Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:29:12 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Give me Herbert over Tua.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 Print
Author Topic: Give me Herbert over Tua.  (Read 39364 times)
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #225 on: February 28, 2020, 01:40:55 pm »

I realize Patriot fans are panicking and people are writing them off after their bad year of 12-4 but it's been 30 years since we went 12-4. Whatever we need to do to get a top QB we have to do it. The time for taking the long shot has passed a long time ago.

You don't think they tried the longshot route? Henne, Beck, Tannehill, White, etc. Everything they have tried was a longshot.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #226 on: February 28, 2020, 01:41:59 pm »

Usually first round QBs aren't considered a "longshot", but I get your point.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #227 on: February 28, 2020, 02:10:21 pm »

You don't think they tried the longshot route? Henne, Beck, Tannehill, White, etc. Everything they have tried was a longshot.
That's all they have done with QB as well as other positions. It's time to try something different and go after a known commodity. 

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #228 on: February 28, 2020, 02:23:26 pm »

And then there's this article. I don't believe they are in love with him or at the very least they are not interested in giving up draft choices to move up to make sure they can get him and believe he'll be gone. Either way I got a feeling a lot of fans are going to be disappointed when the Dolphins either don't trade up and Tua's gone or they don't draft him even if he is there. I don't get the feeling at all this is a smoke screen. If it is who is it benefitting? Either they are already in talks with Detroit about what it would take to get the #3 pick or they aren't. If they are the smoke screen is a complete waste of time. If they are not, then that's WAY more telling then some stupid cat and mouse game they would be playing with Tua. I certainly could be wrong, but I don't see it.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-sp-draft-dolphins-combine-friday-20200228-glhruktwpba2zdszgso3wc34hu-story.html
« Last Edit: February 28, 2020, 02:27:26 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #229 on: February 28, 2020, 02:30:08 pm »

And then there's this article. I don't believe they are in love with him or at the very least they are not interested in giving up draft choices to move up to make sure they can get him and believe he'll be gone. Either way I got a feeling a lot of fans are going to be disappointed when the Dolphins either don't trade up and Tua's gone or they don't draft him even if he is there. I don't get the feeling at all this is a smoke screen. If it is who is it benefitting? Either they are already in talks with Detroit about what it would take to get the #3 pick or they aren't. If they are the smoke screen is a complete waste of time. If they are not, then that's WAY more telling then some stupid cat and mouse game they would be playing with Tua. I certainly could be wrong, but I don't see it.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-sp-draft-dolphins-combine-friday-20200228-glhruktwpba2zdszgso3wc34hu-story.html
I saw that earlier today and am still not sure how I feel about it. While the straight forward answer is like you say I keep reminding myself how much all of this is a game but then I bounce back and think Flores probably thinks he can win with any solid QB. It's mentally tiresome trying to figure out where they are going ... hahahaha

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #230 on: February 28, 2020, 02:36:39 pm »

If nothing else, this will be the most interesting Dolphins draft day(s) in as many years as I can remember.   
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #231 on: February 28, 2020, 02:50:40 pm »

Per a "source", Tua had a "weird" meeting with the Dolphins where he felt he was given the "cold shoulder" but he would still like the Dolphins to draft him at 5 or trade up for him.  Don't you love random "sources"?
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #232 on: February 28, 2020, 03:58:29 pm »

Per a "source", Tua had a "weird" meeting with the Dolphins where he felt he was given the "cold shoulder" but he would still like the Dolphins to draft him at 5 or trade up for him.  Don't you love random "sources"?

"Oh wow, Miami isn't interesting in drafting Tua anymore. Guess I don't have to trade up from 6 to get him now" - San Diego Chargers

Anonymous sources in politics are 100% worthless, in sports they are 90% worthless.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #233 on: February 28, 2020, 07:06:22 pm »

That's all they have done with QB as well as other positions. It's time to try something different and go after a known commodity. 

Sorry, I misunderstood. His injury history certainly makes him a longshot in my book. I don't understand anyone seeing it differently.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #234 on: March 02, 2020, 10:15:07 am »

They were killing Tua on the radio this morning. Everyone was saying he came off as a whiner and was upset they weren't kissing his arse. They also said that's not how these professional interviews go and he was misinformed if he thought different. They also were saying that regardless of if the Dolphins love him he won't know it until draft day.

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #235 on: March 02, 2020, 10:19:38 am »

^^^ Are those the nameless/faceless "theys" that normally say stupid shit this time of year? Or are they new nameless/faceless "theys"?

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #236 on: March 02, 2020, 10:27:45 am »

^^^ Are those the nameless/faceless "theys" that normally say stupid shit this time of year? Or are they new nameless/faceless "theys"?

Joe Rose and his show

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #237 on: March 02, 2020, 10:44:00 am »

This all stems from what I posted above.  A "source" saying Tua said the interview was "weird".  I take as much a stock in that as Kaep taking Brady's place in NE.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #238 on: March 02, 2020, 10:55:19 am »

This all stems from what I posted above.  A "source" saying Tua said the interview was "weird".  I take as much a stock in that as Kaep taking Brady's place in NE.

Exactly, there was no "source". The media and the team just make shit up as smoke screens and so the media has something to talk about during this dead time.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #239 on: March 02, 2020, 12:10:31 pm »

A "source" saying Tua said the interview was "weird". 

Mia has a history of weird interviews, just ask Dez Bryant.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray