Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:34:33 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Tim Tebow Signs with Jaguars
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Print
Author Topic: Tim Tebow Signs with Jaguars  (Read 14499 times)
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #135 on: August 31, 2021, 09:47:08 pm »

Wait, I thought Tebow was traded from the Broncos to the Jets?
After signing Peyton as a free agent, John Elway wanted to do good by Tebow following his playoff victory, so he let Tebow choose among the different (comparable) offers DEN had on the table.  One option was to go to JAX, where Tebow almost certainly would have been the starter; another was to go to NYJ and be Sanchez's backup.  Tebow chose the latter.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2021, 09:57:07 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #136 on: August 31, 2021, 10:04:30 pm »

^^^

What a dumbass. Why be someone's backup in a place like that when you can be a starter in your home state?
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #137 on: September 01, 2021, 12:04:00 am »

1) New York is New York; Jacksonville is Jacksonville.
2) There was a not insignificant chance that Sanchez would suck, Tebow could slide in, and reproduce the same season he had in Denver (solid defense with mediocre QB play and a few lucky breaks).  Unfortunately, the problem was that Tebow was even worse than Sanchez.

It seems likely that Tim Tebow knew that he is not a Drew Brees or a Matt Ryan.  He was never going to go to a bad team and make them good; his ceiling was to go to a good (or at least average) team and hope to coast on some lucky breaks.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2021, 12:37:29 am by Spider-Dan » Logged

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #138 on: September 01, 2021, 08:37:18 pm »

The article says Tebow made the decision because he was more comfortable with the Jets staff and thought he had a better chance of starting in New York. Solid reasons for making his choice, as misguided as his opinion of himself was.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #139 on: September 01, 2021, 10:28:01 pm »

If Tebow honestly thought he had a "better" chance to start on the Jets than on the Jaguars, he's dumber than his worst critics claim he is.  Personally, I don't think Tebow is that stupid; I think that was simply a transparent lie on his part.

In the article I cited earlier, Khan said that JAX wouldn't guarantee Tebow a starting position and that he would have to earn it in training camp, but the Jets wouldn't even go that far:

Tannenbaum emphasized that the team is committed to Sanchez.

"Mark Sanchez is, has been and will be our starting quarterback," he said, noting that he had spoken to both quarterbacks and explained their roles.

Tebow said he had a "great conversation" Wednesday with Sanchez, adding that they've been friends for several years.

"My goal is to push him to get better and to push myself to get better every day," said Tebow, who won't be introduced publicly until Friday at the earliest, "but I think we'll have a great working relationship. We'll have a great relationship off the field, and we've had that the last few years. He's such a classy guy and handles himself so well, and I'll be very honored to call him my teammate."

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #140 on: September 02, 2021, 12:51:45 pm »

Thou shalt not lie
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #141 on: December 28, 2022, 01:23:08 am »

BUMP

Tim Tebow still remains in the exclusive club of quarterbacks that have more playoffs wins than the Dolphins since 2001.

Unless a miracle happens in two weeks, it will stay that way.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #142 on: December 28, 2022, 11:28:03 pm »

BUMP

Tim Tebow still remains in the exclusive club of quarterbacks that have more playoffs wins than the Dolphins since 2001.

Unless a miracle happens in two weeks, it will stay that way.

Yeah there's dozens of others that fall into this category, not really a relevant category.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #143 on: December 29, 2022, 12:29:31 am »

Sure is a relevant category.  It's a measure of how pathetic the Dolphins are.     

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray