Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:00:03 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Russell Wilson Trade is Heating Up
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Russell Wilson Trade is Heating Up  (Read 2816 times)
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« on: February 25, 2021, 02:47:17 pm »

Russell Wilson's agent tells ESPN's Adam Schefter that he has not requested a trade, but that if he were dealt, he would waive his no-trade clause for the Cowboys, Saints, Raiders or Bears. 

That is a defacto trade request and a notice to teams to start submitting bids. This is a bizarre offseason for QBs. Starting QBs are rarely traded and we got 2 so far with 2 big ones looking to happen as well. Cowboys are intriguing in name only, Saints have zero cap space so realistically they are out, Raiders and Bears are decent fits. This is just a preliminary list though, it will grow if teams inquire but I don't know what Seattle would do after a trade. They would have to use the picks they got in return to draft a new QB but since they don't have a 1st rounder themselves, they would have to give a large majority of their haul to move into the Top 3-4 just to draft the next guy. So, in essence it would be trade Russell Wilson for Zach Wilson. You do that when you want to play Fantasy GM, not if you want to win in 2021.

Bizarre but exciting offseason.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2021, 04:24:06 pm »

I have the long-term take that Russell Wilson is a bad signing, back when he was the highest paid contract.  He costs too much money, in general.  This is especially true because even though he's good, he has size limitations that I just don't want to deal with.  I would rather have a prototype guy, but even then, I don't want a top-level contract at QB anyway.  It's just almost never worth it, especially once the person has already one for you.  It's how you end up with Joe Flacco.

I wonder what a trade would mean for my take.

I drink your milkshake!
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2021, 04:47:49 pm »

I wouldn't take him long term now because he is an old 32 due to the beatings he takes plus his size. For 1 or 2 years? He could do some damage on a team like the Colts or Bears.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2021, 10:32:44 pm »

I ust want Brady.  After next season, et's give up whatever pics we have and pay him as much as he wants us too.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2021, 10:55:24 pm »

I ust want Brady.  After next season, et's give up whatever pics we have and pay him as much as he wants us too.

And you still deny that you're not a closet Patriots fan??
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2021, 11:13:57 pm »

And you still deny that you're not a closet Patriots fan??
   How you mae a connection between my post and your statement is beyond me.  I want Brady so MIAMI can win the Super Bow

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2021, 09:19:04 am »

Cowboys are intriguing in name only, Saints have zero cap space so realistically they are out, Raiders and Bears are decent fits.
Why you say that about the Cowboys? You saying they are not a relavent team or that they will stick with Dak? I wouldn't be so sure they will stick with Dak. Cowboys are not happy with him. They got all they could from him and I think they are ready to move on. They don't want to franchise tag him again and then just lose him next year. They don't think he's worth that much money....he's probably not  Remember that I live in Dallas and hear all the talk. Cowboys are really not high on Dak which is why they franchised him last year rather then give him the long term deal he wanted and then he got hurt. I think they are ready to move on and just dragging him along as their default option if they can't get anyone else.

Now if you're saying they are not a relevant team, well I wouldn't necessarily argue with you, but I'm not so sure that's true either. They had a bad year, but they could rebound especially in the NFC East.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2021, 09:34:01 am by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2021, 09:53:41 am »

Why you say that about the Cowboys? You saying they are not a relavent team or that they will stick with Dak? I wouldn't be so sure they will stick with Dak. Cowboys are not happy with him. They got all they could from him and I think they are ready to move on. They don't want to franchise tag him again and then just lose him next year. They don't think he's worth that much money....he's probably not  Remember that I live in Dallas and hear all the talk. Cowboys are really not high on Dak which is why they franchised him last year rather then give him the long term deal he wanted and then he got hurt. I think they are ready to move on and just dragging him along as their default option if they can't get anyone else.

Now if you're saying they are not a relevant team, well I wouldn't necessarily argue with you, but I'm not so sure that's true either. They had a bad year, but they could rebound especially in the NFC East.

Dallas just isn't a good team. They are better than they were last year but I don't feel they are a contender if they replace Dak with Wilson. Combine that withhaving to forfeit many draft picks and maybe an actual player and I don't see them getting over the hump with him. play to stick with Dak and keep your draft picks, they will need them.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2021, 10:50:35 am »

People tend to give Dak too much credit IMO. I don't see him able to carry a team but really needs good WRs and a stud RB to lighten his load much like Tannehill.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2021, 10:55:07 am »

Dallas just isn't a good team. They are better than they were last year but I don't feel they are a contender if they replace Dak with Wilson. Combine that withhaving to forfeit many draft picks and maybe an actual player and I don't see them getting over the hump with him. play to stick with Dak and keep your draft picks, they will need them.
Ok, I can believe that more then I can believe that Dallas is sold on Dak.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2021, 11:24:55 am »

Ok, I can believe that more then I can believe that Dallas is sold on Dak.

I think Dallas is in a bad spot with Dak because they need a QB and he is a good QB, but he wants to be paid like he is the best QB and he is absolutely not. Now, their backs are against the wall because a 2nd franchise tag will be pricey but he just had a brutal injury. They won't tag him a third time so if they don't extend him now then he is a free agent in 2022. They are going to have to overpay or lose him in 2022.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2021, 03:51:24 pm »

In general there are a lot of average QB's that are being overpaid because teams have been afraid they will end up with someone worse.  I think teams are coming around to this fact which is why there seems to be a lot of QB movement this year.  IMO QB salaries in the future are going to come more in line with what they should be, as teams will start trading them away, thereby decreasing their value.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2021, 04:07:19 pm »

In general there are a lot of average QB's that are being overpaid because teams have been afraid they will end up with someone worse.  I think teams are coming around to this fact which is why there seems to be a lot of QB movement this year.  IMO QB salaries in the future are going to come more in line with what they should be, as teams will start trading them away, thereby decreasing their value.

I think sports salaries in general are going to start to come down.  Especially if COVID continues and state governments continue to limit attendance at sports venues.  Teams won't be able to afford these ever increasing salaries.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2021, 06:00:57 pm »

I think sports salaries in general are going to start to come down.  Especially if COVID continues and state governments continue to limit attendance at sports venues.  Teams won't be able to afford these ever increasing salaries.

Probably, but definitely for a few positions in the NFL like QB and LT. They went up too fast and a correction will come fairly soon, like how they had to change the rules for draft picks after JaMarcus Russell got like $32 Million guaranteed before he took a snap. Maybe Sam Bradford was the last straw but JaMarcus was the worst example.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2021, 09:46:37 pm »

Probably, but definitely for a few positions in the NFL like QB and LT. They went up too fast and a correction will come fairly soon, like how they had to change the rules for draft picks after JaMarcus Russell got like $32 Million guaranteed before he took a snap. Maybe Sam Bradford was the last straw but JaMarcus was the worst example.

Perfect example.  You hand a guy $32 million before he even takes a snap.  That right there is ridiculous no matter how good they actually are. 

Because of that, it used to cripple teams when they missed on top five picks.  They were pretty much stuck with that guy.  That's no longer the case
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray