Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:36:42 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Playoff thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13 Print
Author Topic: Playoff thread  (Read 15248 times)
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #105 on: December 17, 2020, 12:33:34 pm »

Maybe you're right, maybe they've finally put together all of those pieces and aren't paper tigers anymore. 

And maybe I'm wrong as well. It certainly wouldn't be the first time I predicted team greatness based on individual talents, rather than how well they put everything together on the field.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #106 on: December 17, 2020, 08:46:06 pm »

Carr pulled his groin tonight and knowing how those injuries are I doubt he's going to be ready to play when they play the Dolphins. Mariotta is his backup. I'll reserve my judgement whether this helps the Dolphins chances in that game till I watch the rest of the game.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #107 on: December 17, 2020, 08:47:33 pm »

Carr just pulled his groin for the Raiders and is out of the game. Very unlikely he returns as a pulled groin is just not an injury you can tough it as it kills your mobility and hurts like a bitch.

They're down 7-3 to the Chargers now. If they lose, they're basically out of the playoffs, plus the Chargers get to 5 wins and leapfrog the Texans in the draft. So, two things to root for.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #108 on: December 17, 2020, 08:51:46 pm »

And with that I don't think having Mariotta under center increases the Dolphins chances.

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #109 on: December 17, 2020, 09:35:55 pm »

And with that I don't think having Mariotta under center increases the Dolphins chances.

He's definitely had a hot start, thank God Herbert is willing his team to victory.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #110 on: December 17, 2020, 10:20:28 pm »

He's definitely had a hot start, thank God Herbert is willing his team to victory.
I'm warming up to Tua, but I'd still rather have Herbert.

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #111 on: December 18, 2020, 01:46:16 am »

Talk about a potential butterfly effect if MIA ends up losing to LV:

- Tannehill doesn't play well on the Dolphins, get traded to TEN
- Mariota doesn't play well on TEN, gets benched for Tannehill
- Mariota signs with LV, Carr gets injured, Mariota replaces him
- Mariota beats MIA, knocking them out of the playoff chase

In a sense, this could be Tannehill stopping the Dolphins from reaching the playoffs again.

stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #112 on: December 18, 2020, 08:15:19 am »

I'm warming up to Tua, but I'd still rather have Herbert.
That's funny. Mayfield was the guy I really wanted.

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #113 on: December 18, 2020, 08:33:15 am »

Chargers Win!

Anthony Lynn is just the worst coach in the NFL. The in game management is Rich Kitite with a drinking problem. The Chargers job will be the most coveted in the offseason. Franchise QB, great weather, new stadium and decent amount of talent.

Raiders are basically done, let's hope they realize that next Saturday and roll over for us.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #114 on: December 18, 2020, 08:52:20 am »

Chargers Win!

Anthony Lynn is just the worst coach in the NFL. The in game management is Rich Kitite with a drinking problem. The Chargers job will be the most coveted in the offseason. Franchise QB, great weather, new stadium and decent amount of talent.

Raiders are basically done, let's hope they realize that next Saturday and roll over for us.
Best chance for Miami to make the playoffs now I believe is for Cleveland to lost to the Giants.

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #115 on: December 18, 2020, 10:13:13 am »

Best chance for Miami to make the playoffs now I believe is for Cleveland to lost to the Giants.

Let's see if Daniel Jones plays. They can lose to the Giants and Steelers, but not the Jets. So, do we own the 10-6 tiebreakers over them?
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #116 on: December 18, 2020, 10:37:45 am »

Talk about a potential butterfly effect if MIA ends up losing to LV:

- Tannehill doesn't play well on the Dolphins, get traded to TEN
- Mariota doesn't play well on TEN, gets benched for Tannehill
- Mariota signs with LV, Carr gets injured, Mariota replaces him
- Mariota beats MIA, knocking them out of the playoff chase

In a sense, this could be Tannehill stopping the Dolphins from reaching the playoffs again.

That's actually kind of funny. It's really hard to see how simple things can effect life but that is certainly the case.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #117 on: December 19, 2020, 09:26:27 am »

Let's see if Daniel Jones plays. They can lose to the Giants and Steelers, but not the Jets. So, do we own the 10-6 tiebreakers over them?
Yes. If Miami beats New England and Las Vegas and Cleveland loses to the Giants and Steelers, Miami will make the playoffs. Another scenario would be Indy losing to Houston and the Steelers and finishing 10-6 and Miami would win the tie breakers there as well. I think either of those scenario's are more likely then the Ravens losing to either the Jags or the Bengals.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2020, 09:29:36 am by Pappy13 » Logged

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #118 on: December 19, 2020, 06:50:25 pm »

Bills are killing the Broncos so they win the division, no surprise.

How the fuck did we lose to the Broncos? Might be the game that keeps us out of the playoffs.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #119 on: December 20, 2020, 04:03:02 pm »

Nothing really changed because everyone won this week with the Browns playing the Giants tonight. They lose and we are tied at 9-5, plus the Giants get that 6th win and very likely won't drop below the Texans in the draft order.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray