Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:14:22 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  The Draft
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: The Draft  (Read 1861 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: April 27, 2023, 02:55:44 pm »

I want Miami to focus on the pass rush this draft.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2023, 03:03:25 pm »

Vic Fangio and Jalen Ramsey is our defensive improvement for the offseason and that will veyr likely be enough. We are very likely going to focus on O-Line, TE and lots of rumors about us moving up to take the Alabama RB. I almost never want to take a RB in the 1st round but he's supposed to be one of those elite talents that kills it for 5 years before his body gives out and championship windows are usually small, so I would be fine with it.

EDIT: It's the Texas RB Bijan Robinson, not Alabama.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2023, 04:09:53 pm by EDGECRUSHER » Logged
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2023, 09:55:18 pm »

I almost never want to take a RB in the 1st round but he's supposed to be one of those elite talents that kills it for 5 years before his body gives out and championship windows are usually small, so I would be fine with it.

EDIT: It's the Texas RB Bijan Robinson, not Alabama.

You can relax now, Atlanta got him with pick 8
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2023, 10:16:28 pm »

Patriots got Christian Gonzalez - that's a serious upgrade at CB to try and cover Hill & Waddle.
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2023, 11:14:06 pm »

The first TE on the board Dalton Kincaid finally went late in the first round... to the Bills.

If the alarm bells aren't ringing enough that we have to get better covering these guys, things are only gonna get worse.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2023, 12:01:31 am by Downunder Dolphan » Logged
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2023, 12:18:09 am »

End of round 1, and it's the usual suspects at QB, CB, OL, DL & EDGE and WR picked up, a single LB and TE for good measure.

We still have a long wait on day 2 ahead - there's a chance one of the other 4 top rated at the TE position may fall to us 20 picks in.

Like last year, it's really hard to get excited about this draft when we seem to be picking over the scraps of what's left again...
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2023, 09:40:45 am »

I saw one mock have us taking guard O’Cyrus Torrence with our first pick, and that he was the highest rated interior lineman.

It could be a good pickup if it means we move Hunt back out to RT, or alternatively plug the gap between Armstead and Williams on the left.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2023, 09:50:00 am »

I saw one mock have us taking guard O’Cyrus Torrence with our first pick, and that he was the highest rated interior lineman.

It could be a good pickup if it means we move Hunt back out to RT, or alternatively plug the gap between Armstead and Williams on the left.

Sadly, Eichenberg is probably a lost cause so taking a LG with our first pick is fine by me. I just pray that we're not really serious about playing Austin Jackson at RT again. He quit on the team last season with history's worst non-surgical ankle injury and he isn't good when healthy. Not the guy you want covering the blind spot of a QB who had multiple concussions.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2023, 10:05:46 am »

I personally don't understand the fascination that so many have with the TE position. Seems like the Dolphins made it abundtantly clear last year that a TE really isn't a priority in this offense. Now before you jump me and say a blocking TE is well I think we already have a couple of those and we already have plenty of other players that can catch and run, I just don't see the need for another TE. There are way too many other positions of need to go after a TE in the 2nd round in my opinion.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2023, 10:07:30 am by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2023, 11:05:55 am »

I personally don't understand the fascination that so many have with the TE position. Seems like the Dolphins made it abundtantly clear last year that a TE really isn't a priority in this offense. Now before you jump me and say a blocking TE is well I think we already have a couple of those and we already have plenty of other players that can catch and run, I just don't see the need for another TE. There are way too many other positions of need to go after a TE in the 2nd round in my opinion.

Agreed, however if the best TE available to us fits the sceme perfectly whereas the best OG or RT available to us doesn't or is overrated, then I would take the TE. We have lots of talent, so we don't need to reach. Even for positions of need. We can address those issues via trades.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2023, 01:13:23 pm »

Personally I love the TE position.  More so than any other position a top tier TE can create dilemmas for the opposing team.   

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Dolfanalyst
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2023, 01:33:39 pm »

Darnell Washington, the TE from Georgia, in round 2 would be great.  Functions in essence as an additional offensive lineman when lined up inline, and can also be a big target down the middle at 6 foot 7, 264 pounds.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2023, 02:37:34 pm »

I would think we'd go TE but at this point I'm going to trust McDaniel as he knows more of what would help him. I can't see us going defensive but I wouldn't be shocked if we did.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2023, 08:44:27 pm »

Dolphins draft a CB? WTF??? Might as well have drafted another wide receiver as we don’t need any more of them either for this season.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2023, 09:58:48 pm »

Dolphins draft a CB? WTF??? Might as well have drafted another wide receiver as we don’t need any more of them either for this season.

Was he really the best player on the board? I know that Xavien isn't the healthiest but we can't go into this season expecting to use our 7th stringers again. I would've preferred the Guard that the Bills got, but I'm not familiar with what O-Line scheme we run.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray