Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:09:51 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Texans Draft Pick Watch
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12 Print
Author Topic: Texans Draft Pick Watch  (Read 18288 times)
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2020, 04:06:10 pm »

0-4

Things are looking REAL good for us right now. It was a close game but the Vikings aren't world beaters and they played better. Next week is against the Jags and it's winnable, but the week after is against the Titans and as long as there isn't some Covid shenanigans going on with that game, it is very likely the Texans start 1-5. With the way the NY teams are playing, forget about the top two picks, but at 1-5, we should realistically be thinking about a Top 10 pick. Hopefully, ours is much better.
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2020, 04:44:38 pm »

I forget. How did Miami pull off owning Houston's draft. Was it for Stills? And Tunsil?

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2020, 04:59:22 pm »

I forget. How did Miami pull off owning Houston's draft. Was it for Stills? And Tunsil?

Yes, the Miami front office showed Tunsil the trade proposal on the blackboard and he said he would trade him too.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2020, 09:43:58 am »

Walter Football now has Miami projected with the #4 and #8 picks in round 1... not bad at all.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2020, 10:20:30 am »

Walter Football now has Miami projected with the #4 and #8 picks in round 1... not bad at all.

I'm sure your 49ers will help Miami's draft pick status this weekend.   Smiley
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2020, 10:33:15 am »

I'm sure your 49ers will help Miami's draft pick status this weekend.   Smiley

I sure as fluck hope so... Hopefully we will have Jimmy-G back this week.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2020, 10:55:57 am »

We've been competitive against good teams and we got some easy ones coming up. We can really have 6-7 wins when the season is over. That being said, hard to say where that falls in the draft. The Giants, Jets and Falcons are truly terrible teams, so even 3 wins means you could pick 4th or 5th. The Texans are 0-4 right now and picking 4th.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2020, 02:02:03 pm »

How about Patrick Surtain II being a top 15 prospect.  Makes me feel old.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2020, 02:41:47 pm »

How about Patrick Surtain II being a top 15 prospect.  Makes me feel old.

I've drafted him a half dozen times so far between #9-#12...I really like the kid

~ Micah Leggat
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2020, 07:57:32 pm »

I've drafted him a half dozen times so far between #9-#12...I really like the kid

Too bad we are set at CB unless we want to cut bait with Xavier and his injuries.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2020, 09:23:58 am »

Too bad we are set at CB unless we want to cut bait with Xavier and his injuries.

In today's pass crazy NFL, I don't think you can ever have too many quality DBs.  If we didn't have two 1st rounders and two 2nd rounders next year, I would agree with you that they have much bigger needs than CB.  But with 4 picks in the first two rounds, I wouldn't mind at all if they spent one of them on a DB. 
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2020, 10:13:52 am »

In today's pass crazy NFL, I don't think you can ever have too many quality DBs.  If we didn't have two 1st rounders and two 2nd rounders next year, I would agree with you that they have much bigger needs than CB.  But with 4 picks in the first two rounds, I wouldn't mind at all if they spent one of them on a DB. 

If feasible with the salary cap, I would absolutely dump Xavier for Surtain. X has had a ton of injuries and personal issues, can't have that when you are the 2nd highest paid CB in the league. Unfortunately, I think we can't cut him until after the 2021 season or be killed with the cap hit.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2020, 10:20:27 am »

If feasible with the salary cap, I would absolutely dump Xavier for Surtain. X has had a ton of injuries and personal issues, can't have that when you are the 2nd highest paid CB in the league. Unfortunately, I think we can't cut him until after the 2021 season or be killed with the cap hit.

Yep, I think you are right about a lot of the decision being salary cap driven.  I'm not sure how it works with Howard's contract. 
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2020, 04:10:21 pm »

1-4

Man, the Jaguars are a HORRIBLE franchise. Just got blown out by this shitty Texans team but this was expected. The true test is next week(maybe?) against the Titans. If Tennessee is healthy, they should win. If they lose, then sadly this could be the start of a Texans run. 2-4 can be salvaged, 1-5 and it's demoralizing.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2020, 04:07:13 pm »

Insane game right now against the Titans. I feared that the Texans would wake up when O'Brien left and they did. Texans came back from a 21-10 second half deficit and the Titans needed a huge drive just to tie it up with 4 seconds left and send it to OT, assuming the Texans don't return the kickoff 100 yards.

Still, a loss and they would be 1-5 heading to Green Bay and 1-6 can be demoralizing enough. A win now? They could start a run and screw up our draft picks. Let us pray.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray