Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 09:01:55 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Donald Trump getting impeached
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11 Print
Author Topic: Donald Trump getting impeached  (Read 23536 times)
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« on: September 27, 2019, 08:59:37 am »

So it's all over the news and I don't see how he doesn't get impeached. As much as i wouldn't put it past Democrats to mess this up. They don't even need to work hard at this. This is the mother of all self inflected wounds. Not only does he do something illegal, he then admits to it, releases proof that it happened and is illegal. His personal lawyer admits to breaking the law and then offers proof on live television.

I'm sure some people will claim Trump is playing 5-D chess with the Democrats, but I just think he's as dumb as a stupid rock.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2019, 09:47:26 am »

It will pass the house and fail in the senate.  Mostly along party lines.  He won’t lose a single supporter over this all of whom will just ramble incoherently about Hillarys email and the real investigation should be into Biden.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2019, 09:56:46 am by MyGodWearsAHoodie » Logged

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2019, 10:30:13 am »

It will pass the house and fail in the senate.  Mostly along party lines.  He won’t lose a single supporter over this all of whom will just ramble incoherently about Hillarys email and the real investigation should be into Biden.

That would be the best outcome for the democrats, it would seriously put the senate majority into play.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2019, 12:22:10 pm »

That would be the best outcome for the democrats, it would seriously put the senate majority into play.

You are giving republicans too much credit.  He is going to lose less supporter over this than fans the Patriots lost over signing A. Brown.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2019, 12:57:19 pm »

I swear I say this with all sincerity. It looks like political suicide to me for the Democrats. The more it comes out how wrong the initial charge is the more ludicrous this gets. I swear one of my biggest liberal friends has recently turned his back and said he will vote Trump. I think this is more the case than college students and lazy people who will get off their butts to vote for free stuff. Most of America is sick of the many witch hunts. How many times do you have to get your arse handed to you before you realize making crap up doesn't work?

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2019, 01:04:24 pm »

I swear I say this with all sincerity. It looks like political suicide to me for the Democrats. The more it comes out how wrong the initial charge is the more ludicrous this gets. I swear one of my biggest liberal friends has recently turned his back and said he will vote Trump. I think this is more the case than college students and lazy people who will get off their butts to vote for free stuff. Most of America is sick of the many witch hunts. How many times do you have to get your arse handed to you before you realize making crap up doesn't work?

Fau, this is what I am talking about.  They don’t care,

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2019, 01:08:49 pm »

LOL .... Do you care that one of your representatives lied over and over about the Ukrainian phone call yesterday? Do you care that Biden publicly admitted getting a Ukrainian official fired for investigating his son? Do you care that Obama and Clinton gave uranium and billions of dollars to some of our biggest enemies? I'm willing to be you have an excuse for why it's ok not to care about each one.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2019, 01:20:02 pm »

There's a great article on MSN about why not to impeach him ... and this is coming from a liberal writer.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/yes-trump-is-guilty-but-impeachment-is-a-mistake/ar-AAHTMIx

This is not what the country wants to talk about. Pelosi said she would not proceed with impeachment unless there was a bipartisan groundswell of support. There is no bipartisan groundswell, and yet she’s proceeding. According to a Quinnipiac University poll, only 37 percent of Americans support impeachment.

The presidential candidates all report the same phenomenon. Voters are asking them about health care and jobs and climate change, not impeachment. This week, while all this was unfolding, I was in Waco, Nantucket and Kansas City. I had conversations or encounters with hundreds of people. Only one even mentioned impeachment, a fellow journalist.

There is a big difference between the conversation Twitter wants to have and the conversation the broader populace wants to have.

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2019, 01:58:16 pm »

Whatever it takes to get that psychotic child-weasel out of office...I'm good with it.

Hell...get a Republican in there that isn't a "down with the colored and the gay folks, and THE BIBLE IS LAW" type of nutjob, and I might even come back to the GOP and help vote his illiterate orange ass out of office.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2019, 05:06:10 pm »

LOL .... Do you care that one of your representatives lied over and over about the Ukrainian phone call yesterday? Do you care that Biden publicly admitted getting a Ukrainian official fired for investigating his son? Do you care that Obama and Clinton gave uranium and billions of dollars to some of our biggest enemies? I'm willing to be you have an excuse for why it's ok not to care about each one.

1 - so what?
2 - so what?
3 - so what?

The first one is just wrong on your part, you claim a lie .. then prove it. where are the tapes? The 2nd one is a conspiracy theory that hasn't been corroborated and the 3rd one has repeatedly repeatedly .. holy shit repeatedly been discredited.

And even if the answer was yes I care very deeply about every part of what you said and biden and obama and hillary should all be in jail .. then so what ? Does that make what Trump did not illegal?  Don't bring whataboutism it has no value other than to distract.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2019, 05:11:50 pm »

OH i get it, my neighbor is a maga hat wearing trump or die guy. I see his posts on facebook, Trump could literally walk up to Biden and smash his legs with a baseball bat and they would say "but Biden had a son and his son was on the board of a multi-national oil company and look at what they did .. how dare they .. jail Biden" and completely ignore Trumps actions.

The part that doesn't work here is that while a max of 39% of voters will back Trump no matter what, last I checked .. 61 is more than 39. This is for the independents and for the democrats, I don't think anyone expects republicans to suddenly behave rationally. It'll be deflect deflect .. what about obama .. deflect .. lock her up .. deflect .. we're tired of investigations .. deflect .. witch hunt .. deflect. I get it.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2019, 05:17:59 pm »

There's a great article on MSN about why not to impeach him ... and this is coming from a liberal writer.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/yes-trump-is-guilty-but-impeachment-is-a-mistake/ar-AAHTMIx

This is not what the country wants to talk about. Pelosi said she would not proceed with impeachment unless there was a bipartisan groundswell of support. There is no bipartisan groundswell, and yet she’s proceeding. According to a Quinnipiac University poll, only 37 percent of Americans support impeachment.

The presidential candidates all report the same phenomenon. Voters are asking them about health care and jobs and climate change, not impeachment. This week, while all this was unfolding, I was in Waco, Nantucket and Kansas City. I had conversations or encounters with hundreds of people. Only one even mentioned impeachment, a fellow journalist.

There is a big difference between the conversation Twitter wants to have and the conversation the broader populace wants to have.

I would be so happy to talk about stuff that matters.
Medicare for All, Free college tuition, eliminate student debt, a $15 minimum wage. A new wealth tax. Gun purchase checks. End global wars. Rollback all of Trump's environmental hack jobs. Increase the SCOTUS by 3-5 new justices to unroll the toxic effect #moscowmitch has had on the courts. Fix it so that amazon can't claim $0 in taxes. Eliminate tax free status for religious institutions. Eliminate charitable deductions from our tax code.

I'd be happy to talk about any or all of that.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2019, 05:51:00 pm »

That would be the "liberal writer" David Brooks, who worked at the well-known left-wing outlets National Review, Weekly Standard, and Wall Street Journal.  The same David Brooks who said in 2017 that one of his callings is "to represent a certain moderate Republican Whig political philosophy."

Remember, anyone to the left of Ted Cruz is  to be referred to as "progressive activist _________", and any media outlet to the left of Fox News is to be referred to as "liberal media outlet _______".
« Last Edit: September 27, 2019, 05:53:06 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2019, 02:49:15 pm »

I'm sure everybody knows how impeachment works.   Trump WANTS to be impeached and is daring the Democrats to impeach him.   I'll tell you why.

Andrew Johnson and Bill Clinton are the only two presidents who've been impeached. Their cases were very simple.  Both were acquitted by the Senate, as the Senate requires a two-thirds majority to convict.

What is the crime Trump is accused of committing?  There's no evidence of ANY crime. So there won't be a two-thirds majority voting to convict.

BUT.......

The Senate trial is a REAL TRIAL and Trump will have his own lawyers putting on his defense.  He'll declassify everything he needs in order to defend himself, which includes him presenting evidence of wrongdoing by the other side.   In other words a trial in the Senate will lead to the exposure of absolutely everything that the media has so far ignored.

Every news outlet will cover the trial daily and the country will see evidence of unprecedented criminality...... by the DEMOCRATS.  Biden is small potatoes. He doesn't even matter.  If Trump goes on trial, he's going to expose EVERY SINGLE CRIME the Democrats committed, going back to January of 2009.  Both Obama and the Clintons will be thrown in jail along with many others.

Not only will the Senate NOT convict Trump, this will be a death knell for the Democratic party.

We know that the "whistle blower" was GIVEN the information that Trump said "troubling" things in his phone call to the Ukrainian president.  The whistle blower was set up big time.

Trump has had three years to prepare for this. And now we'll see if the Democrats go all the way.
Impeachment is the death of the Democratic party.  NOT impeaching will make the base stay home in 2020.

In all scenarios, Trump wins.  And that's why he orchestrated this.

Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2019, 03:52:35 pm »

What is the crime Trump is accused of committing?

The generous take is that he asked a foreign country to dig up dirt on a political opponent.

The cynical take is that he pressured a foreign country to make up dirt on a political opponent by holding previously legislated military aid hostage.

Either of those scenarios are illegal.

Who knew what when or how a wistleblower got the information doesn't matter. The crime was already confessed to. And an impeachment isn't a criminal trial, it's political circus. He'll be indited the moment a democrat gets into the white house.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray