Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 03:33:05 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Are We f*ckin Doing this Again?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Print
Author Topic: Are We f*ckin Doing this Again?  (Read 7349 times)
hordman
Uber Member

Email
« on: August 29, 2021, 08:36:10 am »

The boy texts me yesterday and lets me know about the Watson chatter.....AGAIN

I didn't or won't believe it, but I went out to the interwebs again and sure enough, there is it is.

How OR why would the Dolphins take him via a trade?  Why give up on Tua NOW and trade for a possibility that a guy could miss some or al of this season?  Why throw the season away on a player like Watson?

Dave Hyde speaks on this

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/dave-hyde/fl-sp-hyde-watson-dolphins-20210828-l7tdsqrdmnbjvfrnmguthzwdmy-story.html

I just don't see a positive outcome for this if they pull the trigger.  I will be sorely disappointed, especially being a Bama fan and in turn happy to see Tau draft by my Fins. I've been a lifelong fan (40+ years) and for them to make this happen and actually bring hm here would surely test my allegiance to this club.

So disappointing to still hear this chatter 2 weeks prior to the start of the season

I'd rather be lucky than good.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2021, 12:03:33 pm »

It's insane and makes no sense why they are revisiting this. Watson is in legal trouble and has a no trade. Tua is playing well and Week 1 is right around the corner. Why would Miami trade AT LEAST 3 First Rounders and 2 2nd Rounders for Watson now? Why would anyone?

After the draft, a trade was almost at 0%, now it is at 0%.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2021, 08:25:26 pm »

Actual old school sports reporters (am I the only one who remembers Edwin Pope) must spin in their graves as their contemporaries spin tales and float ideas that have about a 0.0001% chance of ever happening just to get people to read their columns.  Sportwriters today are like teenagers doing the latest "challenge" on Instagram for attention.  Watson isn't coming to Miami.  No way, no how, not going to happen. 
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2021, 10:57:23 pm »

I would just like to say that none of this would be necessary if they drafted Herbert like I said they should have.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2021, 06:57:57 am »

Stinnett actually looked pretty good against Cincy.   We've got our project third string QB.  Hopefully he will develop into a capable backup/spot starter.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2021, 08:33:27 am »

Actual old school sports reporters (am I the only one who remembers Edwin Pope) must spin in their graves as their contemporaries spin tales and float ideas that have about a 0.0001% chance of ever happening just to get people to read their columns.  Sportwriters today are like teenagers doing the latest "challenge" on Instagram for attention.  Watson isn't coming to Miami.  No way, no how, not going to happen. 

It's not like it's early July either and news is slow, the season is about to start and preseaosn games are being played. No reason to post nonsense like this for clicks.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2021, 09:13:48 am »

I think this is getting pushed by the Watson's agent. The texans probably called the dolphins said, hey .. take this guy off our hands .. 3 firsts .. 2 seconds and we'll take tua back. Greer said fuck no. And that agent leaked to the press trying to drive the trade cost down to get his client out of that dumpster fire houston team.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2021, 09:59:33 am »

I think this is getting pushed by the Watson's agent. The texans probably called the dolphins said, hey .. take this guy off our hands .. 3 firsts .. 2 seconds and we'll take tua back. Greer said fuck no. And that agent leaked to the press trying to drive the trade cost down to get his client out of that dumpster fire houston team.
How would the agent know unless the Texans called him? I don't think they have to let Watson's agent know they have talked to someone about a possible trade but maybe they do. Don't think the Dolphins could talk directly to the agent since Watson is under contract with Houston.

I think the most likely scenario is that everyone but the Dolphins have officially dropped out of the race making the Dolphins the front runner, but as another article stated no one is running very fast. LOL
« Last Edit: August 30, 2021, 10:06:27 am by Pappy13 » Logged

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2021, 10:21:15 am »

How would the agent know unless the Texans called him? I don't think they have to let Watson's agent know they have talked to someone about a possible trade but maybe they do. Don't think the Dolphins could talk directly to the agent since Watson is under contract with Houston.

I think the most likely scenario is that everyone but the Dolphins have officially dropped out of the race making the Dolphins the front runner, but as another article stated no one is running very fast. LOL

With his legal troubles and the season starting next week, would you even do Tua for Watson straight up? Forget about the draft picks or fair market value, no team serious with contending can trade for a new QB right before Week 1 without a rocky start.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2021, 01:53:03 pm »

With his legal troubles and the season starting next week, would you even do Tua for Watson straight up?
No, but who's to say they aren't thinking about giving up lets say a 1 and a 2 and maybe even a player not Tua (Brisset?) or something for Watson and keeping Tua? Would I do that? I might. Watson is going to play again at some point, I think you can count on that. Maybe not this year and maybe not next year, but if you have a chance to put him on your roster and keep Tua? I'm interested anyway. And maybe the Dolphins are a LOT higher on Brisset then we realize? He didn't play at all on Sunday. Maybe just maybe they think that if Brisset had to start the season but they had some assurance that Watson could play at least part of 2021 you can part with Tua? I don't know, I think the Dolphins are just testing the water and seeing what's there. I don't think they like the idea of losing Tua but I think they really like the idea of getting Watson on the roster and then seeing what they can do with him. There's a lot of possibilities to consider and I think the Dolphins are considering all of them. They won't do something stupid like put all their eggs in one basket with Watson, but it's foolish not to consider possibilities.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2021, 02:00:02 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2021, 02:41:45 pm »

Is there any credible reporting that this Watson thing is real?

The most I've seen is that it's rumored and Flores won't shut down the rumor...he just won't answer to rumors.

I drink your milkshake!
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2021, 03:00:24 pm »

The most I've seen is that it's rumored and Flores won't shut down the rumor...he just won't answer to rumors.
The question is why not? What's the harm in saying "We are not trying to trade for Watson"? I'll tell you the harm, the harm is that they may actually want Watson on their team at some point and they don't want him to invoke his no trade clause, so they aren't saying anything. So that doesn't mean they are actively seeking a trade, but it also may mean that they aren't ruling it out either. I'm pretty sure they haven't ruled it out, it just comes down to when is the price right?

Houston has a problem that Miami doesn't have. Watson wants to play for Miami, he doesn't want to play for Houston. That's Miami's edge right now and they don't want to give that up. The legal issues will work themselves out eventually and then Watson is going to be playing football again. The question is for whom?
« Last Edit: August 30, 2021, 03:08:26 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2021, 03:30:40 pm »

Watson isn't coming to Miami...and Tua isn't going anywhere except to the playoffs with Miami.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2021, 03:44:04 pm »

Reporter from NFL Insider says that the Texans are preparing to make Watson inactive every week. He has shown up to team meetings and isn't refusing to play but he doesn't want to be there and apparently the Texans don't want him either. This isn't the first report that Houston would make him a healthy scratch during the season.

I still say we try to trade for more of their 1st rounders somehow, they will be Top 3 again.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2021, 05:33:11 pm »

he's a very very .. VERY expensive healthy scratch .. good luck to them
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray