Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 10:33:35 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Donald Trump getting impeached
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11 Print
Author Topic: Donald Trump getting impeached  (Read 23652 times)
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #45 on: October 02, 2019, 03:55:28 pm »

You are wasting your time, CF and Pondwater are among the “stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody and not lose any voters." cult.
The hole in your plot is that I didn't even vote for Trump. Jokes on you sucker, hahaha.

Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #46 on: October 02, 2019, 04:03:42 pm »

Being the selfish A-hole that I am, I couldn't care less whether he gets impeached or not.  My life is not directly changed in the least no matter who the president is.  Few if any of you have your lives directly changed no matter who the president is either.   The last time my life was directly changed by a president was when George W. Bush was president and I ended up in Iraq.  I kind of enjoyed being deployed so even that was fine with me.  For the vast majority of us, the things that our city commissioners do have a much larger direct impact on each of us as individuals than who is occupying the White House at any given time.  Before the flaming starts with "Trump hates people of color" and "Obama hated Christians", please read my post again and focus on the parts where I say repeatedly that "my life" is not impacted by who the president is.  I didn't say anything about "groups" being impacted. 
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #47 on: October 02, 2019, 05:12:06 pm »

I get most of my info from anything not FOX, CNN or MSNBC although I do read them in order to see the extremist side to things.
This is your first mistake, you should be watching the Late Show with Stephen Colbert. Fucking hilarious.  Evil

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #48 on: October 02, 2019, 05:22:07 pm »

This is your first mistake, you should be watching the Late Show with Stephen Colbert. Fucking hilarious.  Evil

you know .. that show started off kinda slow at first .. but he's really hit his stride and he's pretty damn funny
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #49 on: October 02, 2019, 05:24:06 pm »

I get most of my info from anything not FOX, CNN or MSNBC although I do read them in order to see the extremist side to things.
In conservative reality, CNN is "extremist" and centrists don't exist.

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #50 on: October 02, 2019, 05:29:10 pm »

Because if they did have full House vote authorizing a formal inquiry. The House Minority Republicans would then have full subpoena authority. Without a vote, the Democrats are only ones who have the rights to gather official information. A vote would actually give the Republicans due process and make sure that both sides are heard. You know the Democrats aren't big on due process and don't want a fair process.
Mitch McConnell wouldn't even let the Senate vote on Obama's Supreme Court nomination, and to this day is preventing the Senate from taking a vote on a bill to stop foreign interference in future elections.

Spare me with these "Democrats are shamefully playing politics with important matters!" crocodile tears.  At least the Republicans will get a chance to vote on whether or not Trump is impeached, which is more than Merrick Garland got.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #51 on: October 02, 2019, 05:42:28 pm »

Last week tonight with John Oliver is better.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #52 on: October 02, 2019, 05:49:12 pm »

Mitch McConnell wouldn't even let the Senate vote on Obama's Supreme Court nomination, and to this day is preventing the Senate from taking a vote on a bill to stop foreign interference in future elections.

Spare me with these "Democrats are shamefully playing politics with important matters!" crocodile tears.  At least the Republicans will get a chance to vote on whether or not Trump is impeached, which is more than Merrick Garland got.
Not sure what any of that has to do with this thread. Merrick Garland wasn't accused of a crime. So I guess you're saying that you don't think that the Republicans should have full subpoena authority in order to gather information? Or that the POTUS should have fair due process? Gotcha

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #53 on: October 02, 2019, 07:13:26 pm »

"Not sure what the stuff we did has to do with the stuff you are doing now.  Trump was never accused of getting a BJ from an intern, so this is apples and oranges."

But OK, let's get hyper-specific and talk only about what Democrats and Republicans in the House of Representatives did about accusations that President Donald J. Trump committed a crime.

House Democrats have been saying that Trump violated the law since at least day 1 of his presidency.  Can you explain why it wasn't until 2019 that all these House investigations (e.g. into Trump's tax returns) started?  I mean, given the solemn respect for the rights of the minority party that House Republicans obviously live by, the fact that the Democrats took control in 2019 surely could not have played a factor.  So what was it?
« Last Edit: October 02, 2019, 07:52:56 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #54 on: October 02, 2019, 08:10:27 pm »

Ugh, The Late Show with Stephen Colbert is unwatchable for me.  I'm a Democrat, a centrist Democrat, and I loved The Colbert Report, and was happy he was taking over Letterman (although I would have preferred Craig Ferguson), but Colbert has become a one trick pony - anything anti-Trump.  It's tired comedy.  I stopped watching over a year ago, and every once in a while I'll turn it on and it's still non stop anti-Trump; whether it's the monologue, or no matter who the guests are.  I liked late night comedy for a variety of topics and guests, but it's nothing but non stop Trump bashing.  If college students wanted to make a drinking game out of every time he mentions Trump none of them would make it to class the next day because they would be too hung over.
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #55 on: October 03, 2019, 03:51:13 am »

"Not sure what the stuff we did has to do with the stuff you are doing now.  Trump was never accused of getting a BJ from an intern, so this is apples and oranges."

But OK, let's get hyper-specific and talk only about what Democrats and Republicans in the House of Representatives did about accusations that President Donald J. Trump committed a crime.

House Democrats have been saying that Trump violated the law since at least day 1 of his presidency.  Can you explain why it wasn't until 2019 that all these House investigations (e.g. into Trump's tax returns) started?  I mean, given the solemn respect for the rights of the minority party that House Republicans obviously live by, the fact that the Democrats took control in 2019 surely could not have played a factor.  So what was it?
So I guess that you're trying to say is that you don't think that the Republicans should have full subpoena authority in order to gather information? Or that the POTUS should have fair due process?

Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #56 on: October 03, 2019, 07:35:44 am »

So I guess that you're trying to say is that you don't think that the Republicans should have full subpoena authority in order to gather information? Or that the POTUS should have fair due process?

No. They had their chance his first 2 years. This is due process. Investigation doesn't have 2 sides. That's for the trial in the Senate.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #57 on: October 03, 2019, 08:01:37 am »

If there is one thing that all of us should be able to agree upon, it is that 90% (conservative estimate) of all politicians (regardless of party affiliation) suck and are astoundingly untrustworthy. 
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #58 on: October 03, 2019, 12:31:32 pm »

Ugh, The Late Show with Stephen Colbert is unwatchable for me.  I'm a Democrat, a centrist Democrat, and I loved The Colbert Report, and was happy he was taking over Letterman (although I would have preferred Craig Ferguson), but Colbert has become a one trick pony - anything anti-Trump.  It's tired comedy.  I stopped watching over a year ago, and every once in a while I'll turn it on and it's still non stop anti-Trump; whether it's the monologue, or no matter who the guests are.  I liked late night comedy for a variety of topics and guests, but it's nothing but non stop Trump bashing.  If college students wanted to make a drinking game out of every time he mentions Trump none of them would make it to class the next day because they would be too hung over.
Well Trump is the funniest thing happening these days. Can't blame him for taking advantage of that. His ratings have skyrocketed ever since Trump took office. If you don't laugh at this stuff, you just become depressed by it.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #59 on: October 03, 2019, 12:58:02 pm »

And trump just asked China publicly to dig up dirt on Biden. It's just a "fuck you laws" moment there.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray