safety for a team he’s practiced with only three times, had an interception, a quarterback hit, a pass defensed, and he forced a fumble. He generally played the way the Dolphins told us he’d play when he was drafted by them with the No. 11 overall selection in 2018.

Except he didn’t play like that in Miami. And under this coaching staff, he hated being with Miami because he wanted to play a position or two and this staff stubbornly wanted him to play four or more and that caused him to ask to be traded."

This isn't the first time you see a former Dolphin (or Buc) flourishing with another team.   And I'm damn sure it won't be the last.   What is it about the state of Florida that causes pro football teams to underachieve??

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #61 on: September 23, 2019, 10:36:47 am »

This isn't the first time you see a former Dolphin (or Buc) flourishing with another team.   And I'm damn sure it won't be the last.   What is it about the state of Florida that causes pro football teams to underachieve??
Miami is getting ready to become the worst sports town in history. The Marlins just lost 100 games (again), the Heat and Panthers didn't make the playoffs and the Dolphins very well may go 0-16.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #62 on: September 23, 2019, 10:53:26 am »

Yeah, we really didn't do a great job with Minkah, but you still don't request a trade after your 17th career game.

He will make the Pro Bowl this year for the 4 win Steelers.

He was right to demand a trade.  His success (or lack of) will set the price of his next contract. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #63 on: September 23, 2019, 11:07:06 am »

Most of us knew that Minkah would excel and be an outstanding player when he left Miami.  This quote from Salguero's article jumped out at me (and I watched the Steelers game and Minkah played really well the whole game).

"Fitzpatrick, playing safety for a team he’s practiced with only three times, had an interception, a quarterback hit, a pass defensed, and he forced a fumble. He generally played the way the Dolphins told us he’d play when he was drafted by them with the No. 11 overall selection in 2018.

Except he didn’t play like that in Miami. And under this coaching staff, he hated being with Miami because he wanted to play a position or two and this staff stubbornly wanted him to play four or more and that caused him to ask to be traded."
This is what worries me about Flores. Everyone is giving the coach a pass on the season because they are rebuilding, but his treatment of Minkah in particular does not bode well. You have to put your players into positions to succeed. You can't fit a round peg into a square hole. Minkah had a good season last year. Why mess with a good thing? That shows an inability to adapt to the players you have and rather trying to force them into "your system". I'm not encouraged by what I have see so far from Flores.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2019, 11:08:55 am by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #64 on: September 23, 2019, 11:07:37 am »

I think Minkah will do well but it was only one game. I wouldn't put him in the HOF just yet. He did get embarrassingly slammed on a big play too.

https://www.49ers.com/video/49ers-kyle-juszczyk-minkah-fitzpatrick

Every player has good and bad plays.  You can make a lengthy video highlighting all the interceptions Arron Rodgers has thrown in his career if you want to find bad plays.  And you can make a Mark Sanchez highlight video that would make him look like a hall of famer.

Question isn’t can I find a video of one play.  Did he play better on his new team.  

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #65 on: September 23, 2019, 11:19:45 am »

Every player has good and bad plays.  You can make a lengthy video highlighting all the interceptions Arron Rodgers has thrown in his career if you want to find bad plays.  And you can make a Mark Sanchez highlight video that would make him look like a hall of famer.

Question isn’t can I find a video of one play.  Did he play better on his new team.  
So the bad play doesn't matter but the two good plays he made do? Hahaha No.... you're not biased. The bottom line is it was only one game. Dante Culpepper scored 5 TDs against Miami but sucked after that.

Look ... I think it sucks we lost him but the jury about how well it worked out for either is yet to be seen.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #66 on: September 23, 2019, 11:34:57 am »

Minkah is going to be a stud...regardless of who he plays for...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #67 on: September 23, 2019, 02:03:42 pm »

So the bad play doesn't matter but the two good plays he made do? Hahaha No.... you're not biased. The bottom line is it was only one game. Dante Culpepper scored 5 TDs against Miami but sucked after that.

Look ... I think it sucks we lost him but the jury about how well it worked out for either is yet to be seen.

Overall he had a better game for the Steelers than he had for Miami.  Despite only limited knowledge of the system.

The big question regarding the sustainability of that is how much of that was the fact the 49rs didn’t know how the Steelers would use him.  He wasn’t part of the film study of the prior two weeks games.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #68 on: September 23, 2019, 02:21:48 pm »

Overall he had a better game for the Steelers than he had for Miami.  Despite only limited knowledge of the system.

The big question regarding the sustainability of that is how much of that was the fact the 49rs didn’t know how the Steelers would use him.  He wasn’t part of the film study of the prior two weeks games.
He also got a gift INT. It's not like he beat someone to get it.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray