Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 06:53:48 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Sports Illustrated ranks Dolphins quarterback situation worst in NFL
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print
Author Topic: Sports Illustrated ranks Dolphins quarterback situation worst in NFL  (Read 12720 times)
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2019, 07:28:09 pm »

My concern about sucking or tanking for the #1 hot prospect that is lights out in college and is on the top of everyone’s wish list is that what if he in reality is another John Manziel or Ryan Leaf? I wonder if it would be better to play well enough to attract a top well established free agent that has proven himself to be a winner, or to become an attractive trade destination for a top notch guy.

I think an even larger problem is you don’t create a winning culture by tanking, you create a culture of losing and not caring.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2019, 08:41:38 am »

I think an even larger problem is you don’t create a winning culture by tanking, you create a culture of losing and not caring.
That too. Good point.

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2019, 09:44:12 am »

Agreed, but there is a difference between a 5 win team playing disappointing and only winning 2 games and a legit 1-2 win team only winning 1-2 games. We are raiding the AAF so we are a legit 1-2 win team. After this season where God willing we go no better than 1-15, we have the draft picks and cap space to jump right up to 7-9 wins if we are smart. So, that losing culture would go away very quickly.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2019, 01:00:35 pm »

Agreed, but there is a difference between a 5 win team playing disappointing and only winning 2 games and a legit 1-2 win team only winning 1-2 games. We are raiding the AAF so we are a legit 1-2 win team. After this season where God willing we go no better than 1-15, we have the draft picks and cap space to jump right up to 7-9 wins if we are smart. So, that losing culture would go away very quickly.

Once you are out of the playoff race, players will stop carrying and develop poor work habits; if that happens in December very good chance you can turn that around next year.  But if the culture in the locker room this year starting during training camp is we don’t have a chance this year, the season long bad habits won’t be easy to change next year.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2019, 02:05:51 pm »

No one is tanking. They are playing to win and that's why they brought in Fitzpatrick. Unfortunately the team will have so many holes that it isn't expected to be very competitive.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2019, 01:56:28 pm »

Rather than start a new thread for such a small blip, I'll post this here.

Josh Rosen has unfollowed the Cardinals on all forms of social media. I know it seems ridiculous but it's pretty clear that he will be traded soon and his reaction to that is incredibly childish. Yeah, the Cardinals screwed this up every which way but this is a grown man acting like a 14 year old on Instagram.

I didn't really want him before and I certainly don't want him now. We have leaders and high character people like Mikah and Wilkins, let's not add a cancer just because the price is right. Fitz is a great bridge QB who also has a good rep. I would much rather have him teach Tua the ropes than sit for this asshole who probably wouldn't listen to him anyway.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2019, 03:02:36 pm »

Maybe he just doesn't want to read anything about the trade rumors that are swirling. Can't say that I blame him.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2019, 03:06:42 pm »

ProFootballTalk says we are close to acquiring him for our 2nd rounder this year.

I don't like this at all. We just signed Fitzpatrick, now he is a backup? Can't trade for Rosen and sit him a year, eh has to play the whole year. A 2nd rounder is way too high of a price to pay for this guy, I soured on a 3rd rounder as well. We really can't say that if he doesn't work out then we will just draft a QB in 2020 because we gave up a 2nd rounder for him, that's a steep price for a team that has holes all over the field.

I hope this falls through.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2019, 03:08:24 pm »

Rather than start a new thread for such a small blip, I'll post this here.

Josh Rosen has unfollowed the Cardinals on all forms of social media. I know it seems ridiculous but it's pretty clear that he will be traded soon and his reaction to that is incredibly childish. Yeah, the Cardinals screwed this up every which way but this is a grown man acting like a 14 year old on Instagram.

I didn't really want him before and I certainly don't want him now. We have leaders and high character people like Mikah and Wilkins, let's not add a cancer just because the price is right. Fitz is a great bridge QB who also has a good rep. I would much rather have him teach Tua the ropes than sit for this asshole who probably wouldn't listen to him anyway.

I don’t see this as a big issue.  If he wasn’t pissed off today, I would be concerned.  Probably a good idea not to follow them, then all day get notifications about the latest Murray highlight film.  

If a team feels he could be a long term solution he is worth perusing, but if the Dolphins trade for him, it should be to have him start, with Fitz as back up.  If you don’t think he is better than Fitz don’t trade for him.

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2019, 03:10:41 pm »

ProFootballTalk says we are close to acquiring him for our 2nd rounder this year.

I don't like this at all. We just signed Fitzpatrick, now he is a backup? Can't trade for Rosen and sit him a year, eh has to play the whole year. A 2nd rounder is way too high of a price to pay for this guy, I soured on a 3rd rounder as well. We really can't say that if he doesn't work out then we will just draft a QB in 2020 because we gave up a 2nd rounder for him, that's a steep price for a team that has holes all over the field.

I hope this falls through.
The trade is speculation and you already have him replacing Fitzpatrick as the starter? Geez, come down off the ledge. It's gonna be alright, really it is.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2019, 03:13:10 pm »

The trade is speculation and you already have him replacing Fitzpatrick as the starter? Geez, come down off the ledge. It's gonna be alright, really it is.

if you don’t think he is better thab fitz why trade for him?

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2019, 03:17:59 pm »

^He was a top 10 pick a year ago, he'll likely be better than Fitz at one point, but not right away. 
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2019, 03:19:08 pm »

if you don’t think he is better thab fitz why trade for him?
How about we have them both compete for the job? Something wrong with that approach? Then if one goes down you have someone with at least some NFL experience playing QB and not joe shmoe. Unless of course that's your "plan" right there. Nice plan.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 03:20:57 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2019, 03:20:51 pm »

https://twitter.com/AndrewBrandt/status/1121572071220363266?s=20

Josh Rosen now becomes the best financial bargain in the NFL. Cardinals paid the bonus ($11 million); new team would get him for $6 million over three years plus a team option. Incredible value. #NFLDraft2019

$6 million over 3 years for a potential franchise QB.  2nd rounder is not too steep for that.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2019, 03:22:19 pm »

...but on the other hand...

https://twitter.com/MattyInfante/status/1121845061879312384

So @RapSheet just said on NFL Network that a Josh Rosen trade "is not close." @MikeGarafolo says the Dolphins feel a second round pick "is too high of a price" and the deal "is definitely not on the verge of being done." Deep breath, everyone.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray