Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:28:26 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Who will be the GOP nominee?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18 Print
Poll
Question: Who will be the GOP nominee?
Trump   -7 (58.3%)
Desantis   -3 (25%)
The Field   -2 (16.7%)
Total Voters: 11

Author Topic: Who will be the GOP nominee?  (Read 15010 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #165 on: May 26, 2023, 11:53:18 am »

When DeSantis was leading (but not yet declared), you were happy to cite polls approvingly:
But now that he's getting crushed, the current primary polls are for fools?  Come on, man.
At the end of the day, their net income for Q2 2023 was almost triple was it was in the same timeframe last year.  So whatever mistakes they are making seem to be more than made up for by the good moves they are making.

It is a bit ironic that you specifically point out the success of the Disney parks, as the parks are the one thing that DeSantis can most directly affect.
I agree with calling me out on the polls. I was a fool too .... hahaha.  You can point to all the money stats you want but Disney wouldn't be laying off and cancelling billion dollar projects if they were fine. As well, not sure about your reference to Ron and Disney parks doing well. He hasn't set out to make Disney do bad in any law he has enacted. It's only to force them to play on the same field as the other theme parks and businesses. 

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #166 on: May 26, 2023, 12:06:00 pm »

Bullshit.  There are over 1000 special purpose district of various types across Florida.  And Desantis didn't have one iota of a problem with any of them until Disney dared to criticize DeSantos's don't say gay bill.   

We could discuss special districts all day but typically they are more restrictive environmental areas. Name one theme park with a special district.

As well ... I already said they put their self on his radar. What it didn't do was start the discussion about removing Disney's special status. Universal is currently building a new theme park, Epic Universe. Do you know how much more it takes for them to be able to do that than say when Disney built MGM Studios?  Don't you think that maybe they and others like them have been pushing government to makes things a little more even or do you think it's just been Kum ba yah for everyone because its Disney getting all this special privilege?

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #167 on: May 26, 2023, 12:48:29 pm »

Dave … is this what you’ve been waiting for?  

I don't know what happened to Donald Trump': DeSantis FINALLY unloads on ex-President to say he is 'running to the LEFT,' has 'changed' since his first White House run and his campaign is going in the 'wrong direction'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12128107/DeSantis-says-Trump-running-LEFT-changed-ran-2016.html

« Last Edit: May 26, 2023, 12:51:35 pm by CF DolFan » Logged

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #168 on: May 26, 2023, 03:20:17 pm »

CF, do you really think it was a good idea for DeSantis to wait until now to finally make some timid gestures at attacking Trump?
Seems like he could have done exactly the same thing 3 months ago when you posted those polls showing DeSantis with a lead, instead of waiting until after Trump has undermined a bunch of his support.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: DeSantis is a dummy for running in 2024.  Trump is going to do this guy like he did Jeb Bush and Scott Walker, and that will be the last we hear of Ron DeSantis.  The only out DeSantis has is if Trump dies.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #169 on: May 26, 2023, 05:34:33 pm »

CF, do you really think it was a good idea for DeSantis to wait until now to finally make some timid gestures at attacking Trump?
Seems like he could have done exactly the same thing 3 months ago when you posted those polls showing DeSantis with a lead, instead of waiting until after Trump has undermined a bunch of his support.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: DeSantis is a dummy for running in 2024.  Trump is going to do this guy like he did Jeb Bush and Scott Walker, and that will be the last we hear of Ron DeSantis.  The only out DeSantis has is if Trump dies.
We will see how it plays out. He's got a ton of money backing him and plenty of time to introduce himself to the rest of the country. I honestly see no issue with how he has run this except for Twitter failing him. He's still got plenty of time.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #170 on: May 26, 2023, 05:45:10 pm »

We will see how it plays out. He's got a ton of money backing him and plenty of time to introduce himself to the rest of the country. I honestly see no issue with how he has run this except for Twitter failing him. He's still got plenty of time.

He has introduced himself to the country.  He is the governor who picked a fight with a cartoon mouse, following in the tradition of other great Republican leaders such as Dan Quail going after Murphy Brown and Mitt Romney going to war with Big Bird.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #171 on: May 27, 2023, 01:11:50 am »

The one notable development with DeSantis officially entering the primary is that finally, he provides an acceptable target for all the other Republican primary candidates who are terrified of Trump; by attacking DeSantis, they can run against Trumpism without having to run directly against Trump.  Nikki Haley is already doing so.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #172 on: May 27, 2023, 01:16:03 pm »

The one notable development with DeSantis officially entering the primary is that finally, he provides an acceptable target for all the other Republican primary candidates who are terrified of Trump; by attacking DeSantis, they can run against Trumpism without having to run directly against Trump.  Nikki Haley is already doing so.

I think Haley, DeSantos and other all realize the can't directly beat Trump but figure there is a very decent chance Trump will implode, get arrested, die or flee the country by the time the Republican convention occurs and are positioning themselves to the nominee then.

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #173 on: May 31, 2023, 09:00:14 pm »

Just wanted to re-emphasize that even if DeSantis can manage to make it to the first debates, he is going to get absolutely dogpiled by the rest of the candidates.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2023, 10:03:53 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #174 on: June 01, 2023, 11:36:16 am »

The more I see this shaking out, it seems like there is Trump and "the field" and the latter is fighting for scraps.  I think their only hope is that Trump dies, gets in more legal trouble, or otherwise has a scandal that makes him super toxic.  They don't seem interested in trying to take him down directly.

I drink your milkshake!
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #175 on: June 03, 2023, 06:29:15 pm »

This video is, in a word, sad.

DeSantis, who rose to fame with a video shamelessly worshipping Trump, just released the above campaign video that appears to be equally about... Elon Musk?  Musk is not on the ticket (and, constitutionally, cannot be).

Tiny D (as more and more people are calling him) is a weak candidate that needs to attach himself to popular people to try to siphon off of their supporters' enthusiasm.  This bubble is going to burst spectacularly.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #176 on: June 05, 2023, 06:50:42 pm »

And Mike Pence throws his hat in the ring.....

He won't get the diehard Trump supporters, even if Trump drops out.

He won't get the never Trumpers.

He can get the religious extremists.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #177 on: June 06, 2023, 09:16:44 am »

This video is, in a word, sad.

DeSantis, who rose to fame with a video shamelessly worshipping Trump, just released the above campaign video that appears to be equally about... Elon Musk?  Musk is not on the ticket (and, constitutionally, cannot be).

Tiny D (as more and more people are calling him) is a weak candidate that needs to attach himself to popular people to try to siphon off of their supporters' enthusiasm.  This bubble is going to burst spectacularly.
It's pretty apparent you are obsessed with DeSantis and hoping he has a Tiny D. Good for you I guess. The video you linked to is about securing our border and the reasons behind it. No mention of Elon Musk. Maybe concentrate on linking to correct videos instead of looking for tiny ds?  

BTW Tiny D has closed the gap by 14% in Iowa since declaring. He now trails Trump by only 10% with plenty of time to gain even more from the crowded field.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2023, 09:46:00 am by CF DolFan » Logged

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #178 on: June 06, 2023, 09:54:55 am »

it. No mention of Elon Musk. Maybe concentrate on linking to correct videos instead of looking for tiny ds?  

half the images are of musk.

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #179 on: June 06, 2023, 10:49:05 am »

BTW Tiny D has closed the gap by 14% in Iowa since declaring. He now trails Trump by only 10% with plenty of time to gain even more from the crowded field.

Unless DeSantis is running for the Mayor of Des Moines, it means nothing...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray