Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 10:10:32 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Are We f*ckin Doing this Again?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Print
Author Topic: Are We f*ckin Doing this Again?  (Read 7353 times)
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2021, 09:23:03 pm »

Never underestimate the stupidity of the Houston Texans organization.  I thought getting rid of O'Brien would be a big step forward, but they don't seem much smarter without him. 
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2021, 08:37:45 am »

Never underestimate the stupidity of the Houston Texans organization.  I thought getting rid of O'Brien would be a big step forward, but they don't seem much smarter without him. 

The people who gave him total control are still there so they will never get better until the owners leave.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2021, 08:47:54 am »

The people who gave him total control are still there so they will never get better until the owners leave.

Good point.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2021, 09:41:35 am »

This is pretty dumb to me as no one even knows if he will ever play again so he isn't worth a whole lot right now. I don't care what Flores says to media but I really, really, hope they are keeping Tua and his agent at peace.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2021, 01:29:51 pm »

Good grief!!

Mike Florio reports just now that Stephen Ross "really wants" Watson.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2021, 01:37:15 pm »

Good grief!!

Mike Florio reports just now that Stephen Ross "really wants" Watson.

Thank God we don't have the cap space or draft picks to meet Houston's ridiculous demands.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2021, 08:56:33 am »

When I remove emotion from the equation and look at the Watson thing from a purely business perspective, I don't know why any team would give a LOT for Watson considering there is a good chance that he goes to prison and a decent chance that if he goes to prison, he never takes another NFL snap.  I sure wouldn't want to be the GM that pulls the trigger on something like multiple 1st round picks for a guy who never takes the field.  That would probably be career suicide for a GM and I just don't know that very many would risk that much. 
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2021, 09:03:50 am »

When I remove emotion from the equation and look at the Watson thing from a purely business perspective, I don't know why any team would give a LOT for Watson considering there is a good chance that he goes to prison and a decent chance that if he goes to prison, he never takes another NFL snap.  I sure wouldn't want to be the GM that pulls the trigger on something like multiple 1st round picks for a guy who never takes the field.  That would probably be career suicide for a GM and I just don't know that very many would risk that much. 

I think prison is unlikely as the burden of proof is high and would have to be met, but the legal issues will linger for a long time. He might serve a suspension or just be distracted by it for quite awhile. Until this is behind him, not worth it. Maybe a team like the Broncos would trade a 2nd rounder for him but no one is giving up market value for Watson right now. That's just insanity.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2021, 09:21:41 am »

There's no way he ends up in prison unless something comes out a whole lot worse than what he's been charged with up to this point. He'd settle out of court before it came to that I have no doubt about it. Now is he a scumbag of the 1st order? Yes. Does he deserve to be in prison? No and he's got the money and the ability to earn more to fight this. The charges will go away, the stigma will never go away but he'll be playing football again in under 2 years in my opinion, maybe even next year.

Look at it this way, the whole me too movement that just went through Hollywood, have any of those guys ended up in prison? Not to my knowledge. They are no longer working in Hollywood, but in my opinion what they did was way worse than what Watson is accused of.

Just a reminder that there was video of Robert Kraft soliciting sex for cash and he's not in prison. He didn't even lose his job, in fact I think all the charges against him have been dropped and they had it on videotape which Kraft successfully got thrown out.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2021, 09:29:40 am by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2021, 12:49:57 pm »

The biggest target, Harvey Weinstein went to prison and so did Bill Cosby. That's just from the top of my head
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2021, 01:00:05 pm »

The biggest target, Harvey Weinstein went to prison and so did Bill Cosby. That's just from the top of my head

Lots of proof of rape from those guys including a (now illegal) confession from Cosby, so far nothing but accusations for Watson. That could change but it's been awhile now and nothing yet so it's unlikely too. A suspension could still happen because the NFLPA is a joke that lets their players get suspended for accusations only, but jail time is quite unlikely. Any jail time for these charges is basically the end of his career, no one does only 2 years for rape unless their Father is a Judge or Senator.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2021, 01:32:24 pm »

...no one does only 2 years for rape unless their Father is a Judge or Senator.

Dad was on board of Governors...and she swore she was 19 anyway.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2021, 02:21:15 pm »

Dad was on board of Governors...and she swore she was 19 anyway.

For some reason your comment made me flash to the scene in the movie Animal House where the girl passes out and Tom Hulce's character has the little angel over one shoulder and the little devil over the other one trying to convince him what he should do.   Grin
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2021, 03:15:07 pm »

^^^ A truly excellent scene in one of the classic comedies of all time.

"F*** her, F*** her brains out!"

To bring it back to topic...the girl from Animal House is not one of the women alleging sexual harassment against Watson.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2021, 04:24:27 pm »

^^^ A truly excellent scene in one of the classic comedies of all time.

"F*** her, F*** her brains out!"

To bring it back to topic...the girl from Animal House is not one of the women alleging sexual harassment against Watson.

Nice save to keep us on point. 
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray