Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:58:49 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Texans Draft Pick Watch
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12 Print
Author Topic: Texans Draft Pick Watch  (Read 18619 times)
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #60 on: November 03, 2020, 02:02:47 pm »

I just looked up the Jets head coaches. They only have two in their history with a winning record and one only coached a year. Man they suck.

It's time to start putting some money down on betting sites that they go 0-16. The odds won't be this good for much longer. By Week 13 it will be even money.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #61 on: November 05, 2020, 08:40:36 am »

The Texans didn't make one move. They wanted too much for Fuller and now he will walk as a free agent because they don't have the cap space for him.

This may be the second worst run franchise in the NFL. The owner said the playoffs were a possibility THIS YEAR. I hope they lose out, not just for the draft picks but because the owner deserves it. Go 2-14, not have your first pick until the 3rd round and be over the cap at the same time. I'm sure the 2021 team will win the division.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #62 on: November 05, 2020, 02:21:51 pm »

The Texans just had a COVID outbreak. So far, 3 linebackers are out including Mercilus, Dylan Cole and Jake Martin but there may be others. I wish them nothing but the best and hope they are fine in a few days with no symptoms, but it's noteworthy for Sunday's game.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #63 on: November 05, 2020, 02:37:16 pm »

The Texans just had a COVID outbreak. So far, 3 linebackers are out including Mercilus, Dylan Cole and Jake Martin but there may be others. I wish them nothing but the best and hope they are fine in a few days with no symptoms, but it's noteworthy for Sunday's game.

At this point I could see the game pushed to Monday or Tuesday to be safe.

They probably should just call it a tie and move on to the following week since they are playing the Jags. lol
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #64 on: November 05, 2020, 02:43:39 pm »

At this point I could see the game pushed to Monday or Tuesday to be safe.

They probably should just call it a tie and move on to the following week since they are playing the Jags. lol

"Instead of moving you to prime time on Tuesday, you will each be given a loss so we won't have to subject the country to your sad style of football."
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #65 on: November 08, 2020, 04:26:10 pm »

2-6

Shit! The Texans beat the Jags by 2 points because they couldn't nail the 2 point conversion. This is a terrible fucking team and they shouldn't be rewarded with victories.

Hopefully, this is their last win of the season. They don't get to play the Jaguars anymore so it is possible.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #66 on: November 08, 2020, 06:04:20 pm »

2-6

Shit! The Texans beat the Jags by 2 points because they couldn't nail the 2 point conversion. This is a terrible fucking team and they shouldn't be rewarded with victories.

Hopefully, this is their last win of the season. They don't get to play the Jaguars anymore so it is possible.

Would have been nice to see the Jags win, but I'm encouraged by the fact that a horrible team like the Jags played the Texans tough.  Too early in the year to spend any time trying to figure out what their pick will be so I'm just going to keep rooting for them to lose every week.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #67 on: November 08, 2020, 06:58:16 pm »

Would have been nice to see the Jags win, but I'm encouraged by the fact that a horrible team like the Jags played the Texans tough.  Too early in the year to spend any time trying to figure out what their pick will be so I'm just going to keep rooting for them to lose every week.

Yeah, I'm not really watching the draft standings and doing mocks based off of those. I'm just rooting for them to lose and the other shitty teams to win. Anything before Week 15 is way premature.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #68 on: November 09, 2020, 08:37:13 am »

When it comes to mock drafts, I have no problem whatsoever with being premature. :-)

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #69 on: November 09, 2020, 09:16:06 am »

When it comes to mock drafts, I have no problem whatsoever with being premature. :-)

The problems with those are if the Texans stay in the 3-5 range for many weeks, you start talking yourself into a player like Ja'Marr Chase and how much he will help the team, and then the Texans win in Week 17 and you're picking 7th now and Chase is gone. So, you end up having the 7th overall pick but being disappointed with it.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #70 on: November 09, 2020, 10:09:52 am »

The problems with those are if the Texans stay in the 3-5 range for many weeks, you start talking yourself into a player like Ja'Marr Chase and how much he will help the team, and then the Texans win in Week 17 and you're picking 7th now and Chase is gone. So, you end up having the 7th overall pick but being disappointed with it.

Yeah, none of that really applies to me. There are always a half dozen players, minimum, that I like for each draft slot...or each position of need. My goal when I mock is to add as much talent across all of the positions of need. No Jamarr Chase? No problem... I like Waddle later in the round...I like Rico Collins in round 3.

The biggest reason that I like mocking early is that it puts players in my head that I might not have considered before, and gives me more reasons to watch specific college games.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #71 on: November 09, 2020, 10:23:28 pm »

Jets up 10 over the Patriots heading to the 4th. This would be the Jets first win and solidify the Patriots as a terrible team. Draft implications galore.

EDIT: And they lost because they are the Jets and losing is what they do. They are playing more competitively lately though and could end up with 1-2 wins, hopefully none against us.

The Redskins, Giants and Cowboys are currently drafting 3, 4 and 5 which is so bad that the NFC East should be relegated. Bring up the ACC in it's place.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2020, 08:49:08 am by EDGECRUSHER » Logged
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #72 on: November 15, 2020, 04:29:44 pm »

2-7

Losers! It was a boring game in Cleveland due to the weather but the Texans still lost. At this point, even with the expanded format, the Texans would have to go 7-0 to have a shot at the playoffs. The worst ownership in the league.

The Giants won as well, leapfrogging Houston in the draft order. Sadly, the Jags lost a close one and the Redskins lost on a 59 yard FG as time expired so both are still ahead of H0uston in the drafting order. Currently, we will pick 5th.  I think we would all be thrilled with that, we just have fantasies of the Jets and Jaguars winning a few close ones and us getting a Top 2 pick so we could hold it for ransom.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #73 on: November 15, 2020, 06:53:16 pm »

Sadly, the Browns winning hurts Miami's playoff chances

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #74 on: November 15, 2020, 07:21:46 pm »

Sadly, the Browns winning hurts Miami's playoff chances

Yeah, but at 6-3 we control our own destiny right now. So, let them beat the Texans.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray