Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 07:14:24 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Draft Topic: Let's Say Tua Does Not Declare...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Print
Author Topic: Draft Topic: Let's Say Tua Does Not Declare...  (Read 11493 times)
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #75 on: January 07, 2020, 01:21:42 pm »

I've posted on other platforms many times how I would love Tyler Biadasz with our second or third 1st round pick. 

Yeah, he's just a beast, and a big reason why the Badgers run Jonathan Taylor up the middle so often. If he makes it to either the Phins or the Niners, I'll definitely get his jersey.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #76 on: January 07, 2020, 02:28:36 pm »

I'd like to know if the resident patriot fan thinks that the patriots would leapfrog everyone to grab Tua.

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #77 on: January 07, 2020, 02:31:50 pm »

I'd like to know if the resident patriot fan thinks that the patriots would leapfrog everyone to grab Tua.

That's not me but I'll chime in anyway. In order for the Lions to move all the way back into the 20s, the Patriots would basically have to give them three 1st rounders and maybe more since their picks are always in the 20's or even 30s. In fact, definitely more since their picks are basically high 2nd rounders. Belichick wouldn't do that, he is more likely to draft a guy like Jordan Love if he falls or some other project. They just don't have the draft capital to do it.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #78 on: January 07, 2020, 03:10:37 pm »

It’s not always about the No. 1 pick. QBs remaining in the playoffs ... Ryan Tannehill (No. 8 ), Patrick Mahomes (No. 10), DeShaun Watson (No. 12), Lamar Jackson (No. 32), Aaron Rodgers (No. 24), Jimmy Garropolo (second round), Russell Wilson (third round) and Kirk Cousins (fourth round).

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #79 on: January 07, 2020, 03:40:57 pm »

It’s not always about the No. 1 pick. QBs remaining in the playoffs ... Ryan Tannehill (No. 8 ), Patrick Mahomes (No. 10), DeShaun Watson (No. 12), Lamar Jackson (No. 32), Aaron Rodgers (No. 24), Jimmy Garropolo (second round), Russell Wilson (third round) and Kirk Cousins (fourth round).

Sure, it's very possible to find a franchise QB in the 3rd round, but it's also a lot harder. It also helps if you can sit on the bench for a few years and watch Hall of Famers play like Jimmy and Aaron did, but we don't have that luxury and considering Brady's age, neither do the Pats.

They should take the best available QB with their 1st pick as long as he isn't projected as a 4th rounder. They're all out of options now and great QBs just don't become free agents very often.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #80 on: January 07, 2020, 03:45:20 pm »

And just in case you've forgotten, QB's not in the playoffs or not starting in the playoffs...Kyler Murray (No. 1), Daniel Jones (No. 6), Dwayne Haskins (No. 15), Baker Mayfield (No. 1), Sam Darnold (No. 3), Josh Allen (No. 7), Mitch Trubisky (No. 2), Jared Goff (No. 1),  Carson Wentz (No. 2), Paxton Lynch (No. 26), Jameis Winston (No. 1), Marcus Mariota (No. 2), Blake Bortles (No. 3), Johnny Manziel (No. 22) and Teddy Bridgewater (No. 32).

Picking a QB in the 1st round is not a good indicator of a team's future success with that QB.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #81 on: January 07, 2020, 04:23:59 pm »

In front of 5?  No way.  That would cost way too much.  BB isn't really a leapfrogging kinda guy.  He is more of a trade back and grab guys he thinks have fallen.  

OTOH, if Tua's stock really drops and he is still around in the 15ish range, I could see BB trading up ahead of your second pick.  

The unknown is Stidham.  None of us knows how exactly he has been progressing during the season.  He looked pretty good in the preseason games.  Maybe BB thinks he already has his next franchise QB.  He certainly has been acting like he doesn't really need Brady.  Not unlike how he was towards Bledsoe at the start of 2001. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #82 on: January 07, 2020, 04:59:43 pm »

They're all out of options now and great QBs just don't become free agents very often.

Actually this year actually has a decent crop of FA QBs.  Granted the ones that can be described as great are getting pretty old...but there are quite a few.

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #83 on: January 07, 2020, 05:07:18 pm »

Actually this year actually has a decent crop of FA QBs.  Granted the ones that can be described as great are getting pretty old...but there are quite a few.

I'm under the assumption that guys like Brees and Brady return to their teams, I don't think for one second Brady is going to be a Buccaneer or Bear.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #84 on: January 07, 2020, 05:12:11 pm »

And just in case you've forgotten, QB's not in the playoffs or not starting in the playoffs...Kyler Murray (No. 1), Daniel Jones (No. 6), Dwayne Haskins (No. 15), Baker Mayfield (No. 1), Sam Darnold (No. 3), Josh Allen (No. 7), Mitch Trubisky (No. 2), Jared Goff (No. 1),  Carson Wentz (No. 2), Paxton Lynch (No. 26), Jameis Winston (No. 1), Marcus Mariota (No. 2), Blake Bortles (No. 3), Johnny Manziel (No. 22) and Teddy Bridgewater (No. 32).

Picking a QB in the 1st round is not a good indicator of a team's future success with that QB.

That's the thing and I have said this before; just because a QB is taken Top 5 doesn't mean he is a Top 5 talent. Lots of teams just draft out of need and not the skill level of the player and this only happens with Quarterbacks. So, guys like Mayfield and Bortles and Trubisky and Darnold are nowhere near the talent level where they got drafted.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #85 on: January 08, 2020, 04:43:04 pm »

**************  MOD NOTE *************************

I split off the tail end of this thread and merged it with the "Where will Brady play next year" thread over in the Around the NFL section as the discussion evolved from being about Tua or the Dolphin's draft pick and became about the fate of Tom Brady (and a little about Belichick)  feel free to continue the discussion over there and continue discussing the Dolphin's draft in this thread.

Thank you for your understanding.

« Last Edit: January 08, 2020, 05:02:18 pm by MyGodWearsAHoodie » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray