Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 06:30:14 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Donald Trump getting impeached
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11 Print
Author Topic: Donald Trump getting impeached  (Read 23645 times)
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2019, 05:08:04 pm »

it would just make it less obvious .. this is obvious .. also if I ask you to take me to the airport and you ask me for $20 that's the textbook definition of a quid-pro-quo .. you do something for me .. and in exchange i do something for you .. you rub my back and i'll rub yours .. how many other ways can you say it? you're sitting here admitting with your analogy that a quid-pro-quo is exactly what happened based on a transcript trump provided.. that's already illegal, him even asking for ukraine to investigate biden is already illegal .. it isn't for the US government .. it's for trump2020 .. that's what makes it illegal!
Only if the $20 is contingent on you giving me a ride to the airport. That's the missing link. There was no threat if he didn't comply with Trump's request. Anyhow, we'll agree to disagree. You seem emotional today, haha.

Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2019, 05:12:22 pm »

Only if the $20 is contingent on you giving me a ride to the airport. That's the missing link. There was no threat if he didn't comply with Trump's request. Anyhow, we'll agree to disagree. You seem emotional today, haha.

Implying emotions where there are none is more of a reflection of your mindset. Are you ok?
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2019, 05:15:24 pm »

Implying emotions where there are none is more of a reflection of your mindset. Are you ok?
I'm fabulous. Anyhow, if you say so, hahahaha.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2019, 05:32:20 pm »

I have been relatively quiet about all of this stuff since he's taken office.

But it's indefensible at this point.  He's working with foreign governments, using the office for personal gain.  He's been doing it since before he took office, in fact.  This is also the Russia situation, but in that case, there were so many moving parts and it was in the rear-view mirror...harder to get a smoking gun.

But this is obvious.  The GOP talking points can't stick and are all over the place.  They are slamming the way in which the whistle was blown, whataboutism with Biden, everyone does it, he did it but there was no quip pro quo, etc.  None of it is sticking because there's really no defense.  He can't claim he didn't do it because it's all out there, so the spin machine is failing.

You can read the statement yourself.  You can hear Giuliani admit to it.  And there's constantly moving the goalpost about who knew what and when.  It's because they tried to cover it up and hide it because they knew it was wrong.

And the numbers are shifting to reflect this.

There are some Trump supporters who will never change.  He said it himself.  I could shoot someone in the street and not lose voters.  For some people, he was right.  And those are grasping at straws to protect him at all costs. 

Trump is a disgusting, moral-less egomaniac and is the mouthpiece for Christianity.  That alone should shock you to your core.  It just goes to show you how people can brainwash themselves.  This man is the antithesis of Christianity in every imaginable way and he's their champion.  It's absolutely insanity.

I can't say that the GOP will oust him -- though they certainly might....and he would have to resign.  But this is most definitely real and has consequences.
No offense but you sound just like CNN. I have to ask ... why do you think they didn't take a vote when supposedly they had all the votes they needed if it was so cut and dry? In fact ... since they went on break it has come out that Pelosi (Pelosi admitted it in an interview) knew exactly what was in the transcript before Trump even released it. If you don't think all this "hype" was a political set up then you aren't paying attention. They are bluffing and you can fill in the blanks for what it is they don't want the American people to pay attention to.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2019, 09:06:04 pm »

Impeachment is a political action. Not a criminal one. If your argument is that a political action is political... Duh.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2019, 11:29:05 pm »

It's just like the Democrats to be playing politics with serious matters.

Unlike an attack on an embassy, a private e-mail server, or a blowjob from a subordinate, which are extremely serious issues that Republicans care about all the time, not just when they can make political hay from them.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2019, 08:07:36 am »

It's just like the Democrats to be playing politics with serious matters.

Unlike an attack on an embassy, a private e-mail server, or a blowjob from a subordinate, which are extremely serious issues that Republicans care about all the time, not just when they can make political hay from them.
I was against the Clinton impeachment the whole time. seemed super dumb to be fighting over a husband and wife issue. The attack against Americans and our embassy is a huge issue. It is an attack on this country itself and the fact you do not recognize that is scary.  The email server is completely rationale as well for a matter of national security.  This impeachment is strictly political for appearances and nothing more as all involved know its nothing before they even begin. they just need it to appear legit.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2019, 08:40:52 am »

I was against the Clinton impeachment the whole time. seemed super dumb to be fighting over a husband and wife issue. The attack against Americans and our embassy is a huge issue. It is an attack on this country itself and the fact you do not recognize that is scary.  The email server is completely rationale as well for a matter of national security.  This impeachment is strictly political for appearances and nothing more as all involved know its nothing before they even begin. they just need it to appear legit.

I guess Russia trying to sabotage our country by putting a moron in the presidency wasn't an attack on our country?
Also Ivanka using a private emial server isn't a big deal cause you know .. she's not in gov .. oh wait ..
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2019, 09:45:37 am »

I'm not even talking about the politics of it CF.   If you want to argue that the Dems played it wrong or that they waited for evidence that they already had or whatever...go ahead.

Just clear the table for a second and look at it.

Trump is a creep.  He's a compulsive liar.  He's not befitting of the role of leadership.  I believe he's got a disorder -- he's literally egomaniacal...can't help himself.  And these stories are true.  Russia, Ukraine....all of it.  Whether or not there's enough evidence to convict in a court, I can't say -- but just use your brain.  Do you trust this guy is being honest?   Ever?  People close to him are going to jail, he's constantly throwing people out and then badmouthing them and infighting.  His entire everything is a disaster.

He did this shit.  And you know he did.  And the Republicans know he did.  He said he did.  And this is how the guy has run businesses all his life.

Now, they may very well do nothing about it, because of self-preservation or because they feel that it's worth protecting the ideology. 

But history will judge this man as a pariah to our country.  He will be looked back on like Nixon or McCarthy.  And there will be some people who always think he was framed or set up...just like there are people who died still supporting Nixon's involvement in Watergate.  It's just a question of which camp you're going to be in.  I certainly can't convince you.  If you see all this, think it's cool, and you're alright with who he is, how he acts, what he says, and what he does....then the cake is baked for you and there's not much more to say.

Trump has daily behavior....daily....that would be the biggest scandal of an entire term of other presidents.  If Bush mentioned civil war in retaliation to looking into his stuff, people would've lost it.  If Obama constantly attacked the oversight of other branches of government, it would've been over for him.  And on and on.

If you think he's doing well, then it's over for you and history will leave you behind as one of the brainwashed.

I drink your milkshake!
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2019, 12:46:53 pm »

If you think he's doing well, then it's over for you and history will leave you behind as one of the brainwashed.
Everyone has opinions and I don't know if Trump will win a second term or not. None of us do. However, if he does win a second term. What will history say then? Will history leave you and the rest of the impeachment crowd behind as one of the brainwashed? Or are your opinions correct no matter what?

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2019, 01:04:43 pm »

It's not a matter of impeachment or not.

I'm talking about regular human decency.  Plenty of bad people in history had the support of the public, but history judged them poorly.  Trump will be one of those.   There's no way we're going to look back on a President twitter attacking the entirety of his tenure and think that he was good for the Republic.

I drink your milkshake!
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2019, 01:06:17 pm »

I disagree Dave. I think you are only seeing what they want you to see because from what I see they have nothing. I get most of my info from anything not FOX, CNN or MSNBC although I do read them in order to see the extremist side to things.  I have not seen Trump admit it although I have seen Biden brag about threatening them. What I have seen is the transcript and several interviews with Ukraine president who vehemently denies he was threatened or pressured. The fact some third party soft Democrats like to add between the lines to make it say something it doesn't does not surprise me at all.  

pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2019, 02:45:31 pm »

No offense but you sound just like CNN. I have to ask ... why do you think they didn't take a vote when supposedly they had all the votes they needed if it was so cut and dry?
Because if they did have full House vote authorizing a formal inquiry. The House Minority Republicans would then have full subpoena authority. Without a vote, the Democrats are only ones who have the rights to gather official information. A vote would actually give the Republicans due process and make sure that both sides are heard. You know the Democrats aren't big on due process and don't want a fair process. With them it's guilty until proven innocent. Or in Trump's case, guilty at all costs.

Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #43 on: October 02, 2019, 03:34:07 pm »

if CF thinks CNN is liberal he's literally never seen TYT

Also this press conference with the finnish president. A finnish reporter just asked the president of Finalnd what political favors Trump asked of him.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #44 on: October 02, 2019, 03:42:26 pm »

if CF thinks CNN is liberal he's literally never seen TYT

Also this press conference with the finnish president. A finnish reporter just asked the president of Finalnd what political favors Trump asked of him.

You are wasting your time, CF and Pondwater are among the “stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody and not lose any voters." cult.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray