Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:56:13 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Comey used a private e-mail account to conduct official FBI business
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Print
Author Topic: Comey used a private e-mail account to conduct official FBI business  (Read 14041 times)
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #60 on: June 20, 2018, 11:40:48 am »

CF, you must just peddle what Fox News and others say when it comes to things like this. Obama did it too, where was the outrage! Well, again, facts are kind of important. I know you don't like them, but they're there if you look. Obama rarely separated families, and more often than not, they were reunited. This administration is doing things in an unprecedented scale and NOT returning the kids to their parents. It's a deliberate policy they are enforcing to cause this harm. On top of that, having the Bible guide your policy of separating kids (see Jeff Sessions), then you get into even more trouble (hi separation of church and state). Of course, Jeff Sessions kind of stopped early in quote of the bible verse, because a few sentences letter, he would have gotten the point.

Using reason to try reaching someone on the far right? That's a bold move, mister!

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Cathal
Uber Member

« Reply #61 on: June 20, 2018, 01:55:45 pm »

Using reason to try reaching someone on the far right? That's a bold move, mister!

I know, I know. But if we don't do that, we're no better than them.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #62 on: June 20, 2018, 03:03:15 pm »

You guys are too funny!

Peter Fonda has been on a terror lately. More overcoming the supposed hate with ... even more so called hate. Will there be liberal uproar? I won't hold my breath.  Hypocrisy of everyone has to be at an all time high.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 03:08:38 pm by CF DolFan » Logged

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #63 on: June 20, 2018, 03:33:47 pm »

Trump has signed an executive order to stop separating families so now you can move on to complaining about

A) how long it took him to do it
B) Why Trump made the sky blue
C) immigrant homelessness in California caused by Trump
D) whatever problem that has been around for decades but now comes up in the MSM so it's Trumps's fault
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 03:36:37 pm by CF DolFan » Logged

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #64 on: June 20, 2018, 03:47:30 pm »

Trump has signed an executive order to stop separating families so now you can move on to complaining about

D) whatever problem that has been around for decades but now comes up in the MSM so it's Trumps's fault
Nope, I bet it's back to "the evil assault weapons".

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #65 on: June 20, 2018, 03:54:30 pm »

Or any of the eleventy billion "real" things that you inexplicably accept, ignore or deflect.

(edited post mortem for heinous typo)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 01:02:10 pm by Sunstroke » Logged

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #66 on: June 20, 2018, 04:33:31 pm »

You guys are too funny!

Peter Fonda has been on a terror lately. More overcoming the supposed hate with ... even more so called hate. Will there be liberal uproar? I won't hold my breath.  Hypocrisy of everyone has to be at an all time high.

I am not as concerned with what an actor says as I am with the actions of the President of United States.  Peter Fonda concerns me about as much as Rosanna Barr both made equally outrageous comments one had her show canceled the other is being investigated by the secret service. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #67 on: June 20, 2018, 04:36:50 pm »

I am not as concerned with what an actor says as I am with the actions of the President of United States.  Peter Fonda concerns me about as much as Rosanna Barr both made equally outrageous comments one had her show canceled the other is being investigated by the secret service. 
Great analogy Hoodie!  MSM and the liberal public crucified Rosanne! I'm sure the rage about Peter Fonda will be coming very soon!

BTW ... I saw a Facebook post calling Trump a dictator for going around Congress. I guess I missed that one.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 04:38:27 pm by CF DolFan » Logged

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #68 on: June 20, 2018, 04:38:08 pm »

Trump has signed an executive order to stop separating families  

I am glad he did.  My hope is that this will strengthen the majority of republicans leaders who know that the president is nuts to be more willing to stand up to him on things like getting in a trade war, praise brutal dictators, adding a 6th branch of the military that not even his sec of def wants, his praise of neo-nazi's etc,  Because the reality is what stopped Trump wasn't him coming to his senses or the democrats, but the opposition from his own party.  

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #69 on: June 20, 2018, 04:41:43 pm »

Great analogy Hoodie!  MSM and the liberal public crucified Rosanne! I'm sure the rage about Peter Fonda will be coming very soon!

He doesn't have a show.  Criticism of Rosanne ceased when the show got canceled. 

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #70 on: June 20, 2018, 04:46:40 pm »

He doesn't have a show.  Criticism of Rosanne ceased when the show got canceled. 
hahahaha no it didn't. Her show got cancelled the following day ... less than 24 hours after her tweet.  Must be nice to live in a revisionist world. Makes it convenient to believe what you want.

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #71 on: June 20, 2018, 05:29:57 pm »

Good news, everyone!  The Democrat Party finally caved and passed a bill changing the law that was forcing Trump (and the presidents before him) to put immigrant toddlers in child detention camps as a deterrent to their parents.

...oh, wait, Congress didn't actually have to do anything to end this policy of choice and the Trump Administration was lying this whole time?  Unpossible, I say!

Even though the government is no longer snatching toddlers from the arms of their parents, I bet this is STILL not enough to satisfy the libs.  We're probably still going to hear them crying over a couple thousand kids that remain in cages, even though the government agreed not to add any more!  Snowflakes, the lot of them.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 05:34:52 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #72 on: June 20, 2018, 07:38:55 pm »

I don't want to come across as defending the policy but from what I understand, the detainees are committing a crime because they are not coming to authorized points of entry. It is hard to apply for asylum when you are trying to avoid legal entry to start the process.

If someone breaks the law they have to be arrested and cannot be with their kids.
False.  There is no part of currently existing law that mandates that immigrant children must be separated from their parents for the prosecution of a misdemeanor crime (which makes sense, since both parent and child would be allegedly committing the same crime); in fact, there is no requirement that even the parents be held in custody for a misdemeanor offense in the first place.  This was a choice by the Trump Administration, and Jeff Sessions said it was specifically to deter immigration.

I wouldn't hold your breath on this actually ending the separation of children from their parents, though.  There is an existing consent decree that says that immigrant children may not be held in detention for longer than 20 days, so after 20 days the government is required to release the children from custody.  Three guesses as to what happens to the families then.

In other words, Trump's "solution" to this problem appears to be cleverly engineered to create an excuse for him to keep the toddler concentration camps detention centers open as the issue winds its way through the courts.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 07:50:43 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #73 on: June 21, 2018, 12:50:16 pm »

False.  There is no part of currently existing law that mandates that immigrant children must be separated from their parents for the prosecution of a misdemeanor crime (which makes sense, since both parent and child would be allegedly committing the same crime); in fact, there is no requirement that even the parents be held in custody for a misdemeanor offense in the first place.  This was a choice by the Trump Administration, and Jeff Sessions said it was specifically to deter immigration.

I wouldn't hold your breath on this actually ending the separation of children from their parents, though.  There is an existing consent decree that says that immigrant children may not be held in detention for longer than 20 days, so after 20 days the government is required to release the children from custody.  Three guesses as to what happens to the families then.

In other words, Trump's "solution" to this problem appears to be cleverly engineered to create an excuse for him to keep the toddler concentration camps detention centers open as the issue winds its way through the courts.
So basically what you're saying is that open borders are OK with you. Just let people come here and stay regardless of anything else, just as long as they say that they want asylum. Please enlighten everyone on what you guys really want. Because to me it seems to change depending on whether a R or D is in the White House.

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #74 on: June 21, 2018, 02:20:26 pm »

Just let people come here and stay regardless of anything else, just as long as they say that they want asylum.
Provided that their application for asylum is accepted, yes, that is what the law directs.  You are a big fan of following the law elsewhere, so I'd think you should be in favor of this.

I find it bizarre that the "limited government" crowd seems to believe that in the case of illegal immigration - a federal misdemeanor, not unlike depicting Smokey The Bear without official authorization - suspects should be treated like violent felons and treated as harshly as possible.  If you think illegal immigration should be changed to some sort of superfelony, then you should advocate for the law to be changed to reflect that.  But the current law (in a nation of immigrants) treats backdoor immigration from people who just want to live here peacefully and make a life for themselves as a minor offense, not the dire threat to the republic that you consider it.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray