Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:01:55 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Donald Trump getting impeached
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11 Print
Author Topic: Donald Trump getting impeached  (Read 23160 times)
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #60 on: October 03, 2019, 01:26:37 pm »

No. They had their chance his first 2 years.
This, exactly.

If the Republicans wanted more input on the investigation process, maybe they shouldn't have stonewalled all calls for investigation during Trump's first two years.  We already know what the GOP input on Trump investigations is: "shut up".

BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #61 on: October 03, 2019, 02:22:39 pm »

No. They had their chance his first 2 years. This is due process. Investigation doesn't have 2 sides. That's for the trial in the Senate.

This, exactly.

If the Republicans wanted more input on the investigation process, maybe they shouldn't have stonewalled all calls for investigation during Trump's first two years.  We already know what the GOP input on Trump investigations is: "shut up".

Because Trump has damning evidence that could put a bunch of key players in the Democratic party away for a long time.   Investigate all you want.   Impeach him.   Put him on trial.   That's exactly what he wants.   Because he will nail some people to the wall.  He and the GOP warned the Democrats to shut up.  They chose to push this matter to the limit.  Now they're gonna pay. 

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #62 on: October 03, 2019, 03:00:47 pm »

The funny thing is that they haven't even filed for impeachment. This means when they reach out to the White House to give up "whatever info" that it is not a legal request and are basically asking for a favor. Contrary to admitting that they are saying publicly "obstruction" when they know it's not. This furthers my theory that its all for show and that they know they have nothing. I've seen first hand local politicians do it and at best that is what this looks like to me.

I know there is always a possibility Trump might be doing something illegal but my money is on him. So far Democrats have done nothing to show they are competent in anything and Trump keeps winning.     

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #63 on: October 03, 2019, 06:48:01 pm »

The funny thing is that they haven't even filed for impeachment.
Nancy Pelosi Announces Formal Impeachment Inquiry of Trump

What you are seeing now are real, actual impeachment investigations, to be followed by a vote on whether or not Trump is impeached.

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #64 on: October 03, 2019, 07:59:32 pm »

And right on cue, Trump just asked ANOTHER foreign country (China) to investigate his political rival AGAIN, on LIVE TV.

That should indicate that we have quickly progressed to the end stage of Trump apologism: "Of course Trump is working with foreign leaders to undermine his opponents, and why shouldn't he?  That makes him smart."

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #65 on: October 04, 2019, 09:13:36 am »

It's obvious that he's doing the wrong thing to anyone who looks at it.  Just imagine how you'd feel if Barack Obama was in office, using the office of the presidency to investigate Mitt Romney leading up to an election.  Honestly, ask yourself if you'd be cool with that.

And his strategy is to do the wrong thing more, openly, to water it down.  And it's working.

Republicans will do nothing and we're asking and allowing assistance from foreign rivals to get involved in our democratic process.

This is madness, but because the GOP is in power, they will do nothing to stop it because it is their madness.  There will be a few that speak out, they will be shouted down as fake Republicans and then we'll have more of the same.

I drink your milkshake!
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #66 on: October 04, 2019, 09:59:22 am »

Nancy Pelosi Announces Formal Impeachment Inquiry of Trump

What you are seeing now are real, actual impeachment investigations, to be followed by a vote on whether or not Trump is impeached.
But she “hasn’t” done it ...lmao. You play right into their games. I’m guessing on purpose but who knows for sure. I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt.

There is no impeachment inquiry. There are no subpoenas.

You are not to be faulted if you think a formal inquest is under way and that legal process has been issued. The misimpression is completely understandable if you have been taking in media coverage - in particular, reporting on a haughty Sept. 27 letter from House Democrats, presuming to direct Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, on pain of citation for obstruction, to cooperate in their demands to depose State Department officials and review various records.

The letter is signed by not one but three committee chairmen. Remember your elementary math, though: Zero is still zero even when multiplied by three.

What is portrayed as an "impeachment inquiry" is actually just a made-for-cable-TV political soap opera. The House of Representatives is not conducting a formal impeachment inquiry. To the contrary, congressional Democrats are conducting the 2020 political campaign.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #67 on: October 04, 2019, 10:25:50 am »

It's obvious that he's doing the wrong thing to anyone who looks at it.  Just imagine how you'd feel if Barack Obama was in office, using the office of the presidency to investigate Mitt Romney leading up to an election.  Honestly, ask yourself if you'd be cool with that.

And his strategy is to do the wrong thing more, openly, to water it down.  And it's working.

Republicans will do nothing and we're asking and allowing assistance from foreign rivals to get involved in our democratic process.

This is madness, but because the GOP is in power, they will do nothing to stop it because it is their madness.  There will be a few that speak out, they will be shouted down as fake Republicans and then we'll have more of the same.

While I agree Trump is unfit for office and has committed multiple impeachable offenses, President Trump has done nothing fundamentally different than what Candidate Trump did.

Is asking the Ukraine President to find dirt on a political opponent impeachable?  Absolutely!  Fundamentally different from asking the Russian President the same thing on national TV?  Not at all.

Is using the office of the presidency to funnel money into his private business impeachable?  Absolutely!  Fundamentally different from using his candidacy to funnel taxpayer FEC matching funds and political contributions into his private business?  Not at all.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #68 on: October 04, 2019, 10:57:30 am »

The White House is said to be preparing a letter to send to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi 'daring' her to hold a vote on the Democrats' impeachment inquiry into President Trump's dealings with Ukraine.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7536863/Donald-Trump-send-letter-Nancy-Pelosi-daring-hold-impeachment-vote-TODAY.html

When House Republican Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy requested yesterday that she take a vote Pelosi rejected his request, saying there is no constitutional need for a House vote. She said she would rather play this soap opera for the Fake Media than actually do something. OK ... she didn't say the last part but if you read between the lines you can clearly see that's her goal.

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #69 on: October 04, 2019, 11:05:29 am »

...President Trump has done nothing fundamentally different than what Candidate Trump did.
That makes all the difference in the world. Doing something as a candidate is one thing, doing it as the president is something completely different.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #70 on: October 04, 2019, 12:04:11 pm »

That makes all the difference in the world. Doing something as a candidate is one thing, doing it as the president is something completely different.

Neither his supporters nor opponents actually expected him to act differently as Prez than as a candidate.

If you didn’t feel his asking Russia to interfere with the 2016 election disqualified him to be President, you are unlikely to support him being removed for asking Ukraine to interfere in the 2020 election.  His actions before being elected should have disqualified him and resulted in a quick primary exit. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #71 on: October 04, 2019, 12:58:56 pm »

As candidate Trump, when he openly asked Russia to go after Clinton's emails, everyone flipped out.  His response was that he was joking.  He was lying....again....obviously.

Now he did it with Russia.  And then he said he didn't and there was no smoking gun.  He was lying.

Then he did it with Ukraine.  There was no lying and saying he didn't because he admitted to it on TV.

So, he's normalizing it by doing it again with China.

And his supporters don't care.

I drink your milkshake!
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #72 on: October 04, 2019, 01:16:42 pm »

Because Trump has damning evidence that could put a bunch of key players in the Democratic party away for a long time.

Please... If The Muppet-in-Chief had that sort of information, he would have tweeted it roughly 30 seconds after learning about it.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #73 on: October 04, 2019, 01:58:18 pm »

CF, you are operating under the false impression that the start of official impeachment proceedings requires a vote from the House.  It does not.

Even McCarthy's letter makes this clear; he says that without a vote, Pelosi would be "acting in direct contradiction to all modern impeachment inquiries of a sitting president."  You will note that nowhere is it claimed that the House is required to hold a vote to authorize an impeachment inquiry; he's just saying it's violating norms (like, say, the norm that a presidential nominee to the Supreme Court should receive a vote).

Constitutionally, whether the House votes on an impeachment inquiry makes no difference (and I await any citation of the Constitution that says otherwise).  The moment the Speaker declares that an impeachment inquiry has started, it has started.  The only vote they have to take is the vote to approve articles of impeachment, which requires a majority.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2019, 02:13:21 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #74 on: October 04, 2019, 02:59:03 pm »

Neither his supporters nor opponents actually expected him to act differently as Prez than as a candidate.

If you didn’t feel his asking Russia to interfere with the 2016 election disqualified him to be President, you are unlikely to support him being removed for asking Ukraine to interfere in the 2020 election.  His actions before being elected should have disqualified him and resulted in a quick primary exit. 
I completely agree. What I'm saying is that his actions as the president make it an impeachable offense. What he did when he was a candidate while deplorable didn't rise to the offense of an impeachable act. That's the difference.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray