Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 03:59:55 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Dolphins Acquire Tyreek Hill for 5 Draft Picks
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Dolphins Acquire Tyreek Hill for 5 Draft Picks  (Read 2589 times)
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« on: March 23, 2022, 12:48:58 pm »

Chiefs are trading six-time Pro-Bowl WR Tyreek Hill to the Miami Dolphins for five draft picks: a 2022 1st-round pick (No. 29), a 2nd-round pick (No. 50) and a 4th-round pick, as well as 4th- and 6th-round picks in the 2023 draft, sources tell ESPN.

Big price to pay but understandable. The real "blow" to us is losing our first 2 picks of this draft plus the 4th rounder, but we made our upgrades elsewhere so we can absorb the hit. Losing a 4th and a 6th next year is nothing alarming at all.

It's all on Tua now. No more excuses. Might have the best receving corps in the whole league. If he doesn't have a great year now, he's done.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2022, 12:51:53 pm »

Huge huge deal here.   No one will be able to cover Hill and Waddle at the same time.   Find a big guy who can grab jump balls and this receiving corps will be unstoppable.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2022, 12:52:02 pm »

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2022, 12:54:25 pm »

Huge huge deal here.   No one will be able to cover Hill and Waddle at the same time.   Find a big guy who can grab jump balls and this receiving corps will be unstoppable.

Cedrick Wilson Jr. is no slouch either. Gesicki is our 4th option. I guess this means Parker is on the trading block(preferred) or he is depth. Very happy the team realzied he couldn't be counted on for anything. Gives me lots of hope that the new regime understands.

Not to be too much of a homer, but don't we now have the best receiving corps in the league? Who is better than this?
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2022, 01:02:38 pm »

Unloading talent for draft picks did not work

I guess now they are trying the opposite route.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2022, 01:06:01 pm »

Hill signed a 4 year/$120 Million extension with $72 Million guaranteed. The AAV was expcted.

We are in win now mode and still have two 1st rounders next year. I like having draft picks but there comes a time where you have to cash them in for established talent. I'm sure Buffalo doesn't regret trading a 1st rounder for Diggs.

Lots of cuts coming now. We very likely shouldn't have an issue cutting and restructuring people to make the math work but we are very likely done shopping now. I wanted Tretter but this is more than a consolation prize.

Parker is 99% gone now. Might not even get a 6th for him but the prick can play well when motivated so I would prefer not to trade him within the AFC.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2022, 01:32:07 pm »

This should be the expected reaction to the Rams' Super Bowl win.  Teams are seeing that trading high-value picks for established talent can pay off right now, with a greater return than burning pick after pick in the draft.

stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2022, 01:32:33 pm »

That's great and all, but Tua will need the time to be able to get the ball to Hill, Waddle etc... can't make big throws from being flat on his back.

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2022, 01:51:17 pm »

That's great and all, but Tua will need the time to be able to get the ball to Hill, Waddle etc... can't make big throws from being flat on his back.

Agreed, but we got Armstead and Collins, both great guys at their positions. It greatly improves the line. We could've went more but we got Hill instead and I can't blame them for that. Combine that with better coaching and I think we will be alright in that regard. Maybe not a Top 10 unit but even becoming the 17th best unit is a massive upgrade and opens up the run game.
Dolfanalyst
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2022, 03:02:27 pm »

This is the value of having a QB on a rookie contract.  You can go out and trade for and sign the Tyreek Hills of the world, while his former team can't afford to pay him and its QB.  Same thing went on in Green Bay with Rodgers and Adams.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2022, 03:15:14 pm »

I'm getting my ticket for the hype train.

I drink your milkshake!
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2022, 03:17:49 pm »

I'm not

If and when they clinch a playoff spot next year, I'll celebrate like a fool

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2022, 03:25:39 pm »

This is the value of having a QB on a rookie contract.  You can go out and trade for and sign the Tyreek Hills of the world, while his former team can't afford to pay him and its QB.  Same thing went on in Green Bay with Rodgers and Adams.

And your top offensive player in Waddle on a rookie deal as well. Unless something catastrophic happens, we got Tyreek Hill and Jaylen Waddle for the next 4 years. That's a hell of a 1-2 punch. We are built to win within the next 1-3 years. After that, tough decisions will have to be mad ebut that's the entire NFL. No one is setup for 8years of success. It's very hard to maintain it due to the salary cap and injuries, which is why the Patriots were such an anomaly. Go for it now, there is no tomorrow. I've had enough of mediocrity and not winning a playoff game in 2 decades.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2022, 04:48:32 pm »

+1

I've been fooled by hype before, but this seems like Miami is really going to make a jump forward after two consecutive winning seasons.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2022, 05:56:24 pm »

+1

I've been fooled by hype before, but this seems like Miami is really going to make a jump forward after two consecutive winning seasons.
Been around a long time and I can't really remember having a team this talented since the Wanny years and I'm much higher on Tua than Feidler. For that matter I think Teddy is a much better option than Fiedler was so even if Tua gets hurt we are in pretty decent shape. Obviously anything can happen but I'd be really surprised of we didn't progress a step or two this year.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray