Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:23:31 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Texans Draft Pick Watch
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12 Print
Author Topic: Texans Draft Pick Watch  (Read 18568 times)
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #105 on: November 24, 2020, 08:42:55 pm »

Weird how a Texans draft pick thread can turn into a why the Patriots were good thread.  LOL ... The Texans are currently 9th and will fall lower with future wins over Detroit and Cincinnati. As wel ... they could add another lucky win.

In most years, finishing 5-11 would net you a Top 10 pick. At this point, I would be happy with the 10th pick as well as the 42nd pick but I still hate the Patriots for losing to this team. Cincy is another guaranteed win but Detroit isn't even though they suck.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #106 on: November 25, 2020, 08:57:06 am »

In most years, finishing 5-11 would net you a Top 10 pick. At this point, I would be happy with the 10th pick as well as the 42nd pick but I still hate the Patriots for losing to this team. Cincy is another guaranteed win but Detroit isn't even though they suck.

Indeed.  The weirdness of 2020 continues.  There aren't many "middle of the road" teams this year.  It seems like there are the "haves" and the "have nots". 
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #107 on: November 25, 2020, 11:21:18 am »

Indeed.  The weirdness of 2020 continues.  There aren't many "middle of the road" teams this year.  It seems like there are the "haves" and the "have nots". 

The NFC East winner can very well end up being 5-11, which I am sure has to be the worst record of all-time for a division winner. I think the previous mark was 7-9 and I think they actually won a playoff game.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #108 on: November 26, 2020, 03:46:51 pm »

The Lions certainly didn't do the Dolphins any favors today.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #109 on: November 26, 2020, 05:27:47 pm »

The Lions certainly didn't do the Dolphins any favors today.

Watson is on a different planet right now with his play, these assholes are going to run the table. He convinced management to not trade away anyone to rebuild, they listened and he will win a bunch of games. Then, they will be worse next year because they are in cap hell and have no draft picks.

Worthless fucking franchise.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #110 on: November 27, 2020, 06:19:39 pm »

At this point I don't think it matters much what the Texans do the rest of the year.  Miami couldn't trade the pick for much extra.  In a way it could be better, in that a later pick will be less costly when it comes to the salary cap.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #111 on: November 27, 2020, 10:10:51 pm »

At this point I don't think it matters much what the Texans do the rest of the year.  Miami couldn't trade the pick for much extra.  In a way it could be better, in that a later pick will be less costly when it comes to the salary cap.

As long as they don't somehow make the playoffs, the pick can be no later than the 18th pick since there are 14 playoff teams now. Odds are, it will be between the 12th and 15th pick. I would recommend we keep it and load up for 2021 but if someone comes up with a crazy offer, have to take it.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #112 on: November 30, 2020, 07:16:39 pm »

Will Fuller has been suspended for 6 games for violating the league's steroid policy. He is done for the year and Week 1 in 2021.

I'm glad this happened because it severely hurts the Texans but my God I hate this goddamn franchise and it's stupidity. If they traded him like they should've, he would've been some other team's problem. I think I hate the Texans only 2nd to the Bills.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #113 on: December 01, 2020, 10:04:08 am »

Bradley Roby has also been hit with a 6 game ban for steroids. He is the Texans #1 Cornerback so this is another blow to them.

Good, screw this team. I hope Watson is next.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #114 on: December 01, 2020, 10:09:48 am »

On the Will Fuller front, apparently he has been appealing this for awhile now and finally lost. That would explain why no one would bite at Houston's asking price for him and league mandates they would have to disclose that to any potential suitor.

What makes this even more bizarre is that Houston knew this and released Kenny Stills anyway WITH Randall Cobb on IR. Their receiving corps are now Brandin Cooks and Huh

I don't think this franchise sniffs 8 wins again for at least 5 years.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #115 on: December 06, 2020, 10:07:26 pm »

4-8

Shockingly competitive game against a 1st placed team while missing their 2 best non-Watson players. Can't say I like that at all. Either way, unless they win out and that seems quite unlikely, the pick will probably be between the 7th and 13th selection. Next week is against the reeling Bears and they get to play the Bengals, but the other 2 are against the Colts and Titans. Anything can happen, but it seems like 6-10 is where they max out and that would put them probably between 11th and 13th.

All things considered, having the 13th and 45th picks are great and can launch us into contendership next year.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #116 on: December 11, 2020, 12:13:55 pm »

Huge game this week, Texans have 4 wins and Bears have 5 but the Bears have lost 6 in a row. Absolute disaster on offense. If the Texans win, they leapfrog the Bears and others. This game could be the difference between a pick around 15 and a pick in the Top 10.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #117 on: December 13, 2020, 12:47:17 pm »

Brandin Cooks will not play now. Their WR corps looks like our RB corps. Come on Bears, help a brother out. It's literally Deshaun Watson by himself.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #118 on: December 13, 2020, 03:36:07 pm »

4-9

Game is still going on but they are getting massacred by the Bears. LOL, the Bears! To be fair, Houston is absolutely decimated in terms of injuries and suspensions. Like their 4th string WR is now their #1 as is their 4th string CB. Deshaun Watson is awesome but he can only do so much. Mahomes would lose with this team.

Next week is against Indy and hopefully they win tonight against the Raiders so I'm cool with rooting for them next week. Houston has the SOS tiebreaker with nearly every 4 win team so we're still looking at a pick in the 8-10 range assuming no other shitty teams make a run.
raptorsfan29
Uber Member

« Reply #119 on: December 14, 2020, 08:40:08 pm »

How does the tiebreaker work for draft picks if teams have the same record?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray